BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Best Stand At Ewood?

I'm planning on going to the middlesboro game and it'll be my second visit to ewood, the first time was the man u carling cup semi final two years ago but they wouldn't let me in, something about not selling tickets after five. Anyway i'm just wondering which stand would be best to sit in to see the action. cheers

The Jack Walker gives a quiet view of the entire pitch. If you enjoy a good atmosphere and a behind the goal view then get in the blackburn end. However i don't think the tickets available for the blackburn end are in that good a position. Normally out on the edges and front rows.

Good View - Jack Walker Upper

Good atmosphere - Blackburn End Lower

Good atmosphere & banter with away fans - Rowdy Riverside (towards the Darwen End)

p.s....bring whiskey with you :tu:

Riverside plusses -

Better view than the B'Burn End

Better atmos than Jack Walker

Cheaper tickets?

Riverside minuses -

Worse view than Jack Walker (Not be much, though, assuming you don't end up behind a pillar - Say rows 22+ to be back far enough that they aren't too bad)

Worse atmos than B'Burn End (Not by much though, depending on where you're sat)

General - With reference to singing and atmosphere I've heard people on here criticise the away fans for being quiet when, in fact, they've been pretty vocal. if you sit near the Darwen End the away fans seem loud, when you sit near the B'Burn End the home fans seem loud. I should imagine that if you're in either End the other End won't seem that loud! Similarly, the Riverside can be pretty loud, but maybe the roofs keeping the sound in!

One other minus of the Riverside - if you're still watching the game at 90 mins - you'll probably be sat on your own.

Whenever I've sat in there I make it as awkward as I can to let people squeeze past me when they're leaving after 85 minutes!

I can sort of understand it if we're 4-0 down - but people do it during really close entertaining games.

One other minus of the Riverside - if you're still watching the game at 90 mins - you'll probably be sat on your own.

Whenever I've sat in there I make it as awkward as I can to let people squeeze past me when they're leaving after 85 minutes!

I can sort of understand it if we're 4-0 down - but people do it during really close entertaining games.

It's only a minority that do that, I think (Hope?) Usually still pretty packed near me in the 95th minute...

I don't understand it either. I never leave my seat until after the final whistle. The crowd's aren't big enough to worry about getting away from the ground, traffic etc so what's the rush?

Big design fault with the Riverside is the walkway at the front. Sure it looks bad on TV when all the anoraks are leaving * but the view and any hope of cultivating a pitch long intimidatory atmosophere is diminished by being so far away from the touchline.

Rumour has it that after the council had condemned the old Riverside that Jack Walker magnaminously told BRFC to take as much steel as they wanted for free for the new stand but as he was not officially connected to BRFC took no part in the design and build. Allegedly he went down to look at the finished article and blew a proverbial gasket when he saw the 'tiny' shed that in his opinion reflected the ambitions of the then board. Whether this lead to him coming in and taking over is open to conjecture but I'm of the opinion that it probably did.

*Simple solution that has never been adopted would be to leave the big gates shut until the final whistle so that 'fans' wanting to leave early could only do so through the exit at the back of the stand. Bottom line is that the rude bugggers who ignorantly obstruct others views by dawdling (and periodically stopping to watch any exciting action) along the aisles, down the steps and along the front before congregating at the bottom corners would be unable to do so.

Bottom line is that the rude bugggers who ignorantly obstruct others views by dawdling (and periodically stopping to watch any exciting action) along the aisles, down the steps and along the front before congregating at the bottom corners would be unable to do so.

Same problem in the JW. Some folk leave 7/8 minutes before the end. If we are getting stuffed (so most games recently!!!! :D ) there's a frigging queue on the steps and we can't see what's happening in the Darwen End half of the pitch. I don't think these people realise how rude they are being.

As an aside the three blokes who sit in front of us never come back after HT until about 20-25 minutes into the second half! Explain that if you can.

Same problem in the JW. Some folk leave 7/8 minutes before the end. If we are getting stuffed (so most games recently!!!! :D ) there's a frigging queue on the steps and we can't see what's happening in the Darwen End half of the pitch. I don't think these people realise how rude they are being.

As an aside the three blokes who sit in front of us never come back after HT until about 20-25 minutes into the second half! Explain that if you can.

I used to see a bloke who'd be having a pint until 15 mins into the game, leave 15 mins before half time to get another couple in and not return until 15 mins into the second half! He should have got a half price ticket!

:lol: That's true but a bit unfair to single out the Riverside. Plenty of folks near me (BBE lower) leave early, it's just (as nodrog said) not as obvious.

blackburn end lower, about row 16, seat 90, PERFECT! or some where near there, if youve got long legs forget it!!! lol

Your 4 rows in front of me! :blink: although I'm seat 91. Take it your very near orvil then!

It is a great view.

We're near enough the worst fans in the league in my opinion, we hardly sing, the away fans always outsing us. We hardly stand up at away games, we harldy stand up at home games. Look at the other clubs, whenever there's a big game there fans are always stood up behind the goal for example, The Kop, Stretford End etc.

We're near enough the worst fans in the league in my opinion, we hardly sing, the away fans always outsing us. We hardly stand up at away games, we harldy stand up at home games. Look at the other clubs, whenever there's a big game there fans are always stood up behind the goal for example, The Kop, Stretford End etc.

According to a survey we sing louder than man/u AND liverpool.

Bit of a shock that one.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/26102007/58/...oise-table.html

Here`s the table in full.

Archived