BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll take your word on that first quote Ewood Glory!

Does anyone know much about the character of these Arabs? Are they the sort who would showboat and give it large like those at Man City? Or will they be more patient and considerate?

No idea why I'm interested, as it will never happen.

I also cannot see this happening - yet, not knowing the terms of Jack's will - the 60% stake in itself is a curious thing. Something that I wouldn't be surprised the trustees considering. That way they keep somehold on the club for Jacks sake etc.

The big problem I can see coming is if Sheikh Mohamed of Dubai gains control of Liverpool at some stage which keeps being roumoured and the RAK guys gain control of another Prem club then the UAE would have control of three clubs. Sheikh Mo is having financial problems but still has the same if not more money than Abramovich. The RAK guys are small fry but can still put their hands on Millions but not Billions. The Abu Dhabi guys have untold wealth they sell over 1 million barrels of oil a day at 70 odd US Dollars each.

All these guys would be using the Prem as a massive advertising tool and if and when the worldwide popularity wanes they would walk away. They would have direct control of three teams and they are the major sponsor of Arsenel (Emirates). While things are growing and going hunky dory things will be fine but they get nasty if things go wrong. They are also not used to people questioning their methods and are used to being able to trow anyone that has a different opinion in Jail.

They also hate bad puplicity and bad press of any kind.

Mike

Not sure if the Arabic text has been translated but it says "I expect it to be West Ham United. Or it could be Blackburn Rovers", which tells me the guy knows nothing.

I wasted half an hour last night translating 3 pages of the arabic thread. About 10 Premier League Clubs we're mentioned, from Liverpool to Wigan, also Newcastle. It was just people guessing.

Rumour is that it is Everton.

I wasted half an hour last night translating 3 pages of the arabic thread. About 10 Premier League Clubs we're mentioned, from Liverpool to Wigan, also Newcastle. It was just people guessing.

Rumour is that it is Everton.

Everton say it is categorically not them.

Has anyone else flat out denied it to your knowledge?

It's got a lot of people puzzled...one top worldwide figure tells me it is Newcastle United...another Premier League high-up says it's someone else who I daren't post here.

I'm starting to wonder if there is going to be anything in this.

The guy sniffed at Man City a year ago and vanished. Now he surfaces again. These Arab investors can be a bit hot and cold...or is that racial stereotyping.

Burnley?

I keep hearing Dingles but I seriously doubt it.

No. As I say, it was only a bit of info and I have not been able to stand it up. I don't want to start something by mentioning it.

You never know where that leads.

No. As I say, it was only a bit of info and I have not been able to stand it up. I don't want to start something by mentioning it.

You never know where that leads.

To complete and utter frenzy, then you get a pasting when it doesn't turn out to be us despite never saying that it was.

Not sure this chap would be right for us. Like a person on the previous page suggested, all these Arab chaps are using the Premier league to boost their standing and enhance their public profile. So when the bubble finally bursts, they may run off and go to the next big thing, whatever it is. I'm glad we don't have the QPR billionaires in charge, otherwise I'll be manager by November.

Archived