BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover Thread

Guessing here...but Ashley may want to retain an interest in the club and the buyer [if it is Newcastle] would also be paying less for it than he would have to for 100 per cent.

I suppose it would make sense though as Ashley would suffer a massive loss on the club and so could hope to make some more cash back in the future.

But if the investor was then to spend £100m+ on players then surely this would increase the value of Ashleys stake? Why would the guy not insist on buying the whole club? I can't imagine there is a queue of people wanting to buy the barcodes as he has been hawking them around to all and sundry for a while now

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hope it aint us - investment from Dubai is bad news!

Agree. Hope its not us, as i would rather have the club continue the way its currently being run. Hearing and reading about the Glaziers and the guys at Liverpool makes you wonder what might have happened had they bought Rovers. Imagine us at 200 odd million debt, we would never survive. We might not win trophy's, but if we continue to progress as a premiership team with limited finances then we will be in a very strong position.

... In Jack's will it must say something along the lines of we don't sell the club to people who will saddle the club with huge debt. We don't want to be like a Man Utd with 261 million pound in debt. A club like ours would never be able to manage that sort of debt in the long term so proper due diligence has to be done, before any sale takes place so that we know someone will invest their own money into our club.

Sounds right on the money to me, in fact you must be right. If it was just about willing buyers then we would have been sold years ago. My assumption was always that a buyer had the CASH to buy, and then a bit more to invest. However the ManU model of effectively borrowing cash in the clubs own name to buy the club for someone else is what Jack must have been protecting us from. Heck, I could set that deal up and be the new 'owner', who needs cash :D A club our size, as you say, could never service the debt, very insightful.

Only wrinkle in the logic is that there were in fact a number of cash buyers out there, Arab money, Russian money, surely not every prospective buyer for Rovers was an American leveraged deal?

Still, that's a really good post and I agree that we should never get into the ManU scenario, cash buyers only please.

Imagine us at 200 odd million debt, we would never survive.

From what I understand the provisions of Jacks will don't allow for that. Plus most Sheikhs would easily be able to buy us and fund us for seasons on end without making an impact in their bank account.

Ras al-Khaimah is one of seven members in the UAE federation which also includes key oil producer Abu Dhabi and regional trade and tourism hub Dubai.

1-2 Months ago I heard from a City fan, who has contacts with the Keegan camp. He said that Newcastle we're being taken over by a ruler of one of the smaller unknown Emirates, and he needed a way of getting the name out in Europe to boost tourism.

Keegan was holding talks with them back then.

1-2 Months ago I heard from a City fan, who has contacts with the Keegan camp. He said that Newcastle we're being taken over by a ruler of one of the smaller unknown Emirates, and he needed a way of getting the name out in Europe to boost tourism.

Keegan was holding talks with them back then.

Newcastle United are likely to be bought by a foreign investor in the next few days...that's from someone currently inside the camp.

Whether it's this Qassimi chap or not remains to be seen.

From what I understand the provisions of Jacks will don't allow for that. Plus most Sheikhs would easily be able to buy us and fund us for seasons on end without making an impact in their bank account.

I am not altogether sure you are correct on that point, when Jack came into Rovers and assumed ownership, the one thing he put into place was, if anything were to happen to him, the club would not be left with player contracts, debts which couldnt be paid, indeed it was also one of the boards concerns at the time when buying top players and paying the top wages.

I do agree with the wealth of the Sheikhs etc. but I think you will find it minuted that there are principles in place in the event of a buyer for the club. This is the right way too, the club is run very proffessionally by a dedicated and intelligent board of directors and an extremely clever Chairman.

Newcastle United are likely to be bought by a foreign investor in the next few days...that's from someone currently inside the camp.

Whether it's this Qassimi chap or not remains to be seen.

I heard an announcement should be made as earlier as today, but most probably tomorrow. That's from someone at the club, but it's not confirmed who yet.

All

Long time since I have posted but this something I do know summat about. The Al Qasimi family are the rulers of both Sharjah and Ras Al Khamia. The person mentioned Sheikh Saqr is from RAK. It is a very small one town Emirate with a small population they also have little if no oil. They are trying to promote tourism as the place has a very nice coastline and mountains which have even had snow on them in the winter. These people do not have vast amounts of money like the Al Nayans in Abu Dhabi and most of their money comes from federal sources i.e. Abu Dhabi who has most of the oil in the UAE (over 90%)

Strange that they would want to buy a English football club but the new guy Sheikh Saqr has big plans for RAK since he got rid of his brother a few years ago. His father is over 80 and has no day to day control so his son is actually running the place. One thing on the plus side of RAK is that it has the most unregulated Off Licences in the UAE and booze and pork are freely available.

Mike

They are trying to promote tourism as the place has a very nice coastline and mountains which have even had snow on them in the winter. These people do not have vast amounts of money like the Al Nayans in Abu Dhabi and most of their money comes from federal sources i.e. Abu Dhabi who has most of the oil in the UAE (over 90%)

Thanks for posting the information.

Fits exactly what I heard about a potential Newcastle takeover. The reason for buying it was to boost tourism. It was also said they wouldn't be spending similar amounts to Man City.

This was back when Newcastle we're still a Premier League team, so they could have moved targets to someone else since then.

Any chance you could translate on of this please spartans?

There are rumours on Bluekipper (main Everton fans forum) that the arab takeover is us :rolleyes:

Apparently this thread talks about it.

Obviously i'm prepared for it being a windup :lol:

Link Removed

Any chance you could translate on of this please spartans?

There are rumours on Bluekipper (main Everton fans forum) that the arab takeover is us :rolleyes:

Apparently this thread talks about it.

Obviously i'm prepared for it being a windup :lol:

Link Removed

Thats a better read than Clarets Mad, WITHOUT THE TRANSLATION!

Better to be safe than sorry, but I didn't receive a trojan warning and i'm anti-virused up, will leave the link of to be on the safe side.

It's an Arabic football forum and is a thread regarding the 60% takeover by an Emirate ruler.

It definitely mentions Rovers, i've checked that, but that's all I can make out.

Below is the first comment that mentions Rovers, there are others apparently. Will have a look later on after work.

اتوقع وست هام يونايتد

لان الشركه التي شرت النادي من قبل شهر تقريبا لا اذكر عرضته للبيع بعد شرائه مباشره

او

اتوقع نادي بلاكبيرن روفرز

Checked again and no virus warning, have scanned computer aswell.

Once translation of another post

* It is expected that this will be the club that has o be purchased by Sheikh Ahmed Al Qasimi soon ..?

Blackburn Rovers

I'll take your word on that first quote Ewood Glory!

Does anyone know much about the character of these Arabs? Are they the sort who would showboat and give it large like those at Man City? Or will they be more patient and considerate?

No idea why I'm interested, as it will never happen.

Rovers are beeing takenover, sadly just by all the premierships teams and soon to be championship, There must be something in Jacks will that is seriously putting people of looking at us

Maybe his wish was that we remain one of the last remaining respectable football clubs?

Archived