SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Marketing.

Alan75

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

I expect it will be a sell-out either way. Last couple of years anyone who wanted one in the United end got one and theydidn't even sell out one of the last couple, only by handful granted. This time round it's heavily oversubscribed and I have had several requests for help/advice on getting tickets. Watch on tv has been my advice but seeing as i've watched us in their ends I can hardly take moral high ground and fully expect a fair few in our ends this time round.

Lets hope it is not a repeat of the Man City game a few years ago when they got promoted. I was fuming with the City fans and Rovers stewards for their behaviour! I actually decked one of them (city) for knocking a little kid (4 or 5) over two rows of seats when they went 2-1 up and they didnt even care. I was thoroughly thanked by everyone sat around me!

I bet the attendence is only just over 30,000 despite our official capacity being 31,367

You look at arsenal and man utd and when they sell out they are a couple of hundred at the most from official attendence....

I suggested something similar on the Official Board, all I got was "I don't have a scarf....."

I give up.

However, as usual, I will be waving my lone Rovers flag from my seat near the bench (tho as Miss R has an interview in Chester may not make it :( )

I have gone on and on about the free scarves with season tickets idea for ages now, even directly to John Williams. It is frustrating that they dont see it as a good idea as it would cost little but improve the atmosphere and visuals at the game a lot to have 10,000 blue and white scarves being waved.

It is even more annoying as at the same time I also directly suggested the "Walkerfame" idea, (although I am sure the club would deny it), and lo and behold, within a few weeks of me doing so the marketing for that scheme began. I dont want any payment for subsidising our frustrating marketing department but I would like a free scarf with my season ticket!

I have gone on and on about the free scarves with season tickets idea for ages now, even directly to John Williams. It is frustrating that they dont see it as a good idea as it would cost little but improve the atmosphere and visuals at the game a lot to have 10,000 blue and white scarves being waved.

It is even more annoying as at the same time I also directly suggested the "Walkerfame" idea, (although I am sure the club would deny it), and lo and behold, within a few weeks of me doing so the marketing for that scheme began. I dont want any payment for subsidising our frustrating marketing department but I would like a free scarf with my season ticket!

Could only be a good thing for this to happen... you never know Rovers may surprise us :unsure:

Archived