BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Does Our Form Impact On Your Daily Life?

stowell

Just started the final exams of my schooling and ever since the Rovers started this winning streak i feel i've been thinking clearly, have been more confident and more proactive in my learning.

Just what I needed in the lead up to this exam period!

I just hope we don't lose to Liverpool two days before my History exam... :P

So how does our form impact on your daily life?

Discuss.

Just started the final exams of my schooling and ever since the Rovers started this winning streak i feel i've been thinking clearly, have been more confident and more proactive in my learning.

Just what I needed in the lead up to this exam period!

I just hope we don't lose to Liverpool two days before my History exam... :P

So how does our form impact on your daily life?

Discuss.

I start daydreaming and acting out what I would do if we won the league. I have a messed up imagination so this really isnt that bad compared to other things I can come out with :)

No.

As much as I enjoy football and have many great memories as a result of it I can't allow something which I have zero influence on to have any significant role in my daily emotions.

Don't buy it.

Not even a buzz the next day? You can't say that that buzz hasn't inadvertently 'assisted' you in making some hard decisions.

I do find that the result of the day's game will affect my mood for that day and maybe the next day or two. Sad, isn't it?

Definitely not! I think it's one of the joys of football... but maybe i'm just a 'Nick Hornbyians' who look too far into football..

...don't think so though :rover:

I do find that the result of the day's game will affect my mood for that day and maybe the next day or two. Sad, isn't it?

Highly agreed. I must say that when we win im in a great mood for the next 3-4 days! But when we lose i get sad :( for about an hour or so then move on, with the hopes that next week will be different.

Depends on who it is, but I'll definitely be happier for the rest of the day (Remember it's about noon or before usually when I see a game), but here in the fall, that mood can change based on how my college football (american football) team does.

I'd say the results of my baseball (Texas Rangers) and hockey (Dallas Stars) teams play a larger role on my mood the next day than a Blackburn game, but that's usually because of the timing of when I see the games.

Don't buy it.

Not even a buzz the next day? You can't say that that buzz hasn't inadvertently 'assisted' you in making some hard decisions.

You don't buy what?

It's a stone cold fact, I dedicate all my energy into what I study and teach and honestly, though I'm glad when we win, and annoys me a tad when we lose, 11 mens activities on a football pitch isn't my true goal or love in life, and though I know it is to some, I think that's pretty wierd.

I support and enjoy, but honestly if you give ALL your energy and emotion to something you don't have 1% of an influence on..... Well, is there nothing more?

No.

As much as I enjoy football and have many great memories as a result of it I can't allow something which I have zero influence on to have any significant role in my daily emotions.

Bah Humbug or what, without a doubt results affect my mood. I do wish i could adopt your "can't allow something which I have zero influence on to have any significant role in my daily emotions." stance when it comes to the wife. :D

I think Uncle Jack summed it up in this quote.

Jack Walker may have put Rovers on a sound financial footing, but more than that he is remembered as Blackburn’s greatest supporter, who once said what every other supporter feels.

"If they don't win then I am bloody miserable on a Sunday."

As most you know my two passions are rovers and broncos...both equal feelings.

Its strange because when one wins i buzz like hell and if the other gets beat then a sombre mood takes over and then i think of the win and happy again..its wierd my g/f calls it a scizo weekend ..but when they both win im high for a week.

I think Uncle Jack summed it up in this quote.

Jack Walker may have put Rovers on a sound financial footing, but more than that he is remembered as Blackburn’s greatest supporter, who once said what every other supporter feels.

"If they don't win then I am bloody miserable on a Sunday."

Or more likely a Monday given current trends in kick off times.

Certainly. If we win I'm in a good mood for at least the rest of the day, sometimes longer depending on the importance of the game and the opponents. Same goes for if we lose, I usually get over that faster than I celebrate a win (maybe only an hour or two of being a bit down if it is just your average league game), but some results can take me a few days to get over.

I get very very nervous the day before and even morning/afternoon before the match, and it will effect if I go out after the game.

But of course it impacts on my daily life, how long do I spend every day reading websites like this or watching SSN just waiting and hoping for a 1 minute feature on Rovers?

When i was at school/uni etc i was in a bad mood for a week...probably because everyone else in the uni took great joy in winding me up.

However, recently, in the last 3 years ive found my football related moods to be improved. Im generally now only annoyed for a few hours. I used to drive down the M65 from ewood and let it all out my screaming at myself and slamming my fists on the horn. Now i just go for a walk and then go and drink beer and its soon forgotten until the next week.

Archived