BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

nicko

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These pesky big news breaks have a bad habit of breaking late Saturday just in time for those Sunday rags don't they...

I've been working on this one for about a week and thought it would be better for the People than thrown away in the Mirror who are obsessed with title races and relegation fights.

It's a story that needs to be told in full.

So if there is anything missing in the morning I will fill in the gaps.

The breaking news is that Bentley,has signed for somebody.thats putting it on black and white.for who he has signed for,well could have signed a new contract with us,or he has signed for either Spurs,Liverpool,Chelsea or Atletico Madrid.Atletico,is just a random name im throwing in,to cause a bit of a frenzy.lol

I've been working on this one for about a week and thought it would be better for the People than thrown away in the Mirror who are obsessed with title races and relegation fights.

It's a story that needs to be told in full.

So if there is anything missing in the morning I will fill in the gaps.

I may be wrong but I have a feeling this could be good news.

Bentley signs new contract - not big news to the papers, may be buried away.

Bentley joins Liverpool/Spurs/Athletico = big news that I doubt would be 'thrown away'.

Also, Hughes has come out quite recently and said Bentley is going nowhere. Let's hope I'm right...

I hope it is a conclusion to the saga, whichever way it go's, it's a good time to get it sorted one way or another.

There is some quite big Bentley news about to break

I suspect it would be 'very big' news if an offer has been accepted or if he has singed a new deal.

My guess would be that he has told the club he wants to move on, but only a guess :wacko:

If Bentley is going anywhere then the only club where he imight be guaranteed first team football on a better and bigger stage than Rovers is Spurs. There is something that makes me think that Spurs fans wouldnt take to him because of his Arsenal link and in any case they appear to have some big irons in the fire in Europe. It is clear that Ramos likes his players from abroad so I think Bentley doesnt really fit that category.

The Liverpool option ? I cant really see him going there unless he is happy to warm the bench, unless Liverpool are going to pay £15m up front and/or maybe throw in a player such as Pennant + cash (and maybe Benayoun).

Arsenal/manure and Chelsea ? He wouldnt be a regular at any of these clubs and indeed I cant see Arsenal going back for a player they discarded.

Man City ? We all know that they will have a new manager come summer and with an interfering owner its not a football club its just a circus.

Newcastle/Villa ? Neither club can afford to splash £15m on one player although I accept that if Barry goes for £10m Villa might have the funds. But really, can Villa offer a better option than Rovers, especially with the likes of Young and Agbonlahor.

Everton ? Could never afford the fee on HP never mind pay it up front.

Portsmouth ? Forget it.

Boro and the rest ? Nobrainer.

As for the headlines in the media ? BENTLEY SIGNS NEW DEAL

I'd be gutted if Bentley went to Newcastle and I think he would be an idiot to go. Fair enough he'd be well paid but I can't see anything for them next year other than another year of upheavel and underachievement. I have been confident we would keep him because I'm not convinced that any of the big 4 would buy him at the moment and he'd be as well staying at Rovers in the short term if none of them are in for him. You never know though eh?

If Bentley is going anywhere then the only club where he imight be guaranteed first team football on a better and bigger stage than Rovers is Spurs. There is something that makes me think that Spurs fans wouldnt take to him because of his Arsenal link and in any case they appear to have some big irons in the fire in Europe. It is clear that Ramos likes his players from abroad so I think Bentley doesnt really fit that category.

The Liverpool option ? I cant really see him going there unless he is happy to warm the bench, unless Liverpool are going to pay £15m up front and/or maybe throw in a player such as Pennant + cash (and maybe Benayoun).

Arsenal/manure and Chelsea ? He wouldnt be a regular at any of these clubs and indeed I cant see Arsenal going back for a player they discarded.

Man City ? We all know that they will have a new manager come summer and with an interfering owner its not a football club its just a circus.

Newcastle/Villa ? Neither club can afford to splash £15m on one player although I accept that if Barry goes for £10m Villa might have the funds. But really, can Villa offer a better option than Rovers, especially with the likes of Young and Agbonlahor.

Portsmouth ? Forget it.

Spain?

Portsmouth ? Forget it.

Newcastle were prepared to pay that for Modric.

I really don't think Bentley would be on the bench at Liverpool, he's a far better play than Kuyt and Benayoun (both started in the CL semi final) in the 4-2-3-1 they play. He'd also make a very good understudy to Gerrard in the free role behind Torres, because they don't really have anyone else who can do that at the moment...I think he'd easily get 30-40 starts over the course of a season.

Apparently they prefer Wigan's Valencia though. Even if that fails, I'd expect Benitez to search Spain before bidding for Bentley.

I really don't think Bentley would be on the bench at Liverpool, he's a far better play than Kuyt and Benayoun (both started in the CL semi final) in the 4-2-3-1 they play. He'd also make a very good understudy to Gerrard in the free role behind Torres, because they don't really have anyone else who can do that at the moment...I think he'd easily get 30-40 starts over the course of a season.

Apparently they prefer Wigan's Valencia though. Even if that fails, I'd expect Benitez to search Spain before bidding for Bentley.

He won't play every game week in week out thats for sure and I can't see him getting 30-40 starts under rotation rafa.

Will every Rovers/football fan stop banging on about Bentley if he's staying or going!

Ok hes a very good player but hes not bigger than this club and hes not a bloody world beater, its not life or death if he goes and we'd get 15 million + if he went. Why so much of you care if he goes is beyond me because can you yourselves stop him from going? No, your just wasting your time worring if some guy uses Rovers as a stepping stone again. Bentley has 3 years on his current deal left and JOHN WILLIAMS AND MARK HUGHES will decide if he goes or not and lets face it we don't exactley need the money and the chairman decides who's leaving not the players so get a ###### grip people and stop worring if some overrated footballer leaves, just chill and support the Rovers tommorow and yes that includes Bents.

Now thats said and out the system, i wait to hear you lot moan.

Will every Rovers/football fan stop banging on about Bentley if he's staying or going!

Ok hes a very good player but hes not bigger than this club and hes not a bloody world beater, its not life or death if he goes and we'd get 15 million + if he went. Why so much of you care if he goes is beyond me because can you yourselves stop him from going? No, your just wasting your time worring if some guy uses Rovers as a stepping stone again. Bentley has 3 years on his current deal left and JOHN WILLIAMS AND MARK HUGHES will decide if he goes or not and lets face it we don't exactley need the money and the chairman decides who's leaving not the players so get a ###### grip people and stop worring if some overrated footballer leaves, just chill and support the Rovers tommorow and yes that includes Bents.

I care because i'm not sure there is anyone out there who could do a job as good as him for the right price or is willing to come to Blackburn Rovers. Remember Bentley is our key provider of assists, if he goes we have to replace him with someone who can do a similar job. Hughes might have someone in mind but noone stands out to me.

We have pretty much nothing else creative in midfield.

We do need the money if we decide to sell him so the transfer fee is important

Hughes might say different, but ultimately if Bentley decides he wants to go this summer he will probably go.

He's not a worldbeater but he's a key player for us.

I care because i'm not sure there is anyone out there who could do a job as good as him for the right price or is willing to come to Blackburn Rovers. Remember Bentley is our key provider of assists, if he goes we have to replace him with someone who can do a similar job. Hughes might have someone in mind but noone stands out to me.

Believe we said the same when Bellamy left, then we got McCarthy and Santa Cruz which the latter was mostly slated before he kicked a ball for us. I firmly believe if Bentley goes we'd be able to get a decent enough replacment, when has Hughes or his scouts let us down????

We have pretty much nothing else creative in midfield.

Are you sure only weve got Gamst and Vogel which seem to have enough about them to create some chances, we also would most likely buy a replacement who could get assists and create chances.

We do need the money if we decide to sell him so the transfer fee is important

Hughes might say different, but ultimately if Bentley decides he wants to go this summer he will probably go.

When does a football club bow down and kiss bum to one of their players, im sorry but he will stay if hes told to, Benni did.

Might be a key player for us but so could a replacement for him. But why worrie because you personally can't stop him from leaving can you?

Are you sure only weve got Gamst and Vogel which seem to have enough about them to create some chances, we also would most likely buy a replacement who could get assists and create chances.

When does a football club bow down and kiss bum to one of their players, im sorry but he will stay if hes told to, Benni did.

Might be a key player for us but so could a replacement for him. But why worrie because you personally can't stop him from leaving can you?

Gamst?! Have you actually been watching Rovers these last couple of years?

Vogel I've been very impressed by but he's not the chance-making sort of player, his role is quite different.

And buying a replacement is always a tricky business, a club like ours can't afford or attract a star player who would be guaranteed to produce the same quality that Bentley did so anything would always be a gamble. Of course Hughes' record in the transfer market is exemplary but its far from guaranteed we'll get someone nearly as good.

Benni staying really worked out well for us didn't it?! Instead of getting a good £6-7 million for him last summer, we ended up with a sub par player who sulked his way to a poor season this time round and who will probably never hit the heights he did with us in his first season. Surprisingly, unhappy players don't generally produce their best performances.

Why worry about anything football related when you can't control it personally?! It's part and parcel of being a football fan, that's why.

Gamst?! Have you actually been watching Rovers these last couple of years?

Vogel I've been very impressed by but he's not the chance-making sort of player, his role is quite different.

And buying a replacement is always a tricky business, a club like ours can't afford or attract a star player who would be guaranteed to produce the same quality that Bentley did so anything would always be a gamble. Of course Hughes' record in the transfer market is exemplary but its far from guaranteed we'll get someone nearly as good.

Benni staying really worked out well for us didn't it?! Instead of getting a good £6-7 million for him last summer, we ended up with a sub par player who sulked his way to a poor season this time round and who will probably never hit the heights he did with us in his first season. Surprisingly, unhappy players don't generally produce their best performances.

Why worry about anything football related when you can't control it personally?! It's part and parcel of being a football fan, that's why.

TGM:

Gamst does lay on allot of crosses of good quality to be fair and yes im a season ticket holder so i have been watching him and admittedly he was poor for the first 6 months this year.

Vogel seems to be the sort of player who can pick out a pass of the player who plays the ball over the top of the oppostitons defence or playing killer through balls.

If we don't get someone of Bents quality then so be it but i'd rather have a player who will wear the shirt with pride and play for us giving it his all then someone who cba playing for us. Also most likely the replacement wouldn't cost as much as we'd get for Bentley therefore allowing us to spend elsewhere on the team if need be.

Are you sure it's just because your a "footy fan" because i am too but yet il be honest i'm not too bothered if we see Bents this time next year, ive seen footballers use us in the past i.e Bellamy so ive come to the conclusion of well i can't make them stay or not so why should i worrie about it?

TGM i do see your points and your enthusiasum to Keep Bents is good to hear but are you that bothered because im pretty sure you go to support Rovers and not Bentley, and if hes not here next year you will still support Rovers won't you? I bet you say yes because no matter how big a player is we always love our club more.

you on the rag dunny old bean ??

Let the anger roll :rolleyes:

Just letting some steam come out after a hard week of work, i get annoyed when i see our fans crap themselves that a player is leaving because we can't do out about it can we? Rovers fans are just so passionate i guess.

But dosen't anyone get peeed of when muppets like Lawro,Lineker etc talk us down constantly and when we raise Bents its like yeah hes the next Beckham he should leave Rovers. Well why we are a big brilliant club who players should give their left testicle to play for.

Just annoys me to when people 6 months ago where saying Bentley should never play for England, Pennant is better than him, but who stuck up for him THE ROVERS FANS DID! and hes about to jump ship to the people who booed him.

Thats footy i guess you gotta hate it to love it.

I think he'd easily get 30-40 starts over the course of a season.

Even if that fails, I'd expect Benitez to search Spain before bidding for Bentley.

How many games did their best striker at the time in Craig Bellamy get? :rolleyes:

Also, I don't believe Benitez actually searches for players, more like offers over the odds for rubbish spanish based crap or under the odds for players mentioned by the media for the year prior :blink:

Archived