BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

You'd be screwed over here in Korea - you HAVE to cook the menu. you cook most things yourself in restaurants here.

I wonder if our home cooking expert Sparky Marky employs the same line of thought over drinking? Supermarket tinnies and wines are cheap as chips whilst pub prices can be horrific, but what sort of a Billy No-Mates wants to be drinking every night home alone?

No it's really odd isn't it? But they do still manage to continually defy gravity don't they? They must be dong something right I guess. :glare:

they all seem to have at least halve a dozen staff behind the counter as well, no way there making their money from selling cheap pizzas and kebabs!

I wonder if our home cooking expert Sparky Marky employs the same line of thought over drinking? Supermarket tinnies and wines are cheap as chips whilst pub prices can be horrific, but what sort of a Billy No-Mates wants to be drinking every night home alone?

I do not drink my friend. Nish, nothing, alcohol is not my thing.....

they all seem to have at least halve a dozen staff behind the counter as well, no way there making their money from selling cheap pizzas and kebabs!

You never tried a Chesters special in leyland.....??

Lets say that the pizza and kebabs are delivered with a special ingredient

Edited by Sparky Marky

Went to the Oyster & Otter today and have to say I really enjoyed it. Good food and nice friendly atmosphere, much better than I actually expected. The chablis went down a treat too!!

It's quality as many have said on here. BUT why did you go if you didn't expect it to be very good? Especially so given the choice in and around this area?

It's quality as many have said on here. BUT why did you go if you didn't expect it to be very good? Especially so given the choice in and around this area?

The missus really wanted to go, she's been on about it for ages. I still expected it to be decent I guess, would definitely go again anyway.

• Backroom

Had a quick meal at a place called the Hidden Gem on Church Street in Preston last night

Very good and they take taste card apart from on a Saturday which is good

Was in Newcastle last week, and by chance ended up at Akbars Indian restaurant. Originally in Bradford, they also now have restaurants in Leeds,York, Sheffield, Glasgow and Manchester too. (And Others)

I have to say, it was the best Indian meal I have had in memory, with ultra slick service, not too pushy but just there when you want them. Prices were very reasonable, but best of all was the quality of the food-as I said, the best I have had to be blunt.

Manchester branch is on Liverpool Road.

Novelty presentation of the family size naan bread was great-look at the size of this, for £4.25!!

600547_10151919616620898_1009303835_n.jp

They have those naans in EastZEast in Preston.

A strong gust of wind and our table would have sailed away!

Those "Elephants ears" have been legendary in the Khyber Cafe for decades. They don't hang them up though. Prob a very good idea cos their isn't much room left on a table once those things are on a plate in the middle.

We've been to Akbars several times and always found the food excellent. If you go as a couple then the chap leading you to your table has a load of rose petals in his pocket which he casts over the table just before you sit down. A nice touch I thought anyway.

We've been to Akbars several times and always found the food excellent. If you go as a couple then the chap leading you to your table has a load of rose petals in his pocket which he casts over the table just before you sit down. A nice touch I thought anyway.

Thanks for the tip off. I was thinking of going with a mate.......but I don't think I'll bother now. :tu:

Instead of poppadoms like?

Thanks for the tip off. I was thinking of going with a mate.......but I don't think I'll bother now. :tu:

Just got asked what I'm laughing at .. Pmsl I've had a vision ha

I first went there in 84 but haven't been in ten years. It was the pack horse then and did Italian food and was excellent. Keep saying ill try it again. Was owned by someone called Christine I think and she had another restaurant chorley way.