BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

nicko

Exactly Bucky- odds on the story is a disruptive wind-up and nothing more.

We must have the highest proportion of clinical psychiatrists and psychics on this board of any group of football supporters. All this body language reading and looking into Bentley's mind!

I wouldn't claim to be an expert on body language but I would say over the past month Bentley's body lanaguge on the pitch has changed. I've said that a couple of times now. You can attribute this 'change' to a number of things, all of which would be educated guesses and no more...

But, it doesn't take a genius to work out he isn't completely happy. Whether that means he'll leave I don't know. But the David Bentley we have on the pitch at present is not the David Bentley we had in the early part of the season.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apart from anything else they couldn't even pay the wages he will be looking for...
Now that's an interesting statement.

Is that based on what he's (supposedly going to be) on here, or on a comparison with what he could get if he hung on for one of the big boys.

Am intrigued by the idea that we have more payroll clout than that lot.

Nicko can you shed any light on this??

Mark Hughes and Mark Bowen were at Espanyol v Atletico last night. Interesting when you consider what players he might be looking at, but, if you can read Spanish, then this article suggests the real reason he was there is that he's after a job in Spain?!

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicac...ticia_PK=507672

It is interesting to read now that Spuds have a major team rebuilding exercise that:

Bent went to Spuds on half the wages offered at WHam (fool!)

Modric and Woodgate were offered far more at Newcastle than they are being paid at Spuds

To be honest, Spuds accounts suggest that they are operating a fairly tight wages policy.

Elsewhere, Arsenal have lost Flamini and are now almost certain to lose Hleb- the latter an especially big blow. Whilst Liverpool have had to knock-back an offer from Inter for Gerard. So its not just little old Rovers that struggle to hang onto players- the Big 4 has its headaches as well.

The best news this morning is that it looks like Big Phil is about to reject Citeh.

His body language is one I'm always amazed by. How can you tell? And this "He's got too big for his boots". Says who? When my family have me him recently they've not noticed anything different about his manner.

I'm not the first to remark on a percieved negative body language from Bentley and you really dont need to be a physcologist to detect such a thing should it exist. The same thing has been said many times about the likes of Anelka, McCarthy and even Henri during his latter days with Arsenal. Bentley's showboating certainly narked Derby and neither the team or Bentley had done enough on the day to demeen his fellow pros in that way. Not "Billy Bigtime" behaviour per se but certainly symptomatic of that kind of attitude.

I like Bentley, he is a talent and a crowd pleaser but he's just got on my nerves a bit recently. There are murmurings about him wanting away and coupled with the above it seems as though he's trying to engineer something. I'll be delighted if he wants to stay but if he dosn't he can just p 1ss off for me. We've been there to many times before and it's very tiresome.

To be honest, Spuds accounts suggest that they are operating a fairly tight wages policy.
Certainly looking that way. All this talk of what happens when the bubble finally bursts - Well, with West Ham rumoured to be paying off contracts, and Spurs looking like they are restructuring (although Berbatov's sale will get them out of any trouble) maybe the soapy walls are already getting a bit thin.

Shaping up to be an intersting close season if you ask me.

News in local newspaper "O Jogo", report that Blackburn Rovers, SL Benfica, Racing Santander and Deportivo are interested in Omar Bravo.

He is 28, plays for Chivas and his contract ends in June. He is also a mexican international.

He was an amateur boxing fighter lol

Any truth on that, Nicko?

I'm not the first to remark on a percieved negative body language from Bentley and you really dont need to be a physcologist to detect such a thing should it exist. The same thing has been said many times about the likes of Anelka, McCarthy and even Henri during his latter days with Arsenal. Bentley's showboating certainly narked Derby and neither the team or Bentley had done enough on the day to demeen his fellow pros in that way. Not "Billy Bigtime" behaviour per se but certainly symptomatic of that kind of attitude.

I like Bentley, he is a talent and a crowd pleaser but he's just got on my nerves a bit recently. There are murmurings about him wanting away and coupled with the above it seems as though he's trying to engineer something. I'll be delighted if he wants to stay but if he dosn't he can just p 1ss off for me. We've been there to many times before and it's very tiresome.

I think some of his "behaviour" stems from the match in Paris where, despite Bents having played well in the previous international, Beckham got 70 mins ahead of him. It was obvious to the most casual observer after 10 mins that Beckham was not fit, and had lost any ability he had ever had to keep up with the pace of the game. By the time Bents got on he was so frustrated he almost got himself sent off. Since then he's seemed to feel he has to do too much in every game as though to prove himself, and obviously that leads him to be selfish when a simple pass would do etc.

Now that's an interesting statement.

Is that based on what he's (supposedly going to be) on here, or on a comparison with what he could get if he hung on for one of the big boys.

Am intrigued by the idea that we have more payroll clout than that lot.

From what I can gather the Rovers offer is excellent. Tottenham do not pay those kind of wages - in the £50,000-a-week range - unless under heavy pressure to do so.

I don't think Spurs are the threat here.

But I am getting a bit peeved by the delay over signing a new deal...and I suspect that the club are too. That is three months now...a long wait for a signature.

From what I can gather the Rovers offer is excellent. Tottenham do not pay those kind of wages - in the £50,000-a-week range - unless under heavy pressure to do so.

I don't think Spurs are the threat here.

But I am getting a bit peeved by the delay over signing a new deal...and I suspect that the club are too. That is three months now...a long wait for a signature.

Maybe he's waiting to see if we are in European competition next season first.

His body language is one I'm always amazed by. How can you tell? And this "He's got too big for his boots".

Surely if he's got too big for his boots, then his body language would reflect this?

A slight limp perhaps?

I think some of his "behaviour" stems from the match in Paris where, despite Bents having played well in the previous international, Beckham got 70 mins ahead of him. It was obvious to the most casual observer after 10 mins that Beckham was not fit, and had lost any ability he had ever had to keep up with the pace of the game. By the time Bents got on he was so frustrated he almost got himself sent off. Since then he's seemed to feel he has to do too much in every game as though to prove himself, and obviously that leads him to be selfish when a simple pass would do etc.

There could be some truth to this as I don't think he has looked the same player since that England game. He's been making assists which i can't argue about but i just have this feeling when looking at his body language that some spark has gone in him.

Not sure if its because of the Beckham thing, though he did look annoyed and quite frankly i would be as well.

Perhaps it could be Cappello? maybe he said something to Bentley on the lines off "you have a future for england but i would like to see you play in the champions league as it could really cement your place in the national team.". It wouldn't be the first time that a national manager has said something similar to a player.

Also here in the BBC Friday gossip

BENTLEY TO SPURS

There is also mention of us interested in a youngster at Walsall - Sean Geddes

Oh yeah Bents, that a huge step up, would show some true ambition. MOve to a club that, by the end of the season, could be 13 points below us.

Great point there, he was clearly narked when he came for England and rightly so after putting in a MoM performance in the previous game fo rhis country he had a right to be miffed at being pushed a side for golden balls.

Perhaps that was a watershed moment, maybe now he's thinking that as long as he is at Rovers his England chances will be limited compared to playing for a big club

Nicko - you not got any ideas on who we were scouting at the spanish match??

Would hazard a guess that it was Alberto Riera we were scouting. Has been on the fringes of the Spanish squad this year and is quite a handy player.

The same Alberto Riera that played for Man City??

Yes indeedy

He has come on a fair bit as a player since and scored on his Spain debut against Denmark as far as I can recall.

Assuming he is the player of course.

Archived