BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hang Em High

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Texas is the state that executes the most people though since 1976, what is the number? Around 500.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/number-executions-state-and-region-1976

One could argue maybe most people executed are minorities, blacks or Hispanics. It might not be that way now.

I can see the State executing someone who has done a grievous murder or murders.

But then, to let this kid walk, he was 16, still doesn't seem fair to me. He should have been incarcerated still for a long time if not for life.

Superb but why not just taser him ?

I was being sarcastic. They let the guy run up and down the street brandishing a f***ked off machete, during which he could've attacked anyone of the passers by. But credit to one of them for finally having the balls to take him down.

Would you have been the man to tackle that nutter if you had been there Amarillo? I must say I'd have been looking for a weapon of sorts before I'd have dived in.

If my job was to serve and protect, then yes. 10 policemen there and they let him walk past women & children before ONE of them decided to make the takedown, AFTER he dropped the blade.

• Backroom

Letting him off lightly is presumably the sign of the very 'civilised society' that Jim and DE crave so much. They will surely have found a kindred spirit in that US Judge.

No doubt Gordon. A top man by all accounts, should be brought over here to teach our judges a thing or two.

• Backroom

Gender unlikely to make much of a difference imo. Bribery and corruption happens universally.

FWIW, in case my sarcasm wasn't obvious, of course in this case the kid deserved imprisonment for his crime. But cash is king in the USA (and pretty much every other country, to be fair).

Ian Watkins has been sentenced to 35 years in prison. The two mothers received 14 and 17 year jail terms respectively. They should have got just as long as Watkins, imo.

Incidentally, it was 44 years ago today that the death penalty was abolished in Britain.

Ian Watkins has been sentenced to 35 years in prison. The two mothers received 14 and 17 year jail terms respectively. They should have got just as long as Watkins, imo.

Not relating to this case but I can never understand why women usually to get more lenient sentences than men.

I'd be very surprised if he survives in nick.

difficult to get at someone in segregation.

how can anyone be so @#/? up is beyond me. if they skinned him alive and threw him in the thames he would've got off lightly.

let's hope he dies in there, after many years of inmates making his life hell

• Backroom

The transcript for the judges sentencing is available online, though makes for some very distressing reading...

It made my blood boil

He is utter utter scum but they are as bad maybe worse for what they have done to their own children, 14 and 17 years is a joke

Archived