BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover Thread

QUOTE(bob fleming @ Apr 25 2008, 23:48 )

Oh come along now nicko! Just because he's a Scot . Our incumbent Welsh chap has to my mind achieved more in keeping us up and making us a top 10 team for the last three seasons than Graeme ever did. Nicko: "COMING OUT OF A COMA, ONE PROMOTION, ONE TROPHY, TWO QUALIFICATIONS FOR EUROPE...YUP, TOTAL FAILURE... "

Promotion. Granted, he did brilliantly for us - used the gems that were David Dunn, Damien Duff and Matt Jansen very well indeed. The trophy was fantastic as well. He made some great signings (Tugay and Friedel obviously spring to mind, but that was offset by buying some right crap on long term deals) BUT apart from that what have the Romans ever done for us?

I just consider Hughes' achievements of keeping us up with the shambles of a squad that he inherited, the cup semi finals, Europe, the overall better quality of players brought in, and with far less money, a far greater achievement. A trophy would be great, maybe lady luck will be with us next season?

BTW Souness wasn't in a coma. That was Matt Jansen so you can't give him any credit for that.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bob - what have Dunn, Duff and Jansen done post-Souness? Duff had one good season for Chelsea, and that's all. Some might argue that they were gems because of his management.

The Sunday People should make interesting reading tomorrow - with regards to the boss and the takeover possibility... ;)

By the way, nice of the LET to admit there is something in the Chris Ronnie potential takeover.

Six days later.

Oooooh, cryptic once again!!

Interesting in a good or bad way? I know it's only a few hours to wait but you've baited the hook now...

Hopefully positive.

But talk is cheap...and takeovers take money.

More's the pity... I'd like to take over Rovers too, but could only realistically offer about £5.68, an apple and a conker.

I can only hope they're offering up something more appealing to the trusties than me!!!

More's the pity... I'd like to take over Rovers too, but could only realistically offer about £5.68, an apple and a conker.

We should join forces and start a consortium for the sole purpose of taking over Rovers. I've got tuppence burning a whole in my pocket, plus the first pressing of the cult black metal record "Dark Medieval Times" by Satyricon - this will fetch a couple of shillings on the eBay :rover:

hi all,

I had to get involved in this somewhat heated debate first off am sure Rothschild are doing their jobs and will make sure they find out everything about the people behind the takeover and as such before due dilligence is given both parties have to be happy hence why it takes long and from what Nicko says there are positives from the latest round of talks then again I can't understand why some people have doubts about a takeover at the end ofthe day 10m will not even scratch the surface at the end of the day we have one of the smallest squads in the prem and as the walkers trustees are not backing even with the 3m it suggests they want rid but only to a right and proper person and at the end of the day 3m is also nowhere near enoughand as the current trend is that clubs in and around us are being taken over eventually we will not be able to compete as Sparky say's he can pull rabbits out of the hat long term but I do think patience is the key and things will work themselves out I also feel if we had been taken over before the season we would now be challenging for champs. Lge. footy shame with players like Sidwell,Huddlestone & a few others we would be higher up but anyway providing we get a takeover soon next season am sure we will be challenging for champs lge footy

laters all.

LOL you make me laugh!

You put apostraphes on your "can't" and put full stops on your chp.lge. summary ..... but you pretend to have no other knowledge of punctuation! Who you trying to fool with your "street talk"? What's your real agenda?

What’s with all the spelling and punctuation Nazi’s that have suddenly shown up? Do we have a lot of people who are teachers in their real life profession or something?

Going back to the takeover it’s certainly interesting that Asian businessmen may be possibly involved. I remember reading on one of the match preview threads a poster that said they saw Asian businessmen at Jack Walkers personal suite over the tunnel against Wigan:

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=595070

hi all

damage wrote:

LOL you make me laugh!

You put apostraphes on your "can't" and put full stops on your chp.lge. summary ..... but you pretend to have no other knowledge of punctuation! Who you trying to fool with your "street talk"? What's your real agenda?

Hughesy Posted Today, 00:27

first off I have no real agenda but I do know when you abbreviate certain apostrophies and full stops have to be inserted that much I do know and have a very basic knowledge of from that end but the more difficult aspects of English e.g. writing a long letter I really struggle with as stated earlier I did fail english 3 times and after that I just gave up and am not trying to fool anyone with street talk

laters all.

Nicko's piece in todays People is saying that Chris Ronnie sees Hughes as an integral part of the team at Ewood and, should he take over, wants to gve Sparky a place on the board.

No link to the story on the People website that I can see.

What’s with all the spelling and punctuation Nazi’s that have suddenly shown up? Do we have a lot of people who are teachers in their real life profession or something?

Going back to the takeover it’s certainly interesting that Asian businessmen may be possibly involved. I remember reading on one of the match preview threads a poster that said they saw Asian businessmen at Jack Walkers personal suite over the tunnel against Wigan:

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=595070

I agree RVR, it really comes across as petty and childish.

I don't care if it's a 5 year old Vietnamese boy writing in a bizarre form of pidgin English, or a Cambridge English lecturer writing on here, what difference does it make??

Are their views any less valid??

The guy clearer made his excuses before making his point, so I don't think he deserved the abuse.

I bet he can't wait to post on here again after being made to feel so welcome... and to think we're all supposed to be fans of the same club?!?!

Nicko's piece in todays People is saying that Chris Ronnie sees Hughes as an integral part of the team at Ewood and, should he take over, wants to gve Sparky a place on the board.

No link to the story on the People website that I can see.

Always nice to hear we have a reader... ;)

hi all

damage wrote:

LOL you make me laugh!

Hughesy Posted Today, 00:27

first off I have no real agenda but I do know when you abbreviate certain apostrophies and full stops have to be inserted that much I do know and have a very basic knowledge of from that end but the more difficult aspects of English e.g. writing a long letter I really struggle with as stated earlier I did fail english 3 times and after that I just gave up and am not trying to fool anyone with street talk

laters all.

I almost got dizzy reading your latest post!!! Use full stops!!!

Cannot see anything on the takeover in the people..... only article on BRFC is on Hughes/Bentley.

The writer of that Bentley / Hughes article needs to do some research.

Ewood Park boss Hughes has already taken a hard line this season with unsettled strikers Benni McCarthy and Jason Roberts - both were left out and played with the stiffs while they came to terms with their manager's refusal to sell them.

Under the Bentley article is one about Utaka at Pompey, no takeover article??

Nicko please tell me you did not write the bit about Ridgewell being a £2.5m target?

Any chance you can post the takeover article, definitely not in my edition, been through all of the sports pages.

If I remember rightly the points that stuck in my head were:-

Ronnie wants Hughes on the board.

Plans on the takeover are going through 'final stages'.

They want to get the shares for as cheap as possible in order to give Hughes as big a transfer kitty as possible.

Maybe others / Nicko can fill in the rest.

edit - after reading Alans post I'm also sure there was some mention of far-eastern people being involved in the JJB bid.

Archived