BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup Magic

Oh go on then, let's stop being all stuffy and Premiership snobs.

Don't want any of this romantic nonsense at Ewood today but lets have plenty everywhere else this week-end with what is the best draw for interesting ties for three years in the third round.

Just read that Chasetown, a mere four promotions away from playing Accy in the fourth division, are the lowest ranked team to have appeared in the third round ever. So there's one for the pub quiz.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interested to read this morning that only 42 clubs have won the cup. Coventry where the 41st club of the 42 to win it with their victory in 1987. So who would be the 42nd club to win the cup? - I do know the answer.

yes dunnfc, i totally agree. it is a terrible and totally selfish thing from the board of liverpool and i really feel for the luton town club. people's livelyhoods are at stake here and liverpool are quibbling about an amount of money that they couldn't do anything with anyway. this is so bad for football!!

What all this about Liverpool? What has happened?

*EDIT* Found it. The ground only holds just over 10,000 and the money is split 3 ways so it wont be much to Liverpool where as to Luton it could be a lifeline... Tight scouse ***** :angry2:

I hope you get a draw Luton... my girlfriend supports them and she certainly hopes so too.

What all this about Liverpool? What has happened?

Luton are in administration, their players have been paid once in the last three months. They asked Liverpool to donate their share of the gate receipts to Luton.

Interesting to note the Luton first team squad includes players on £175 a week up to £7000 pw.

I myself am from Luton and of course I have a place in my heart for Luton and like to see them do well unless its against us!

But i thought it was abit of a cheek from Luton asking for the money, especially with the board as corrupt as it is! Behind the scenes at that club is so dodgy i'd hate to see where the money would go!

Sadly in my opinion only the fans care about the magic of the cup.

Yesterdays results didn’t reflect highly the attitude of Premiership clubs to the FA Cup.

Sorry Alan, but I don't think Hughes should be lumped with the others for not taking the cup seriously and making 'wholesale changes'. He's won the cup four times and cares passionately for it. Your overview is as much of an insult to him as the Arsenal Baby crying about him not worthy of being a Barcelona player.

The starting line up featured 7 regular first teamers; 1 who is seen as immediate back-up and has featured in a couple of games recently; and 1 player who many fans have been saying should be given a run out. Only Berner and Rigters were ones who could have been seen as not worthy, and even the former is a full international!

It's this potentially pretty decent Premiership line up that made the defeat more galling.

Having said that, before the game, we were talking about disrespect from Kitson and that is totally out of order.

Hughes may have a cup history and may be passionate about the cup, however, the cup is the clubs only route to silverware and baring any collapse premiership status is assured for another season. The strongest team should have been played, he could have rested players and blooded other players during league games.

Archived