BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hang Em High

On another tack. If I gave a bollocking to every fool cyclist I see riding on the pavement I'd get punched out on a daily basis.

I was looking to cross a dual carriage way on my way home last night, I was walking down the footpath waiting for the traffic lights fifty yards away to change so I could cross the road. The lights change, traffic stops and I quickly step out into the road intending to cross. It's peeing down with rain and I've got my hood up. I'm solely looking for oncoming traffic. A couple of steps into the road and I'm nearly knocked down by a cyclist riding on the wrong side of the road against the traffic. He gave me a right mouthful as he rode away.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does seem to be becoming a common excuse, usually for hackers. But I can only take it on face value.

There's certainly no excuse for people punching folks in the street. Everyone gets so angry with each other - usually down to a perceived disrespect. No need to become violent.

Did you not read about that case in the papers the other day Al. I guy was remonstrating with a cyclist for riding on the pavement. The cyclist's pal punched the pedestrian so hard the guy fell over and banged his head on the ground. The poor guy died. The attacker, who had plenty of previous form got 4 years.

No I didn't read that and it just seemed strange in a thread about capital punishment. I see where you are coming from now.

Sorry, are you saying that the chap who died was in the wrong when politely enquired why someone found it necessary to ride on the pavement?

Is that directed at me? If so, no, quite the opposite in fact.

• 1 month later...

Just reading about Milly Dowler's killer being attacked in prison and getting £4500 compo .

It makes you sick !!

Cue the sites do gooders brigade saying he deserves it .

Give the money to the lags that did it and ask them to do it again. Alternatively £4.5K to the first one that cuts his throat.

Just reading about Milly Dowler's killer being attacked in prison and getting £4500 compo .

It makes you sick !!

Who are the 'do gooders' you have referred to on more than one occasion? You're not normally backwards in coming forwards, why not name names? Who, in your opinion, would defend this waste of skin getting compo?

Don't need to name names. Theres a couple who pop up now and againdefending the murderers. One is on a ban as well.

compo ? he should just hang...simple.

Weird isn't it? Get rid of one and another takes their place.

It makes you sick !!

I object to hanging people but that doesn't mean I'd support his claim to compensation. Ridiculous for him to benefit in any way from his crime. Still doesn't mean I have to agree they should hang him. Being anti hanging doesn't mean being soft on crime or criminals

I hear you loud n clear but anyone who kills children should have their life removed. Compo,PS3/4 ,pool,free roof and bed is disgusting.If they dont hang they should be boot camped 24\7 and if they dont comply locked in solitartary with just a bed and no windows/light switched on 24/7 forever.

• Backroom

I wouldn't say I'm a do gooder but I oppose the death penalty personally

Compo whilst in prison is another matter mind, in theory hypnotics point is a good one but in practice in cases like this its hard to swallow

I get that Tom but laws are relative while justice is not. It is important to respect the theory of justice, no matter how repugnant it seems to us. In ancient Greece it was considered acceptable to have a young (under 18) male lover. It was considered unacceptable to free a slave. These days we know better and the reverse is true. Perhaps in ancient Athens people imprisoned for freeing slaves were subject to attacks from the moral majority? Everyone would agree that would be disgusting - because we know that justice would not have been upheld. Only the state should have the right to punish transgressors because we all have a stake in the state and a say in how justice is administered (however tenuous it might seem).

I'd want justice to be done ABBEY. Thank god I don't know how I'd feel if someone close to me was put through such an ordeal; I imagine that if it did happen to someone I love I'd want to punish the evil sod myself. But thankfully the decision would not be in my hands and I would have to trust to the justice system to mete out the punishment. In the same way if I did something bad to someone I wouldn't want them to carry out the judgement and punishment personally. That's biblical justice and outdated.

No Scouser nobody supports rewarding child murderers with money. I think you must have misunderstood my post but I can't see how I can make it any simpler. If you rephrased your question like so it might make more sense

So you support the award of four and a half thousand pounds for a prisoner attacked while under custody ?

Leaving aside the question of whether a monster like Bellfield will ever get a chance to spend this money and therefore how sensible it was to award damages he has to be protected while under care. It is a pretty cheap shot to try to twist what I said so that it looks like I am supporting child murderers but I hope you can see what I am getting at here?

Archived