BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New England Manager

No way. He may be the special one but not the one for the job in my opinion.

We need someone English i think Shearer would be the ideal candidate for the job with managers such as Marco Van Basten, Jurgen Klinsman and Slaven Bilic (sp) all doing well @ international level with no previous managerial experience then Shearer is the man although i think if Rovers beat Newcastle on Saturday, big fat Sam will get the sack if they dont get anything from their next couple of games and Shearer will take over there. Thats was i reckon anyway.

Jose for me to. I don’t care if we win playing negative football, as long as we win some games. The press would be onside straightaway because he is a paper seller, the fans love him and he has the ego to drop any player irrespective of how big a name they are.

Knowing the FA they will probably appoint someone Pearce FFs

The FA are reviewing the dtructure from top to bottom. From grass roots right up to the senior game at international level. They are not just going to appoint a new manager but will restructure the system all the way through. Sir Trevor Brooking has been pushing for it for quite come time and is now going to get his way.

It will probably be in January when the headline appointment is made, but it is safe to say that there will be a number of new faces coming into the set up.

I can't believe that Jose will be at the top of the pile. I think it is more likely that it will be a Shearer type figure, having had a number of good back room staff appointed to take care of the admin/structural side of the job, allowing the coach to get on with tactics and motivation.

I had £100 on Shearer at 40-1.

No way. He may be the special one but not the one for the job in my opinion.

We need someone English i think Shearer would be the ideal candidate for the job with managers such as Marco Van Basten, Jurgen Klinsman and Slaven Bilic (sp) all doing well @ international level with no previous managerial experience then Shearer is the man although i think if Rovers beat Newcastle on Saturday, big fat Sam will get the sack if they dont get anything from their next couple of games and Shearer will take over there. Thats was i reckon anyway.

it was just this sort of insular thinking that got us into this mess in the first place. what does shearer have in common with van basten, klinsmann and bilic other than him being an ex-player?! we dont need someone english if there's noone suitably qualified. sure passion is one thing, but as mclaren showed if you have tactical naivety thats the worst possible thing a manager can have. we need a man with experience and class, not some chest-beating englishman.

Jose for me to. I don’t care if we win playing negative football, as long as we win some games. The press would be onside straightaway because he is a paper seller, the fans love him and he has the ego to drop any player irrespective of how big a name they are.

Knowing the FA they will probably appoint someone Pearce FFs

Agree with that about Jose, but I have a sneaky feeling too that the FA will appoint somebody which they can 'push around'.....Mourinho would not stand any messing!

It has to be Jose Mourinho, he is just a class act, hated him as Chelsea manager because ne oozed arrogance, however, as soon as he left Chelsea, I realised what a great character he was, you can see why the Chelsea fans were gutted to see him leave. He won't take any stick from anyone. I think the FA should get him asap.

Alan Shearer is my second choice but his lack of experience is likely to put the FA off his appointment.

Other than these two I'd only opt for Capello or O'Neill, however, I don't think Capello speaks English does he??!

Klinsmann is a big no no, don't think we should have a German manager, wouldn't be right would it!!

The FA are reviewing the dtructure from top to bottom. From grass roots right up to the senior game at international level. They are not just going to appoint a new manager but will restructure the system all the way through. Sir Trevor Brooking has been pushing for it for quite come time and is now going to get his way.

It will probably be in January when the headline appointment is made, but it is safe to say that there will be a number of new faces coming into the set up.

I can't believe that Jose will be at the top of the pile. I think it is more likely that it will be a Shearer type figure, having had a number of good back room staff appointed to take care of the admin/structural side of the job, allowing the coach to get on with tactics and motivation.

Chesh, at those odds I hope he does get the gig for you guys!

I think it is more likely that it will be a Shearer type figure, having had a number of good back room staff appointed to take care of the admin/structural side of the job, allowing the coach to get on with tactics and motivation.

I know you wrote "Shearer type figure" but please allow me to address this as though you wrote "Shearer."

Although he is the second best striker we and the Skunks have ever had, he has absolutely no managerial experiance, and the only thing he has ever done since he retired from playing is to pontificate platitudes on MOTD with his knees as far apart as possible, airing his testicular region, and smiling like a special-needs case while mouthing monotone tabloid opinions.

Given Brian Barwick's record, your £40k is probably as good as banked.

Good bet Chesh

I think Mr. O'Neill doth protest too much and is basically saying "You got it wrong last time - if you want to get it right, then don't expect me to go through interviews, presentations and facile panel sessions. Just offer me the job and I'll think about it as the only credible domestic candidate". Jose may then go to Villa. Sounds good to me, anyway!!

ooooooh, or why not sell being "england manager for a day" on eBay or the like....

I like that idea and how about choosing the England team like the National lottery, each ball has a players face on it. The odds of Warnock and Bentley being picked will greatly improve.

The bit that cracked me up was on SSN yesterday. These clowns have been on this over a week, no targets identified, no shortlist, no nothing. So after Barwick and Brooking working on this for over a week what have they acheived. They have identified the need for a World Class Manager. Well no F'in s.h.i.t. Sherlock. I swear.

Archived