BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover Thread

When there is a world market, I don't believe you need to be located in the best area on the planet. IF Rovers become big in, let's say India, then there is a potential fan base of millions. I doubt the majority of them would ever even visit Blackburn but they would spend money on merchandise etc.

There is potential in us because we're a premier league team. 1 of only 20. If the marketing is done correctly then any premier league team has massive potential on the world market.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Trusties could sell us for a £1 and NOONE would want to buy us, people need to realise this. There is no potential at all at ewood park, no glamour. We're practically giving away season tickets and still won't get more than 17k sold. If some rich Saudi out there just wanted to throw millions of pounds at a club and not make profit there would be another 20+ teams in front of us, So unless one of you guys strike liquid rich i get used to the regime at the club.

why do you get out of bed in the morning

When there is a world market, I don't believe you need to be located in the best area on the planet. IF Rovers become big in, let's say India, then there is a potential fan base of millions. I doubt the majority of them would ever even visit Blackburn but they would spend money on merchandise etc.

There is potential in us because we're a premier league team. 1 of only 20. If the marketing is done correctly then any premier league team has massive potential on the world market.

correct

The Trusties could sell us for a £1 and NOONE would want to buy us, people need to realise this. There is no potential at all at ewood park, no glamour. We're practically giving away season tickets and still won't get more than 17k sold. If some rich Saudi out there just wanted to throw millions of pounds at a club and not make profit there would be another 20+ teams in front of us, So unless one of you guys strike liquid rich i get used to the regime at the club.

There are always ways, sometimes we never see them, business sometimes needs something to stimulate it, now not neccessarily this scenario, suppose Sam got Beckham or a very high profile player from Saudi or japan???

I wonder how potential investors would then look at Rovers? OK it seems on the face of it a ridiculous situation but by raising the profile of the club, and one signing could do that, would change the thing dramatically!

why do you get out of bed in the morning

correct

I'll be in bed along time before Rovers ever get brought.

Lets be honest, what teams are massive in places like India China America, hmm Man utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, do you notice something there, how could we suddenly just get popular in any of these countries? with our fast pace attacking football??

There are always ways, sometimes we never see them, business sometimes needs something to stimulate it, now not neccessarily this scenario, suppose Sam got Beckham or a very high profile player from Saudi or japan???

I wonder how potential investors would then look at Rovers? OK it seems on the face of it a ridiculous situation but by raising the profile of the club, and one signing could do that, would change the thing dramatically!

David Beckham would be a big pull granted, but if you think that could really happen you need you head checking out. Even by some miracle we signed Beckham the whole world would be laughing saying how badly his career has flopped, it would be a joke, ok we'd sell a few shirts, but he'll be retired in 2 years,

Lets be honest, what teams are massive in places like India China America, hmm Man utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, do you notice something there, how could we suddenly just get popular in any of these countries? with our fast pace attacking football??

Notts County are obviously a big name too...

Your point is, caller?

I'll be in bed along time before Rovers ever get brought.

Jack bought us, were you in bed then?

same question why do you get out of bed in the morning

Sign the players that are popular with American kids. U.S. national team players like Landon Donovan, Michael Brady, etc. . . The kids will follow their idols, trakcing their teams overseas, watching their games, buying their shirts, etc.

I reckon that's one of the problems. I think the marketing of Rovers could be better. Like you say, if the Premier League is targeting the Global markets (39th game, TV rights etc) then Rovers need to as well, especially in the emerging markets of India, China etc.

Jack was Blackburn rovers I'm sure if there was someone out there with his sort his money and even half his passion we'd know about them, that's why we sing there's only one jack walker, I'm not looking to upset people here my point is I don't think it matters what price the trusties would sell us for as there is not enough interest. Notts county is a strange one I admitt, but I can't them spending 40 plus million which rovers would need to step up a level.

Jack was Blackburn rovers I'm sure if there was someone out there with his sort his money and even half his passion we'd know about them, that's why we sing there's only one jack walker, I'm not looking to upset people here my point is I don't think it matters what price the trusties would sell us for as there is not enough interest. Notts county is a strange one I admitt, but I can't them spending 40 plus million which rovers would need to step up a level.

I am also wondering if it is rothchilds who are the problem. Are they trying hard enough to sell the club? You would have thought with their name / reputation etc they could have found somebody by now. So maybe it is rothchilds who need to earn their money - I presume they are being paid to try to sell the club.

We need some like Mr Hemmingway to take a bigger interest, and get some sort of consortium together to buy the trustees out. It needs someone with drive and passion and that can only come from a fan in our case I believe.

You just cannot see any other outside party having any interest in a club that can’t even sell 20k season tickets at £199, just doesn’t make sense. Anyone can see that our club is run the right way, the men at the top do a great job, but that can only go so far on limited funds.

Wayne, over to you :D

Notts County were attractive to buyers because of the unfulfilled potential. The belief in a business sense, and from some of our own supporters, is that we are overperforming on the pitch and off it. Rovers would be a stable but relatively expensive buy, little potential for growth and resale, and not as much fun as taking over a lower team. The fun aspect is what attracts the billionaires.

We need some like Mr Hemmingway to take a bigger interest, and get some sort of consortium together to buy the trustees out. It needs someone with drive and passion and that can only come from a fan in our case I believe.

You just cannot see any other outside party having any interest in a club that can’t even sell 20k season tickets at £199, just doesn’t make sense. Anyone can see that our club is run the right way, the men at the top do a great job, but that can only go so far on limited funds.

Wayne, over to you :D

In a time when the adverage business is struggling - getting involved in football is for some 'pointless'. Buying season tickets for football compared to putting food on the table etc is an expence not needed.

Not now living in the Blackburn area, I won't know what employment is like today. But until Blackburn creates decent employment and business oppourtunites then Rovers will alway find filling the ground very hard to do - that is not the clubs fault.

I am also wondering if it is rothchilds who are the problem. Are they trying hard enough to sell the club? You would have thought with their name / reputation etc they could have found somebody by now. So maybe it is rothchilds who need to earn their money - I presume they are being paid to try to sell the club.

Exactly what I was thinking.

I realize it's not easy at this time and that the Trust/Jack's will have certain conditions to be met,but it really put's the situation into perspective when a League 2 club can attract that kind of investment and we can't.

The only thing less depressing about this Summer,(so far), than the last one is the absence of idiotic quotes from Ince.

Maybe Nicko or someone higher up can clarify some points for me:

1.) If Jack was still alive and he knew he could not afford to keep up the day to day things of running the football club would he have asked as much as what the trustees are asking to sell the club?

2.) If Jack was still alive if he was unable to sell his beloved club would he have left the club high and dry with no investment surely he would have realised the club would be a less attractive proposition if no money was being pumped into the club?

3.) Why is Jack's will being kept such a guarded secret surely he would have had a value in his mind beforehand of how much the club is worth?

to me it seems there are a lot of answered questions and someone from inside the club needs to come out and clarify the points.

Maybe Nicko or someone higher up can clarify some points for me:

1.) If Jack was still alive and he knew he could not afford to keep up the day to day things of running the football club would he have asked as much as what the trustees are asking to sell the club?

2.) If Jack was still alive if he was unable to sell his beloved club would he have left the club high and dry with no investment surely he would have realised the club would be a less attractive proposition if no money was being pumped into the club?

3.) Why is Jack's will being kept such a guarded secret surely he would have had a value in his mind beforehand of how much the club is worth?

to me it seems there are a lot of answered questions and someone from inside the club needs to come out and clarify the points.

I do not believe a will is a public document - or could ever become one. Would any of us want everybody to know that we had inherited from somebodies will - or others to know who we left our estate to etc.

Agree! Rotschilds has been trying for ages now to sell the club. Are they even trying is the question? I dont believe there are nobody willing to buy us. We are financially stable, and the club is run properly. That in itself should alert investors, who will be aware that they wouldnt have to settle massive debts

I don't know if I have missed something, but a few months back, wasn't there a "billionaire" who bought a percentage of shares in an unnamed club? Does anyone know who that club was then?

Was it not Stan Kroenke?

Agree! Rotschilds has been trying for ages now to sell the club. Are they even trying is the question? I dont believe there are nobody willing to buy us. We are financially stable, and the club is run properly. That in itself should alert investors, who will be aware that they wouldnt have to settle massive debts

Personally, I think you have answered your own question with the use of the word 'investors'. Jack was not an investor in the true sense of the word. He was a supporter who put money into the club without any hope of an immediate return. His long term plan was for the club to be self sufficient - which at the moment we are having to be.

Professional investors however are looking for a return on their money. Those who have bought the likes of Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea etc are looking to make money in the long term. Hence their decision to buy 'big city' clubs. These clubs have big attendances and can charge high prices knowing that they will fill the place week in and week out. Blackburn is situated in East Lancashire - one of the poorer areas of the country. We have practically had to give season tickets away and have sold 17,500. That in itself is a tremendous number considering our average gate over the past few years. However, it is not likely to entice an investor. Geographically, Blackburn is in the wrong area to attact massive investment. We don't have a catchment area like Manchester and Liverpool and we won't draw supporters from neighbouring towns because people have strong llegiances to their own clubs.

If an investor came in and put season ticket prices up to the same levels as the majority of the Premier League how many tickets would we sell? Somehow I doubt it would be 17,500.

The massive amounts of money that are available to Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea mean that an investor may pour a huge amount of money into a club without breaking into the top four - Aston Villa being a good example.

It will be interesting to see how Portsmouth progress under new ownership. At the moment they are continuing to sell their better players and seem to be shopping in the same bargain basement as ourselves.

Personally, I think you have answered your own question with the use of the word 'investors'. Jack was not an investor in the true sense of the word. He was a supporter who put money into the club without any hope of an immediate return. His long term plan was for the club to be self sufficient - which at the moment we are having to be.

Professional investors however are looking for a return on their money. Those who have bought the likes of Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea etc are looking to make money in the long term. Hence their decision to buy 'big city' clubs. These clubs have big attendances and can charge high prices knowing that they will fill the place week in and week out. Blackburn is situated in East Lancashire - one of the poorer areas of the country. We have practically had to give season tickets away and have sold 17,500. That in itself is a tremendous number considering our average gate over the past few years. However, it is not likely to entice an investor. Geographically, Blackburn is in the wrong area to attact massive investment. We don't have a catchment area like Manchester and Liverpool and we won't draw supporters from neighbouring towns because people have strong llegiances to their own clubs.

If an investor came in and put season ticket prices up to the same levels as the majority of the Premier League how many tickets would we sell? Somehow I doubt it would be 17,500.

The massive amounts of money that are available to Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea mean that an investor may pour a huge amount of money into a club without breaking into the top four - Aston Villa being a good example.

It will be interesting to see how Portsmouth progress under new ownership. At the moment they are continuing to sell their better players and seem to be shopping in the same bargain basement as ourselves.

OK in your view, what stops Blackburn as a town, not being a place for people to invest in. Surely it cannot be any better or worse than any other town. Basically if an owner likes the area, they'd set up a business there. What distracts Blackburn from being a viable place to set up a business? What changes could be done to improve Blackburn. Because if things need to be done then the people in the area should fight for these things. I am asking out of curiosity.

I'd rather have the Trust than Mike Ashley, thats for sure. Rich owners can be utter spoons as well as a saviour.

And at least we are more of a 'real' football club than the likes of Man City, Man Utd and of course those tedious White Fascists in Spain.

Archived