BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Italian Mafia

waggy

It would be a victory for English football. To succeed you need the best man for the job, in England we don't have the best man so we have to find him elsewhere.

I would like an Englishman, I'd like the England team to play as such, I'd like the Premier League to have a much higher percentage of domestic talent, but none of this will happen any time soon.

Why would it be a victory for English football, when a member of that "team" is not English. Especially - some would argue - that that person is the most important member of that team. Are England fans not embarrassed by this?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He is the best Manager England have had in a while.

Only because he hasn't played a match

I would like to revisit this thread when he wins something for us :rolleyes:

He won't......but for £6m a year your entitled to expect him to

While I don't care what happens to England I have some symapthy with waggy's view. There is a difference between employing an Italian manager with English support staff and employing an Italian manager and four of his support team plus Stuart Pearce. Capello has an opt out after the 2010 world cup. If England do badly we will be no further forward, there will be no English coaching staff with experience to pick up the pieces etc.

Capello is getting a 4.5 year deal worth £6m a year. That's £27m plus expenses etc. Then we have four of his support staff at say £1m a year, that's another £18m, plus Pearce who being a full-blooded Englishman will do it for pride!

This deal is going to cost the FA at least £50m over 4 years. For that money I say the only acceptable result is to win the World Cup. Anything less is a failure.

Why would it be a victory for English football, when a member of that "team" is not English. Especially - some would argue - that that person is the most important member of that team. Are England fans not embarrassed by this?

If we win the World Cup I wouldn't care where the manager came from - unless it was Germany :D

It would simply be one of the greatest days of my life.

If we win the World Cup I wouldn't care where the manager came from - unless it was Germany :D

It would simply be one of the greatest days of my life.

Sorry, don't understand! Why do you support England and want the team to do well? Is it because you are english? Is it because the team is english? Is it both? If we have a foreign coach/manager and training staff then the team is no longer english. Surely it's an Italian/England hybrid? It's no longer a team that REPRESENTS english talent and football, and I thought that was the whole point of international football? Am I wrong?

Sorry, don't understand! Why do you support England and want the team to do well? Is it because you are english? Is it because the team is english? Is it both? If we have a foreign coach/manager and training staff then the team is no longer english. Surely it's an Italian/England hybrid? It's no longer a team that REPRESENTS english talent and football, and I thought that was the whole point of international football? Am I wrong?

For someone who lists his location as being "Planet Earth" - that's crazy talk.

Fantastic appointment although the BBC is reporting that the MK Dons boss Paul Ince is unhappy with the appointment.

Yes folks Paul Ince.

Was'nt it Capello who, 3 years or so ago said."Everytime I watch Rio Ferdinand play he always gives the impression that he's

looking in the mirror at himself"

The mighty Rio,Capellos first be'heading,happy days.

For someone who lists his location as being "Planet Earth" - that's crazy talk.

Maybe it is! :D I just don't see the point of Internationals if the teams do not come from the countries that they are representing. That includes the manager/coach who plays a MAJOR role in how the team performs. What makes supporting England any different than supporting any other team?

Maybe it is! :D I just don't see the point of Internationals if the teams do not come from the countries that they are representing. That includes the manager/coach who plays a MAJOR role in how the team performs. What makes supporting England any different than supporting any other team?

I appreciate what your saying - as I would prefer an Englishman - but if we win the World Cup he'll be an honory Englishman in my eyes. :D

How can the team not be english just because we have a foreign manager? Total ######.

The team is 11 players on the field.

Wopuld you be up in arms if we changed kit suppliers to someone foreign?

The kit supplier has nothing to do how the team performs on the pitch. Some people would say that the manager is the most important part of the team. They always seem to be the first one to go when teams are not doing well, so people must think they have some influence on what goes on on the pitch. no?

:rover: my choice would have been either,BRYAN ROBSON,ALAN SHEARER OR DAVID BECKHAM all ENGLAND CAPTIANS and would have the respect off the players :brfcsmilie:

Bryan Robson!? I wish. :lol:

Capello is an awesome coach and arguably the best available candidate. It's all very well harping on about the need for the manager to be English but quite frankly there are no current coaches up to the extremely difficult job. For a nation with such serious aspirations to a grander station, it's very hard to see 'Arry or Big Sam or whichever other modestly successful coach you care to name taking the national team to anywhere near the level at which England imagines itself.

The deep lying malaise in English football is more than even Capello can conquer though. In the unlikely event that they win anything during his tenure, it will be in spite of the current situation rather than because of it.

I agree. I don't understand why there are different rules for players and managers/coaches. I thought it was supposed to be all about people born and bred in a country representing that country. If we can have foreign managers, why not have foreign players? It's a bit embarrassing really, and reflects the sad state affairs in English football if there are no english managers considered good enough. If England win anything, then it wouldn't really be a victory for English football will it?

Of course it will. Capello's 61 years old. He's not playing. Any success England have will ultimately be down to the players on the field.

The deep lying malaise in English football is more than even Capello can conquer though. In the unlikely event that they win anything during his tenure, it will be in spite of the current situation rather than because of it.

What exactly do you base that on?

I'm not a fan of having a foreign manager but I am embarrassed on a fairly regular basis by the England football team. I'm fed up with watching players go through the motions and play the kind of rubbish we frequently saw under McClaren and even under Sven. I want to be able to be happy to watch my country play and if that means a foreign manager for the time being then fair enough. If we improve and actually start to look like possible winners again, then that will presumably provide a lift for the whole of football in our country and will have a knock on effect. There will be time for new candidates to emerge and both players and managers to come forward who at the moment are not even being thought of. Anything that gets us out of this losing streak and losing mentality that seems to be affecting our national team at the moment. Cricket uses foreign coaches as and when it needs to and with odd exceptions nobody really complains.

The kit supplier has nothing to do how the team performs on the pitch. Some people would say that the manager is the most important part of the team. They always seem to be the first one to go when teams are not doing well, so people must think they have some influence on what goes on on the pitch. no?

The manager is not part of the team. As far as I know, he wouldn't receive a medal if we won anything.

If we were to start recruiting foreign players then I would be concerned.

And let's face it, most of teh English candidates were cr*p.

No top team has teh nuts top recruit an English manager, until that happens we're shafted.

Archived