BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SAS,you still alive?lol anyway again if the new owners are just in it to make an extra buck on the sideline,then they should stay away.I see Fulham is up for Sale...so Fayed reckons to hell with Fulham now,im moving on because they might be going down again.Its those kinda owners that im not to keen on seeing at Rovers.Its no use buying us,and when we struggling they want to take their money and go,we need somebody who will be patient and enjoy the good times,but should also realise that there will be times,when things are not going too well.

SAS,you still alive?lol anyway again if the new owners are just in it to make an extra buck on the sideline,then they should stay away.I see Fulham is up for Sale...so Fayed reckons to hell with Fulham now,im moving on because they might be going down again.Its those kinda owners that im not to keen on seeing at Rovers.Its no use buying us,and when we struggling they want to take their money and go,we need somebody who will be patient and enjoy the good times,but should also realise that there will be times,when things are not going too well.

Ask a Fulham fan whether they would rather be down in the nowhere lands of English football or experienced what they have over the past few seasons? Even if he leaves them when they go down his impact on that club will have been hugely positive.

At least the JJB crap is far better than the tat sold by sportsoccer :wacko:

To be fair, I've picked up some decent stuff from them over the years. In the big stores you can get nike, addidas etc stuff cheaper than at JJB and when every penny counts I'm not turning up my nose at it!

Although I'm not happy with the range of Rovers merchandise except the excellent kit and training gear; I've also picked up a few bargains from the shop at Ewood.

Eddie u reckon that a Fulham fan wil be happy playing in the lower leagues,for the next 10 years.so what u saying is that its okay if ur owner deserts u,because he doesnt want anything to do with a league other than the premier league?as a fan,if you get relegated and ur owner jumps ship u should be happy and remember the good times.it smacks of total madness when u playing in the lower leagues,and keeping yourself happy,by remembering the good old days.i wonder if the fans of wolves are stil remembering the good old days.

Eddie u reckon that a Fulham fan wil be happy playing in the lower leagues,for the next 10 years.so what u saying is that its okay if ur owner deserts u,because he doesnt want anything to do with a league other than the premier league?as a fan,if you get relegated and ur owner jumps ship u should be happy and remember the good times.it smacks of total madness when u playing in the lower leagues,and keeping yourself happy,by remembering the good old days.i wonder if the fans of wolves are stil remembering the good old days.

Old Mo Fayed took Fulham from the bottom division to the top, spent a fortune along the way and backed his managers - even if eventually his choice of boss was the main problem.

If he decides to sell no-one can blame him and no Fulham fan or anyone else could hold it against him.

Fulham has never had a better time in its history and were borderline bankrupt when he stepped in, so give him the credit he deserves and the freedom to sell if he wants.

Im not questioning Fayeds achievements in taking Fulham,from the lower reaches to the top flight.what i am saying is that Eddie thinks the fans should remember the good times,to make up for the fact that they going down.wel they not down yet,but u have to be realistic and if u believe that a fan should be happy with past achievements to make up for failure and disappointment,then there is seriously sumthing wrong.my apologies if im not making much sense here.or if i misunderstood what Eddie was trying to say.

nicko according to Private eye Fayed's been creaming money out of Fulham FC to prop up the rest of his financially shaky empire

I can't see how he would make money out of football in the first place, never mind creaming it off, especially after all of the spending he has done lately.

Private Eye is full of crap, they write stuff that is libellous at times because they know there is no point in anyone suing them.

It is also written by toffs and smart asses. It lost all relevance a long time ago.

Well it's simple really. Would you rather have your club:

A) get promoted a couple of times, have a spell in the premiership and a brief one in Europe and then go down a division (where you would still be higher than where you started).

or

B) simply stay in the lower regions of English football.

I thought the money he pumped in to Fulham, were down as loans from him to the club.

Are they not something like £90m in debt?

Fayed has been approached by bidders before and it is impossible to get a figure out of him. He is a bit eccentric.

Mind you, with his dough, I don't suppose he is too bothered what we think about him.

Private Eye is full of crap, they write stuff that is libellous at times because they know there is no point in anyone suing them.

It is also written by toffs and smart asses. It lost all relevance a long time ago.

Its funny the press hate them, what with them mentioning stories about the press that dont get mentioned in the papers. Any one would think fleet street wont print that kind of stuff in fear of a tit for tat escalation.

And if I remember rightly people stoped suing them when Private Eye kept on winning.

Its not a bad thing to have something which endeavours to keep politicians, journalists and business men honest.

Its funny the press hate them, what with them mentioning stories about the press that dont get mentioned in the papers. Any one would think fleet street wont print that kind of stuff in fear of a tit for tat escalation.

And if I remember rightly people stoped suing them when Private Eye kept on winning.

Its not a bad thing to have something which endeavours to keep politicians, journalists and business men honest.

Yes, but it doesn't. It's shabby journalism most of the times. No attempts made to check anything. Much of it is petty score-settling among reporters anyway.

Well it's simple really. Would you rather have your club:

A) get promoted a couple of times, have a spell in the premiership and a brief one in Europe and then go down a division (where you would still be higher than where you started).

or

B) simply stay in the lower regions of English football.

Hmmm glad you think it's simple Eddie. Now apply a timescale of around 25 years and apply your way of thinking to us............

Archived