BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Italian Mafia

waggy

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waggy, there is no one English good enough to manage England, lets give him a chance or should we give the only English manager who has won something recently another go?

Step forward McClaren.

Oh wait he was ###### rubbish wasnt he?

No one good enough, lets go with a proven winner then shall we. It was myopic xenophobic idiots that got us into this mess in the first place, lets not let them keep us in it.

Englands problems are at the grass roots, concentrate your ire at that, not one of the best managers Europe has produced.

No one good enough, lets go with a proven winner then shall we. It was myopic xenophobic idiots that got us into this mess in the first place, lets not let them keep us in it.

Englands problems are at the grass roots, concentrate your ire at that, not one of the best managers Europe has produced.

It is a bit daft that in international football you are allowed foreign managers as, nominally at least, it is supposed to be country agianst country. However as it is allowed we have to make the most of it, Portugal, S Korea, Greece etc have all done it quite successfully.

How can England not of produced a single really top class manager in such a long long time...

I guess we all secretly think, though we'd hate to express it in case they took us up on it, that Sparky would a great England manager.......shucks though, he's Welsh! Probably that's how Man U feel, Arsenal, Liverpool too, and what nationality is Martin O'Neil?

The truth is who could do it who is English, I guess BFS was a good candidate until he blotted his copy book, would those who do not want Italians, want BFS instead now?

Guest Kamy100

In an ideal world I too would like an Englishman in charge of the England team, but we do not live in a "ideal world". Unfortunately there are no real credible english candidates other than Harry Redknapp. Shearer and Beckham have zero experience, and while the experiment worked with Holland and Germany it is far to risky to attempt with the current England Side.

To get Capello is a huge coup for the FA. He has all the necessary credentials to do the job and I firmly believe that he will take this England team forward and I am very excited by this appointment.

:rover: bfs has never been classed as a international manager by me,but i would have had him before capello or malcom maclaren :brfcsmilie:

that just show's how ridiculous your attitude is! You'd rather someone not good enough to be an international manager got the job over someone with a fantastic track record as a club manager in Europe - just because he was English. Yes we all want an Englishman ideally - but there isn't a stand out candidate. Isn't it estimated that failing to qualify for the EURO's will cost the economy a billion pounds? That shows the importance of getting the best man for the job regardless of nationality.

Can we merge this with the McClaren thread?

Why have an Englishman? The last one was a complete bust and Keegan wasn't much better. For all Sven's faults he still got us to tournaments. The last decent English manager we had was sacked because he had a go at people in wheelchairs.

England need a person who will change what is going on right now, not someone qualified purely on place of birth; that's what happened last time. The whole system needs overhauling. It will be the hardest thing English football has ever done because you cannot stop dad's shouting at their kids on a Saturday/Sunday morning.

"Stop fannying about with it!"

"Get rid!"

"Get stuck in!"

Comments like these make English kids frightened of a ball.

We need more coaches, better coaches, better facilities, and a decent talent nurturing system setting up; then we might get a decent Englishman at the helm.

It is a bit daft that in international football you are allowed foreign managers as, nominally at least, it is supposed to be country agianst country. However as it is allowed we have to make the most of it, Portugal, S Korea, Greece etc have all done it quite successfully.

How can England not of produced a single really top class manager in such a long long time...

I agree. I don't understand why there are different rules for players and managers/coaches. I thought it was supposed to be all about people born and bred in a country representing that country. If we can have foreign managers, why not have foreign players? It's a bit embarrassing really, and reflects the sad state affairs in English football if there are no english managers considered good enough. If England win anything, then it wouldn't really be a victory for English football will it?

...and as for getting Shearer to be Capello's assistant, we all saw what happened the last time an Englishman with a dull, monotone voice was the assistant to a foreign manager - he became Steve McClaren. Don't do it Alan!! :P

I was never a fan of SGE - but following the disaster that was Steve McClaren - maybe he wasn't the problem afterall. We always qualified with ease - just Svens negative substitutions let him down at times.

My first choice was Mourinho - but I'll support Capello. I just hope the media get behind him. I've already read one story about him using drugs as a footballer - didn't take long did it. He used enhancing drugs that were legal at the time - but the headline made him sound like some kind of monster!

:rover: my choice would have been either,BRYAN ROBSON,ALAN SHEARER OR DAVID BECKHAM all ENGLAND CAPTIANS and would have the respect off the players :brfcsmilie:

And they wouldn't respect a man who's won 7 league titles (2 in Spain, 5 in Italy) and the Champions League in the past 16 years? Someone who's been manager of AC Milan (twice), Real Madrid (twice), Roma and Juventus?

He's also won four Serie A titles as a player, two Coppa Italia, and played in a European Cup final, so it's not a case of players disrespecting a manager who's not had a good playing career either - which btw is bs in the first place. Mourinho and SGE to name a few.

I agree. I don't understand why there are different rules for players and managers/coaches. I thought it was supposed to be all about people born and bred in a country representing that country. If we can have foreign managers, why not have foreign players? It's a bit embarrassing really, and reflects the sad state affairs in English football if there are no english managers considered good enough. If England win anything, then it wouldn't really be a victory for English football will it?

It would be a victory for English football. To succeed you need the best man for the job, in England we don't have the best man so we have to find him elsewhere.

I would like an Englishman, I'd like the England team to play as such, I'd like the Premier League to have a much higher percentage of domestic talent, but none of this will happen any time soon.

And they wouldn't respect a man who's won 7 league titles (2 in Spain, 5 in Italy) and the Champions League in the past 16 years? Someone who's been manager of AC Milan (twice), Real Madrid (twice), Roma and Juventus?

He's also won four Serie A titles as a player, two Coppa Italia, and played in a European Cup final, so it's not a case of players disrespecting a manager who's not had a good playing career either - which btw is bs in the first place. Mourinho and SGE to name a few.

:rover: the thing is he is foriegn,not bothered if he had two heads,and 105 medals,the job should and always go to a englishman :brfcsmilie:

:rover: i we never beat them :brfcsmilie:

Didn't beat us under Ron Greenwood, Bobby Robson (In 3 attempts), Graham Taylor, Terry Venables, Glenn Hoddle or Kevin Keegan either. I bet that was because they secretly weren't English either eh?

:rover: the thing is he is foriegn,not bothered if he had two heads,and 105 medals,the job should and always go to a englishman :brfcsmilie:

That's what you believe. But you used the argument that the players wouldn't respect Capello. Which they clearly will.

Archived