BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hang Em High

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with others that the Judge in the Watkins case was most likely grandstanding with that 29-35 year sentence, because of all the Savile stuff. It'll get reduced on appeal. You have to ask yourself why Baby P's murderer was only given 12 years for battering the kid to death, and god knows what else. Where's the consistency of the so-called justice system?

Celebrities are now being given tougher sentences. Possibly due to their influence on the general public, but yes it does seem to be as a result of the Yewtree stuff.

I'll bet it's not reduced to 12 years though.

• Backroom

I agree with others that the Judge in the Watkins case was most likely grandstanding with that 29-35 year sentence, because of all the Savile stuff. It'll get reduced on appeal. You have to ask yourself why Baby P's murderer was only given 12 years for battering the kid to death, and god knows what else. Where's the consistency of the so-called justice system?

Consistent and genuine whole-life sentences in shithole prisons is the only alternative to the death penalty for @#/? like them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-25461647

A man convicted of attacking and injuring a newborn baby in Aberdeen has avoided a jail sentence.

Nathan Allen, 21, was earlier convicted of assaulting the three-week-old girl.

The infant suffered a brain haemorrhage, a broken ankle and bruising in November last year.

At Aberdeen Sheriff Court, Allen was put on a three-year supervision order and ordered to carry out 280 hours of unpaid work in the community.

I understand where you are coming from Am'o but we shouldn't be talking about the sentence being reduced due to precedent - he got what I consider to be a reasonable sentence. We should be talking about the others getting similarly appropriate long ones. Baby P's "mother" I'd have thrown away the key.

I understand where you are coming from Am'o but we shouldn't be talking about the sentence being reduced due to precedent - he got what I consider to be a reasonable sentence. We should be talking about the others getting similarly appropriate long ones. Baby P's "mother" I'd have thrown away the key.

I was deliberately drawing light it to the lenient sentences handed to Baby P's murderers. Watkins' actions were no less depraved than theirs but he's given more than double the time? You even agreed with me that the judge was clearly influenced by the Savile scandal. Justice shouldn't be dispensed in such an arbitrary manner. What if Watkins had been a regular Joe Bloggs? Would he still have been made an example of or would he have only got 12 years?

I was listening to that interview while driving today. John Humphries should have done the the nation a favour and told him where to go.

He effectively did. He told him to go and live in a country governed by Sharia law. Apparently there isn't one.

He's a useful bogeyman for the tabloids, but supposedly more sensible institutions like the BBC shouldn't be giving idiots like him air time.

He's a useful bogeyman for the government. Divide & conquer, divide & conquer.

Divide who? Everyone that I know of whatever race or colour is united in the same opinion - that Anjem Choudry is a complete prick.

I think you should step away from the tin foil while your mum's still got enough left for the turkey.

Very cute. Choudary is quite clearly an agent provocateur who's only given airtime so he sow discord within society and prevent people from taking their frustrations out on the real culprits.

To be perfectly honest, I couldn't disagree with what Choudary said. Our forces are needlessly murdering civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan. He tried to open up a debate about that but the guy interviewing him was more interested in getting Choudary to condemn Rigby's killers, which he patently knows he won't do, and therefore stir up the hornet's nest again.

Guest Norbert

He's part of the Illuminati as well. Choudrey is nothing more than a jumped up little fool who wants to shout about 'evil western society' whilst enjoying the benefits such a society brings.He is the sort who blames every ill on non-Muslims and ignores all the sectarian murders, the routine torture and abuse and the misogyny that goes on in 'Muslim' countries.

He's part of the Illuminati as well. Choudrey is nothing more than a jumped up little fool who wants to shout about 'evil western society' whilst enjoying the benefits such a society brings.He is the sort who blames every ill on non-Muslims and ignores all the sectarian murders, the routine torture and abuse and the misogyny that goes on in 'Muslim' countries.

Nail on the head, Norbert.

To be perfectly honest, I couldn't disagree with what Choudary said. Our forces are needlessly murdering civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan. He tried to open up a debate about that but the guy interviewing him was more interested in getting Choudary to condemn Rigby's killers, which he patently knows he won't do, and therefore stir up the hornet's nest again.

Yeah..... Especially those carrying guns and laying roadside bombs.

It really is long past time that we stopped being apologist and drew a line in the sand in this country.... before we are no longer able to!

He's part of the Illuminati as well.

'tin foil hat/illuminati' jokes are the lowest common denominator and the sign of someone who cannot think past their own d*ck. In my humble opinion.

Why do you think the government & MSM constantly give Choudary a platform? For his fair and unbiased views? They KNOW he's going to portray Islam in a negative light. It gives groups like the EDL an excuse to stage their little demonstrations and causes the disenfranchised in society to stereotype all Muslims, because it's all part of the plan. It's the old "divide and conquer" strategy of playing one group off against another and exploiting the racial tensions which they themselves have engineered. The government would hate a truly 'United' Kingdom. There's no threat of a revolution when we're fighting each other.

Archived