BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ticket Farce

I have to give the ticket office some special praise for exchanging my seats at vey short notice.

My youngest had an accident this week and we turned up with his leg in a splint, unable to bend his knee. So we wanted to swap our usual seats for front row seats. This was done with the minimum of fuss even though it was only one and half hours before kick off and we were originally told no tickets were available.

The view was rubbish but at least we were in the ground.

Many thanks to the two very helpful ladies in the TO who sorted us out.

I have to give the ticket office some special praise for exchanging my seats at vey short notice.

Similar for us. At relatively short notice my lad wanted an extra ticket and to move his seat next to the extra one. All done very quickly and simply. I'm sure the TO do get things wrong but the bulk of the time the staff are very helpful.

As an aside I get increasingly irritated by the people who sit in ST holders seats on the basis the seat is empty so I'll just take it and see what happens. On Saturday two blokes had to be moved three times, your seat number is on your ticket guys!!

A long time supporting Lverpool fan from Blackburn came into the pub after the game on saturday and told us about how many Liverpool fans had found a way around scamming the electronis turnstiles at Ewood by using a replicated bar code.

When i entered the riverside two minutes before kick off there were at least a couple of hundred scousers outside both sides of the Darwen end when i entered and looked at the Darwen end from the front which was pretty swift there seemed to be no spare seats for these fans that i'd seen outside the ground to sit in.

He said the Liverpool fans were standing in the isles as there was no way they could all have sat down.

You must have entered at the same time as me then as my ticket flashed red at the turnstiles and we were let into the ground via the far turnstile with a steward who used a card to bypass the system. Then to find 3 Greek lads in my seats I was far from impressed and have taken one of their tickets off them to show the tickets are the exact same as each other

now now Ricky m'lad, don't be so judgemental

He's right... Everton and Liverpool fans are as bad as each other, they play the sympathy card re Hillsborough etc when it suits them, but when it doesn't they forge tickets or just charge on in there regardless. I mean Everton fans buying tickets for a European away tie in the home end... how thick can you get?! They moan when UEFA take the tickets off them, but if UEFA hadn't done anything and there'd been a riot, who's fault would it have been? Not the whiter-than-white Merseysiders, that's for sure :rolleyes:

A long time supporting Lverpool fan from Blackburn came into the pub after the game on saturday and told us about how many Liverpool fans had found a way around scamming the electronis turnstiles at Ewood by using a replicated bar code.

When i entered the riverside two minutes before kick off there were at least a couple of hundred scousers outside both sides of the Darwen end when i entered and looked at the Darwen end from the front which was pretty swift there seemed to be no spare seats for these fans that i'd seen outside the ground to sit in.

He said the Liverpool fans were standing in the isles as there was no way they could all have sat down.

But surely the bar code on each ticket is different in order to make it unique and only allow entry once :unsure:

So say they replicated a bar code 10 times, only one would be approved entry at the turnstiles?

yes, Ben, but if they let the fake in first.. then the guy with the real ticket shows up. They, almost by rigth, have to let the actually buyer in. So now you have 2 in the park for that seat....

Its not a matter of making 10 copies of 1 seat, its making 1 extra copy of 10 seats.

yes, Ben, but if they let the fake in first.. then the guy with the real ticket shows up. They, almost by rigth, have to let the actually buyer in. So now you have 2 in the park for that seat....

Its not a matter of making 10 copies of 1 seat, its making 1 extra copy of 10 seats.

No they don't.

If that actually happened, the club could be in serious breach of it's license.

But surely the bar code on each ticket is different in order to make it unique and only allow entry once :unsure:

So say they replicated a bar code 10 times, only one would be approved entry at the turnstiles?

dont they have the shiny silver thing on anymore?

dont they have the shiny silver thing on anymore?

shiny silver thing is on them yes, and i have two identical tickets still at home that i will be complaining over

anyone got any contact details so i can get on the ball with this?

shiny silver thing is on them yes, and i have two identical tickets still at home that i will be complaining over

anyone got any contact details so i can get on the ball with this?

General Switchboard number is 0871 702 1875. I'd ask for Lynsey Talbot (JW's PA or Tom Finn). This is a serious matter in my opinion and needs looking at. I think the Fans Forum should be asking questions about it as well.

General Switchboard number is 0871 702 1875. I'd ask for Lynsey Talbot (JW's PA or Tom Finn). This is a serious matter in my opinion and needs looking at. I think the Fans Forum should be asking questions about it as well.

I agree - the next Forum is on 19th - a week on Monday and I'll make sure that it's on the agenda.

I agree - the next Forum is on 19th - a week on Monday and I'll make sure that it's on the agenda.

Thanks for your help - not sure if I can complain or not as it was a friend who bought the tickets for us due to me being at work etc, he got them in his name

Just remembered - when we received the tickets, the name of the tickets was foreign (probably explains why some Greeks were in our seats) so this is ANOTHER problem.

What would they have done if there were no seats at all for us to be seated in?

I can't see that as a problem, Dan, just mention it. Thing is, you've got proof of a scam and it needs ensuring it won't happen again.

From the ticket i had originally that was mine, and the duplicate i took off one of the people in my seats - I am far from convinced they were fakes it looks like the system sold the seat twice. i will be contacting them and will let you know what is said

Fair enough, Dan, but there is also the question of JAL's post

IF that is true - it needs stopping.

Archived