BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hang Em High

Life isn't the same punishment at 71 as at 27 is it? How does that work in the strange mindsets of the anti-capital punsihment brigade I wonder?

Stop being patronising - my mindset is as valid as yours. Life is a concept prescribed by statute - a Judge has to set a tariff. He will take into account the Defendant's age, severity of the crime etc

A 27 year old sentenced to a tariff of 27 years can apply for parole at age 54, but probably won't get it. Likely to be an old man if and when released.

If an octogenarian who commits a horrible crime probably deserves to die in prison.

Simples.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Life isn't the same punishment at 71 as at 27 is it? How does that work in the strange mindsets of the anti-capital punsihment brigade I wonder?

One can turn it around as well, the Death Penalty isn't the same at 71 as at 27. Just bringing out a fact and I'm not really speaking from an anti-Capital Punishment viewpoint, just the issues.

I'll be brief on my verbage, I think the stats point towards most murders being committed by younger people.

It means he dies in gaol. To remind you here is the list of countries in the world which don't have "strange mindsets".

Mali or Angola ? Off you go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_of_capital_punishment_by_country

Wow, Jim certainly wants you out of the way Theno'

have you been texting when you shouldn't

No doubt there's no excuse for shooting someone but does anyone believe this didn't escalate and was purely down to texting?

'According to Pasco County police, Oulson "was using his cell phone. He was texting. He was making a lot of noise. This led to a verbal altercation, the verbal altercation escalated," Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco said.'

http://blog.al.com/wire/2014/01/retired_police_officer_charged.html

No doubt there's no excuse for shooting someone but does anyone believe this didn't escalate and was purely down to texting?

'According to Pasco County police, Oulson "was using his cell phone. He was texting. He was making a lot of noise. This led to a verbal altercation, the verbal altercation escalated," Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco said.'

http://blog.al.com/wire/2014/01/retired_police_officer_charged.html

At least he didn't shoot somebody who was completely innocent.

One can turn it around as well, the Death Penalty isn't the same at 71 as at 27.

It bloody well is. It's my 72nd birthday on Saturday and life is just a precious to me now as it was in my twenties.

It bloody well is. It's my 72nd birthday on Saturday and life is just a precious to me now as it was in my twenties.

How's the old ticker? I'd hate for my avatars to get the older chaps on here too overexcited.

How's the old ticker? I'd hate for my avatars to get the older chaps on here too overexcited.

Bloody 'ell, I'm not so sure about this even in kidding, saw the post earlier and earlier in the day I read about that former playboy playmate dying, yes, in the bathtub, partying: http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/17/playboy-playmate-cassandra-lynn-cocaine-suspected-death-coke/

And Hef is still going, I wouldn't say much for him either but anyway, it seems that a fate as with this girl above has happened to a few of them. Freedom of Speech, yes, but whatever, another tragedy.

• Moderation Lead

If you're celebrating in the Bay horse, I'll get you a pint!!

If you're celebrating in the Bay horse, I'll get you a pint!!

Don't go in the Bay on a Saturday it's too noisy. I like the guest ales and the Thwaites bitter in the Village (Con) Club. Thanks anyway.

Ticker's in good nick thanks it's the kidneys that are the problem.

• Moderation Lead

Don't go in the Bay on a Saturday it's too noisy. I like the guest ales and the Thwaites bitter in the Village (Con) Club. Thanks anyway.

Ticker's in good nick thanks it's the kidneys that are the problem.

Ah good man. Not been in the Village Club since the renaming,though it's only across the road!!

It's just an occupational hazard for these wannabee wags I'd have thought. Footballers are every working class girls target. Moths and flames I suggest. Inevitably some will get burned.

As for this...... "Scotland’s most senior prosecutors dropped a rape charge against the footballer, who denies the accusation, despite driving through changes to Scottish rape laws in 2009 meaning that any woman incapacitated through drink or drugs cannot consent to sex."

Kinell! Glad they didn't bring that bloody law in in my day! Accepting a drink off a bloke was frequently taken as virtual 'consent' in the glory years between the invention of the 'pill' and the invention of Aids. Dubbed the The Swinging 60's and the Sizzling 70's by the popular press. Hell! I rem a cherry b and cider cocktail being called a 'leg opener' around these parts! :tu:

btw is a bloke being under the influence of drink drugs not applicable as 'defence' too? Surely it must have relevence?

It's just an occupational hazard for these wannabee wags I'd have thought. Footballers are every working class girls target. Moths and flames I suggest. Inevitably some will get burned.

As for this...... "Scotlands most senior prosecutors dropped a rape charge against the footballer, who denies the accusation, despite driving through changes to Scottish rape laws in 2009 meaning that any woman incapacitated through drink or drugs cannot consent to sex."

Kinell! Glad they didn't bring that bloody law in in my day! Accepting a drink off a bloke was frequently taken as virtual 'consent' in the glory years between the invention of the 'pill' and the invention of Aids. Dubbed the The Swinging 60's and the Sizzling 70's by the popular press. Hell! I rem a cherry b and cider cocktail being called a 'leg opener' around these parts! :tu:

btw is a bloke being under the influence of drink drugs not applicable as 'defence' too? Surely it must have relevence?

Careful, those were the days of Savile, Hall and et al.

Different times, different morals? If so can the morals of 2014 be applied retrospectively?

I think more about the alleged groping and alleged no-questions-asked groupies, moreso than the sinister stuff from those two but it's still a question.

• 3 weeks later...

Someone defend this guy's rights then...

Anders Breivik, Jailed Norwegian Mass Murderer Says 'Give Me Better Video Games Or I'll Go On Hunger Strike'

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/02/15/anders-breivik-norway-jail-video-games_n_4793733.html

I would send the undertaker round to start measuring him and ask him what kind of wood he would like

Someone defend this guy's rights then...

Anders Breivik, Jailed Norwegian Mass Murderer Says 'Give Me Better Video Games Or I'll Go On Hunger Strike'

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/02/15/anders-breivik-norway-jail-video-games_n_4793733.html

I will. He has every right to choose to starve himself t death and I wouldn't give in to blackmail.

Archived