BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest news on the radio in Dubai is that the RAK Sheikh is now not going to buy a Prem Club. Strange as WAM the UAE news agency broke the story last week and they normally only anounce done deals.

The plot thickens but all will come out in the wash or Sky Sports News.

Mike

Robert Kraft/Liverpool/Salary Cap/Get him emailed!

Someone needs to get onto Kraft and tell him to have a flutter on us. Bit of history and all that plus we'd cost pocket change for him! Best way to lobby for a salary cap if from within Bob.

If he thought he needed a salary cap to keep Liverpool competitive, why on Earth would be go near us?

Robert Kraft/Liverpool/Salary Cap/Get him emailed!

Someone needs to get onto Kraft and tell him to have a flutter on us. Bit of history and all that plus we'd cost pocket change for him! Best way to lobby for a salary cap if from within Bob.

He had the right idea by avoiding the EPL. He, obviously, has the bigger picture in mind, that the league is bigger than it's parts in that all teams should be as equal as possible.

I'd hazard a guess that he would want it to be as competitive as possible.

We need a lot of owners like him.

I've heard Newcastle have been sold now and the new owners (not sure who yet) do want Shearer in charge, and quickly.

They return for pre-season next week, so ideally he will be in charge then.

Drat, everytime I see this thread bumped to the top I hope we've had a new multi billion pound takeover and I've just missed the news.

Imagine my dissappointment when it's bloody barcodes again!!

• 2 weeks later...

There is a very interesting piece on Chris Ronnie in today's Mail on Sunday business section.

Ronnie was trying to buy your club a year ago.

Got to say he comes out of this very badly although the info supplied does look to have come from a business rival or enemy.

Some unanswered questions...and probably a whole lot of relief around.

Doesn't solve any long-term financial problems at Ewood, mind you.

There is a very interesting piece on Chris Ronnie in today's Mail on Sunday business section.

Ronnie was trying to buy your club a year ago.

Got to say he comes out of this very badly although the info supplied does look to have come from a business rival or enemy.

Some unanswered questions...and probably a whole lot of relief around.

Doesn't solve any long-term financial problems at Ewood, mind you.

Did we dodge a bullet with Ronnie Nicko?

I agree iceman who knows if he had taken charge of our beloved rovers he would have probably done the same with the rovers and claimed it on expenses

Too true Savio my friend, too true. But remember there are many posters on here who saw him as an attractive option. The distinctly unattractive Marple Leaf blogster (though Narcissus would lose in a grape peeling hair preening compo with that self obsessed no-mark) talked longingly about his Manchester business connections. Fortunately the Rovers Return will be the nearest our appalling suitor will get to an Ewood bunk up

Well I am not involved in retailing nor in business in the north west but I had heard stories of the overweight "corporate pygmy" (to quote the Daily Mail) and I am sure he was a complete non-starter to buy Rovers even faster than Dan Williams was.

• 3 weeks later...

Playing Devil's advocate to a point, and maybe a single post will put me back in my box, but why the hell are Notts County a more attractive takeover proposition than Blackburn Rovers?

Playing Devil's advocate to a point, and maybe a single post will put me back in my box, but why the hell are Notts County a more attractive takeover proposition than Blackburn Rovers?

The birds to men is a 6/1 ratio in Nottingham, certainly hard to match that kind of attraction.

The birds to men is a 6/1 ratio in Nottingham, certainly hard to match that kind of attraction.

Although I've just read that Notts County is the oldest proffesional club in the world (Not just England) and that that is seen as one of the attractions by the man in charge of the takeover, don't know if there's any truth in that.

Unbelievable that Notts Co are seen as a better speculation than a club established in the Prem. I suspect it reflects the unrealistic price the Trustees put on a club that has no prospect of ever making a significant profit (as for Notts Co). The Trustees refuse to put new money into the club but seem to dream that somebody else will....

The Trusties could sell us for a £1 and NOONE would want to buy us, people need to realise this. There is no potential at all at ewood park, no glamour. We're practically giving away season tickets and still won't get more than 17k sold. If some rich Saudi out there just wanted to throw millions of pounds at a club and not make profit there would be another 20+ teams in front of us, So unless one of you guys strike liquid rich i get used to the regime at the club.

Archived