BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup Magic

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today I have had the pleasure of listening to the radio build up of the Semi Final between cardiff and barnsley as well as now watching it via the tv build up.

I can honestly say that this is the best build up (since Rovers last semi appearance) in many a year. Watching the hordes of fans from both teams has been great and it has been far and away much better than the usual dross of Chelsea or manure fans or indeed liverpoo and arsenal fans.

Well done to ALL 4 sets of supporters for making the semis feel real again.

Having watched the semis this weekend, I couldnt help yet again thinking how much of a disgrace our exit was. 4 teams in the semi finals, 3 of which we are a far far superior team to. Whilst I am pleased it is not the usual Man Utd/Chelsea procession, the way it has worked out only makes it harder to take that we're not there.

Having watched the semis this weekend, I couldnt help yet again thinking how much of a disgrace our exit was. 4 teams in the semi finals, 3 of which we are a far far superior team to.

18 other Premier League teams can say that.

Chelsea lost away by the odd goal.

Liverpool lost at home to a late goal.

I accept that both would have been embarassing, but nothing like on the scale of a 4-1 demolition at home.

Agreed. I like to follow our cup runs as I find those games more exciting with there being more to play for on the day and them being the only competitions we have a remote chance of winning.

I'll give Hughes the benefit of the doubt because he has such a superb cup record as Rovers manager, but that defeat at home to Coventry was little short of a disgrace. Our early exit from the cups has made this our most boring season in a long time and I just haven't had the same motivation to attend matches.

Portsmouth vs Cardiff final?

I will not be bothering to tune in!

I think many will disagree with you.

After such classics are Man U v Arsenal in 2005 and Chelsea v Man U last year I certainly will.

This has been the most interesting FA Cup in a long time. Would not have bothered watching if was just the same old suspects.

Portsmouth vs Cardiff final?

I will not be bothering to tune in!

Wooooh there matey! I watched last year's final and fell asleep at the total negativity of The Red Scum 0 - 1 Chelski.

One goal in the second half of extra time, by the two richest clubs in the country. It was a bore and I really couldn't care less which team won.

Which is not really to answer your comment, for which I apologise.

Portsmouth & Cardiff have now got the biggest game of their lives coming up. They both know that they will never ever have a chance to do this again. I'm really looking forward to it. Both sides should be really fired up for it, there will be committed fans from both teams, lot less corporate prawn sandwich brigade, and if we're really lucky there will be a riot and the NEW Wembley (sponsored by McCola burgers in association with HSBC, Coors, Ford, Sky & Hollands Pies) will be wrecked by the losing team.

Next year it will be Arsenal v Chelsea. Fat Frank will score a deflected goal in the tenth minute and they will defend like they want to get their win bonus of £250k for the next 80 minutes. Another Ferrari. Whooopeeeee!

This game has got real potential to be a good one,

I haven't bothered watching a final for years.

The problem is, I don't want either team to win. My mate got lamped once by a Pompey fan for no good reason, and cardiff ... well, can't have a bunch of taffs bloody winning it, can we?

Bet it's well in keeping with recent finals. Along with Motson droning on.

Anything is better than The Skates winning the final.

I'll be cheering for Encks in the final.

Come on Cardiff!

Let's hope next years competition will be equally as thrilling as this years. I can't stand the top 4 in the semi-finals. It's too boring. This years competition has re-ignited the FA Cup and to be fair to teams like us and the other premier league clubs, it serves us right for fielding a weak team against a lower league club.

Teams like Havant & Waterlooville making their mark at Anfield and the 3 non-prem clubs in the FA Cup Semi Final just shows that anything is possible in the greatest domestic cup competition in the world.

I personally think that this is one of the best things to happen to football in a long while, in fact probably since Rovers upse tthe apple cart and did Spurs at Cardiff.

The build up to the semis was great, real clubs with real die hard fans. What we saw this weekend was not top league flair football it was players FIGHTING to get to a cup final. We saw NO POSEURS, NO POSTERING and we saw EFFORT and heartbreak on a real scale.

I for one am looking forward to finals day, I have no interest in either team. I would imagine that Cardiff will take the spirit they have shown so far to Pompy's far superior skill and we will see a far better game than the likes of Chelsea/Arsenal and Manure could ever give us in an FA Cup Final.

Having watched the last 25 finals or so it will be much better and you will get a real sense of what its like being a true football fan.

Let em live the dream :rolleyes:

Now Cardiff will lodge an appeal against not being allowed the UEFA cup spot if they qualify - and the FA will no doubt roll over anyway....

I don't see why they shouldn't get the Uefa Cup spot if they win the cup. Uefa have already said they regard the Welsh clubs as being like an English club. Not only that but it's not as if they play in the Welsh Cup. If they beat Portsmouth then they deserve to take their place in Europe like any other club that entered the competition would.

Archived