Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pubs

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackburn is crap

Darwen is crapper

I`d get the train to Manchester ;)

....If you do go out in Blackburn, i would avoid the town center.....full of morons & generally dead these days. The Fernhurst (opposite Ewood Park) sometimes has things going on. The Station Hotel at Cherrytree (1 to 2 miles) is always busy, serves good beer, has busty barmaids & a DJ on Friday nights. If you don`t fancy travelling far, The Brown Cow, The Moorgate & the White Bull on Livesey branch rd (500yds from Ewood) have entertainment on Friday nights. All 3 pubs are only yards apart.

It all depends what you want & what age-group you are, really ;)

Friday night is indeed dead in blackburn. the station at cherry tree would probably be best bet as at least you can have a walk over to the bee hive to break the evening up, both have late licences and are full of rovers fans. and the odd manc

Friday night is indeed dead in blackburn. the station at cherry tree would probably be best bet as at least you can have a walk over to the bee hive to break the evening up, both have late licences and are full of rovers fans. and the odd manc

Well thats mainly what we are after, a few pubs to get us going for the weekend. Have heard of some place called O'Neills or something in town, any good??

Well thats mainly what we are after, a few pubs to get us going for the weekend. Have heard of some place called O'Neills or something in town, any good??

O'Neills is absolutely dead on a Friday just like the rest of Blackburn town centre since the licensing laws were changed. For a good night take the train to Clitheroe** where there are lots of busy bars and take the last one back to Blackburn getting off at Wilpshire and drinking in the Bulls Head until 1.00am (Last orderrs 12 I think).

** if you are not arriving until 9ish then get an 8 seater taxi to take you as time will be at a premium. Still take the train back though as suggested. Be warned Friday in Blackburn is not good.

Drogs plan is good but if you're arriving at 9.00pm the travelling does eat into your drinking time!

If you're after busy decent pubs I'd get a taxi over to the Knowles Arms and then walk down to the Bulls Head.

If you don't mind slumming it then the Fernhurst followed by a walk up Livesey plan from Cletus is OK.

Either way I'd give town a miss unless you're desperate to see how quiet or rough it is.

We are five people arriving on friday 1st of february at about 9pm in Blackburn, we will stay at travelodge near the m65. Whats the place to go on a friday night in Blackburn? Are the pubs in Darwen any good?? Only boys arriving so nothing fancy is needed.

Hasta...If you don't mind slumming it then the Fernhurst followed by a walk up Livesey plan from Cletus is OK.

It is slumming it a bit, but probably the cheapest option....although i`d spend a few quid on a taxi & do the Station Hotel.

Anyone know why the Jubilee has closed? Not seen it open since before Christmas.

Just before Xmas there was some trouble in there which police described as the worse they had seen, so the landlady was ordered to close for a month, not sure if it will reopen

We are five people arriving on friday 1st of february at about 9pm in Blackburn, we will stay at travelodge near the m65. Whats the place to go on a friday night in Blackburn? Are the pubs in Darwen any good?? Only boys arriving so nothing fancy is needed.

The Hindle arms is very near to you, a rough around the edges village pub, pool table, friendly locals

To be honest with you mate Darwens probably a better night out on a Friday than Blackburn. There are some good pubs like the bridgewater, millstone and marigolds, Don't go to Roxy though, marigolds is open till late. Darwen used to have a bad reputation but thats changed now (except roxy.) You could always go Bolton also

To be honest with you mate Darwens probably a better night out on a Friday than Blackburn. There are some good pubs like the bridgewater, millstone and marigolds, Don't go to Roxy though, marigolds is open till late. Darwen used to have a bad reputation but thats changed now (except roxy.) You could always go Bolton also

Ok, then we have some options to select from. I prefer to go out in Darwen as its closer to the hotel, the other guys have time before the game on saturday to see some of the other pubs close to the ground.

Is Blackburn centre really that dead these days? I've not ventured there when I've been home lately. Makes sense really as I only go with my friends and if they're not interested I assume many more aren't.

If you're staying at the Travel Lodge and not getting there until 9 you may as well find the closest pub and stay there. It's a bit of a treck going over to Brownhill or anywhere else for that matter if you're after a good sesh.

Is Blackburn centre really that dead these days? I've not ventured there when I've been home lately. Makes sense really as I only go with my friends and if they're not interested I assume many more aren't.

If you're staying at the Travel Lodge and not getting there until 9 you may as well find the closest pub and stay there. It's a bit of a treck going over to Brownhill or anywhere else for that matter if you're after a good sesh.

That was my thinking also, a few pubs and then that marigold open til 2am is enough for us. More drinks per minut then going far away.

Ok, then we have some options to select from. I prefer to go out in Darwen as its closer to the hotel, the other guys have time before the game on saturday to see some of the other pubs close to the ground.

To be honest where your stopping is on the border of Blackburn and Darwen. It's not that much further to Livesey or even The Station as it is to Darwen.

Having worked there for years personally I'd avoid Darwen like the plague. :wacko:

The station has a late license on Fridays. The DJ bloke is a head steward at Ewood & lots of the locals are big Rovers fans. You`ll be made quite welcome.

Archived