BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup Magic

A great performance by Luton, and a fully deserved replay at Anfield (financially keeping the lawyers away from the door for a while longer).

Sadly not so, Five Live reported today Luton have till 5.00pm today to find a buyer.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I really do want to cry having seen the 4th round draw! Coventry play Walsall or Millwall at home. Man U v Spurs or Reading and lots of all non-Premiership ties meaning the 5th round would probably be OK as well.

Feeling very angry about the players not trying on Saturday now.

Burnley were great earlier,

C'mon Stoke ! Bye Bye boss-nass-thumb.jpg

I wouldn't go that far, I thought Arse were ###### poor and invited the clarrots to have a go. Only a few examples of Arsenals passing game. They really won it at a canter while Burnleh huffed and puffed. What a quiet place Turf Moor has become.

Now Stoke and Newcastle was good, atmosphere there was excellent.

I wouldn't go that far, I thought Arse were ###### poor and invited the clarrots to have a go. Only a few examples of Arsenals passing game. They really won it at a canter while Burnleh huffed and puffed. What a quiet place Turf Moor has become.

Stoke playes their hearts out that has to be said.

I certainly did not notice any lack of atmosphere at Turf Moor. The dingles were giving it all they got and I only heard a response from the Arse supporters twice in the entire match. By that I mean prolonged singing not roaring or cheering at various events as they happened. Both lots did that and there was no real way to differentiate.

Blue Square South side Havant & Waterlooville have beaten third division leaders Swansea 4-2 and got themselves a trip to Anfield.

A repeat of their opponents hitting the woodwork three times and having a penalty saved and who knows what they might do to Liverpool?

Hereford knocked out Tranmere 1-0- Ricky?

Great to see Havant through to a tie at Anfield.

A victory over Rafa's Liverpool there would surely be the sweetest result ever in Cup history.

I'd luv it JUST LUV IT if they could do it. :tu:

Elsewhere also warms the cockles of the heart to see some things never change: i.e Lucash getting skinned by Petrov for the only goal in Citeh's somewhat fortuitous victory over the 'Ammers.

"Lucky Sven" still possesses a slight jamminess factor on the evidence of tonight's game.

Is the Liverpool v Havant game on TV?

The FA Cup is about giant killing and the fact that anything can happen, so why the hell did BBC put on an all Premiership tie (where the teams play each other twice a year anyway!).

I believe not, according to the fixs list anyway. Would do me some favours if they moved it to sunday for tv. As i said i'd take the missus up to anfield but now the villa game is the same day.

Is the Liverpool v Havant game on TV?

The FA Cup is about giant killing and the fact that anything can happen, so why the hell did BBC put on an all Premiership tie (where the teams play each other twice a year anyway!).

Indeed. I've just watched the City v WHU replay and my overiding impression was that neither set of players was particularly bothered whether they won or lost. This appears to have been the case in most of the ties that saw the 3rd round demise of 8 or so Prem teams. I can only assume that their is little financial reimbursment for progressing in the competition.

I see King Kev drew 35,000 to St James's Park, 6,000 of whom were Stoke supporters.

Sky and the BBC couldn't stop ranting about it being a sell out, impossible to get a ticket, world cup atmosphere, etc etc etc.

Lineker looked especially daft introducing the half time highlights - the words "sell out crowd" were followed by pictures of vast swathes of empty grey seats!

Havant & W are set to rake in approx £1 million for their visit to Anfield.

That will easily help the club run for 3 or 4 years to come on that money alone.

It's crazy thinking about them playing Liverpool. Not long ago, I saw them play Eastleigh with only 600 odd people there. Now they are going to be playing in front of 40,000 against one of the best clubs in the history of the game.

This is why the FA Cup is so wonderful.

Archived