BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pubs

That is by the mill hill station?

Turn left when you leave the station, walk up New Chapel St to the Spar then take the little diagonal path that veers right.

Does anyone know any good places for breakfast as its not included in our hotel??

The cafe opposite King Georges Hall used to be good when in my day (no guarantees though - I moved out in 1994!)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ewood Arms re-opened a while back...although i wouldn`t bother going in.

It`s a proper toilet, no pub clatter (pictures on walls etc) or curtains. There`s damp on the walls & the local pikeys frequent it. It should be re-named the Ewood Arse :unsure:

It is a grade A hovel. The only reason we sometimes go pre-game is because it's easy to get served if you go round the bar towards the back door . Also as they've not got sky or anything they often put the racing on!

Nicer since it was refitted. Took titch there on saturday morning as a treat after her riding lesson, the bacon used to as dry as witch's wotsit.

Rum do this as. Truth is that I've never eaten brekky there myself but my newly divorced mate used to drop his kids off at school before going to Asda to do his shopping and have breakfast. He said it was a good value breakfast but imo the main attraction was other schoolkids mums doing the same! ;)

Spoke to the DJ bloke in the Station tonight about the possibility of a visit next Friday from our friends mattjansen & co......

He said if you turn up at the Station Hotel, make yourself known to him & the landlord & you`ll be made very welcome. He said he`d even dig out some old Abba tracks, to make you feel at home ;)

Spoke to the DJ bloke in the Station tonight about the possibility of a visit next Friday from our friends mattjansen & co......

He said if you turn up at the Station Hotel, make yourself known to him & the landlord & you`ll be made very welcome. He said he`d even dig out some old Abba tracks, to make you feel at home ;)

Sounds cool, is it this place??

Shut down..... yet another casualty of 'modern times' on the Revidge run.

Is that the Dog Inn on Revidge? It`s the only pub i can think of being called the 'dogs'

yeah and especially as its near the big park and Alexandria Road.

I`m not over familiar with the area, i tend to stick to white parts of town ;)

Aaah The Station :closedeyes:

great place for coping off with married birds who are after decent sex. Best night for the tottie is Friday; good luck and tell us all how you got on with the Blackburn birds.

We will see how the the birds of Blackburn get on with the nice combination of Swedes plus alcohol.

<<<

QUOTE Thenodrog @ Jan 26 2008, 14:09 )

Is that the Dog Inn on Revidge? It`s the only pub i can think of being called the 'dogs' >>>

The Dog Inn on Revidge is open tonight ... it's in its centenary year so might nip in for a celebration pint.

Just need the Clog to reopen (suspect the Corporation Park is unlikely ever to sell ale again although it got a reprieve six months ago from becoming a madrassa) and the Revidge Run (through to Pleasington!) possibilities are back on

<<<

QUOTE Thenodrog @ Jan 26 2008, 14:09 )

Is that the Dog Inn on Revidge? It`s the only pub i can think of being called the 'dogs' >>>

The Dog Inn on Revidge is open tonight ... it's in its centenary year so might nip in for a celebration pint.

Just need the Clog to reopen (suspect the Corporation Park is unlikely ever to sell ale again although it got a reprieve six months ago from becoming a madrassa) and the Revidge Run (through to Pleasington!) possibilities are back on

I understand the Clog and Billycock is going to be the 3rd gastro restaurant run by the Northcote team.

mattjansen - did you and your mates get over? How did you get on?

We went to the station but only after some trouble with the ride from Liverpool, we arrived in Blackburn at about 11pm i think so not many drinks at that place. We then went in to some dodgy place in town that i dont recall the name off but that only lasted for 30 min as they were closing, we then took a walk to some place called liquid? as the snow was pouring down but they were also closing so it was two pizzas and a taxi back to get three hours off sleep before waking up at 7am. The whole hotel was quite good, made myself some coffee in the room and went down for a smoke and found a little shop, Mcdonalds and some breakfast place open in the hotel at 7am on a saturday!

We then took a walk down to Ewood and the great!? club shop and i didnt think it could be worse then last november but it actually had, shirts and some big hand thing was all that could relate to Rovers. It took some fifteen seconds to go through it all and i actually spent more time watching people womit on this trip the in the club shop. We then took the bus to postal order for the first off many pints that weekend, its quite nice to walk in to a pub in Blackburn with your shirt on and here the phrase "hide your colours mate"?! What? Well almost anything for a pint. Off to the bus and back down to Ewood and Fox and Hounds for the final three hours before the game, we met up with Ian(Rovers)&Ian(Everton), English and Irish living in Sweden, in there and it gets quite cheap to drink if you threaten to give Ian up if he dont buy us drinks. The game was ok but i have come to expekt a draw as it was game number twelve for me and draw number ten. Five straight draws now for me and it started with Everton at home last season and then Liverpool away before Reading at home in may, then Liverpool at home and now Everton at home again. Last season at least inlcuded goals.

Well better luck next time as we will be back in may for the last home game against Derby, was planning for the spurs at home but the girlfriend didnt like that idea.

Archived