BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The town of Blackburn must really be bad, if investors are buying championship teams instead of a well established club like us. Im also wondering how hard we trying to find a buyer or at least making people aware of the fact that we are for sale. How good are Rotschilds(sp) if i may ask?

Point is Philip, it looks increasingly that Rovers wont be taken over by anybody in the next 10 years. Unless we seriously end up in a champions league position, we wont be bought because of what i dont know. Is the town of Blackburn that bad, or that unattractive that its of more importance than the club itself? Oh well, lets just continue to do well on the field and hope for the best.

Look at all the car crash clubs at the moment thanks to foreign investors - West Ham, pompey, Liverpool all in crippling debts....United too although their success on the pitch/ global brand is helping them stay afloat.

We dont want a foreign investor unless he/ she is absolutely minted like Abramovich (sp?). Id much rather we found a local investor, but that is a much harder task.

Point is Philip, it looks increasingly that Rovers wont be taken over by anybody in the next 10 years. Unless we seriously end up in a champions league position, we wont be bought because of what i dont know. Is the town of Blackburn that bad, or that unattractive that its of more importance than the club itself? Oh well, lets just continue to do well on the field and hope for the best.

Any investor asks himself one simple question: Can the club I am buying grow substantially over the next few years to enable me to have a club a lot more valuable than the one I am have now?. Notts County? The oldest club in the world, great history and one of two clubs in a massive catchment area. The answer here has to be yes. It wouldnt take much for County to be the largest wage bill in League 2 and not much more to be mixing it in League 1. The buyers are probably aiming for a Championship team in a few years with gates to sustain it. At this level the investors will be able to pull out money in the form of dividends and sit on an asset worth more than they paid.

Rovers? Well what do you think? Do you think that the Rovers could become significantly bigger than they are now, in terms of revenue earned from Champions League football or higher league placings? The answer I am afraid, is probably not. The CL is a remote possibility but only that. Cup runs and Europa adventures are glorious for fans but make hardly any money for owners.

So unless you disagree with that prognosis, you should be down on your knees praying that your prediction that Rovers 'wont be taken over in the next 10 years' is true. Barring a billionaire benefactor waking up tomorrow and deciding he supports the Rovers, the only reason someone would buy us would be to asset strip it. And that is exactly what the Trustees are there to prevent.

Visiting at Ewood ten times and have been spending some time in Blackburn I must say yes it´s very a horrible town. We need money to compete our rivals and in few years to stay PL. Arabs or not but there has to be income.

I say move the club, its too good for the town. An MK Dons style relocation to West Yorkshire. Lets tap into the Leeds & Bradford city markets.

Never mind merging with our rivals, we could be Yorkshire Rovers. If we get lucky we could even get a proper chairman like Ken Bates who knows how to run a football club properly and make some mega money.

If only some of the backward folk of Blackburn could see its them holding the club back, with thier "I've no money", "I don't like big Sam", "when will we sign someone good for £50M" and the "whats the point if I can watch it in the pub anyway" attitude.

Why do we have the no money? Why does no-one want to buy us?

Beacuse the we are a well run proper football club, with proper fans and real football people at the helm. Not a business venture. Long may it continue.

Notts County? The oldest club in the world, great history and one of two clubs in a massive catchment area... Rovers? Well what do you think? Do you think that the Rovers could become significantly bigger than they are now ...

But we aren't living in the old world with old world metrics, we've discovered electricity and something called TV and Internet so the catchment area is now the Globe not the A666 and surrounds. We need a brand and then go out and get our share of the 6.7 billion folk. And by the way, we aren't selling because we are asking for too much, nothing to do with the state of the town.

A takeover would be alot to take in. Would the owner doing a Chelsea and spend £200 million on 6 players or would he be sensible and just fill in the necessary gaps? Robinho going to City was a huge shock but we signed the likes of Villa I would faint lol!

i think that us being a town club is putting investors off.. maybe when/if blackburn is decared a city we will have more interest. i thing i read the trust will only sell to someone who will support us with their money rather than a banks. though i may be wrong

Guest benmaxwell

If we got taken over the best thing we could do is try to keep within the same wage budget and maybe use some of the money to pay off some players out of their contract and move some on and replace with players of a more promising pedagry but on a similar wage.

Ie, release Reid and bring in a attacking CM with a similar wage. Maybe bring back the likes of Bentley and replace Roque with someone like Dzeko

Maybe use some money to redevelop the Riverside stand into a double tier with cinema or something. I know people use the fable excuse that we don't currently have the high attentence to improve the Riverside, but if we improved that and maybe other areas of the stadium. We could maybe offer Ewood up for International fixtures (at least U21's) and if a increase in attendence happens we can cater it.

If we added a cinema, bowling alley that sort of thing, it would bring the community closer to the club and might induce more people to watch matches.

I can't see a takeover happening in the next 4 years though unfortunately.

We need to get back up to the edges of Champions league/ europe (5th-8th), we then need to reduce the % of our money spent on wages. We also need to lower our squad age and sign some young prospects that will be worth alot more in the future -If those things are taken care of, we become alot more attractive to buyers.

If we got taken over the best thing we could do is try to keep within the same wage budget and maybe use some of the money to pay off some players out of their contract and move some on and replace with players of a more promising pedagry but on a similar wage.

Ie, release Reid and bring in a attacking CM with a similar wage. Maybe bring back the likes of Bentley and replace Roque with someone like Dzeko

Maybe use some money to redevelop the Riverside stand into a double tier. I know people use the fable excuse that we don't currently have the high attentence to improve the Riverside, but if we improved that and maybe other areas of the stadium. We could maybe offer Ewood up for International fixtures (at least U21's) and if a increase in attendence happens we can cater it.

I can't see a takeover happening in the next 4 years though unfortunately.

Takeovers and vast amounts of money are ruining the beautiful game, however, its the only way to compete and have a chance of winning something unfortunately! :wacko:

We need to get back up to the edges of Champions league/ europe (5th-8th), we then need to reduce the % of our money spent on wages. We also need to lower our squad age and sign some young prospects that will be worth alot more in the future -If those things are taken care of, we become alot more attractive to buyers.

If we achieve all those things it will be a blimming miracle. The top four, Villa, Spurs and City are spending buckets. Everton are in a great vein of achievement. To get ahead of any of those eight will be an enormous achievement. ANd to make things more difficult it looks like Sunderland will be spanding again.

At least the barcodes went down.

Everton are a great example of a football club the way it should be. The fans are great, the chairman is great, the football is great, the manager is great, the players are great................enough said!

No big money involved there!

If we achieve all those things it will be a blimming miracle. The top four, Villa, Spurs and City are spending buckets. Everton are in a great vein of achievement. To get ahead of any of those eight will be an enormous achievement. ANd to make things more difficult it looks like Sunderland will be spanding again.

At least the barcodes went down.

And sooner or later all those clubs will stumble. happened to us in 1999..

Everton are a great example of a football club the way it should be. The fans are great, the chairman is great, the football is great, the manager is great, the players are great................enough said!

Marouane Fellaini might disagree with you there.

Any investor asks himself one simple question: Can the club I am buying grow substantially over the next few years to enable me to have a club a lot more valuable than the one I am have now?. Notts County? The oldest club in the world, great history and one of two clubs in a massive catchment area. The answer here has to be yes. It wouldnt take much for County to be the largest wage bill in League 2 and not much more to be mixing it in League 1. The buyers are probably aiming for a Championship team in a few years with gates to sustain it. At this level the investors will be able to pull out money in the form of dividends and sit on an asset worth more than they paid.

Rovers? Well what do you think? Do you think that the Rovers could become significantly bigger than they are now, in terms of revenue earned from Champions League football or higher league placings? The answer I am afraid, is probably not. The CL is a remote possibility but only that. Cup runs and Europa adventures are glorious for fans but make hardly any money for owners.

So unless you disagree with that prognosis, you should be down on your knees praying that your prediction that Rovers 'wont be taken over in the next 10 years' is true. Barring a billionaire benefactor waking up tomorrow and deciding he supports the Rovers, the only reason someone would buy us would be to asset strip it. And that is exactly what the Trustees are there to prevent.

At last the voice of reason! I agree whole heartedly iamarover, we should wait for a few more clubs to crash and then reflect on why staying away from people who want "Play things", our club is precisely that, OUR's, not someone who wants to mortgage us up to the hilt or have a dabble, we have a sound board, a great CEO and a sound business, we should leave it that way unless someone can offer something remarkable, i.e. A true fan / supporter made good!

What a load of rubbish. If I remember correctly, they have broken they're transfer record in the past 4 seasons. Signing the likes of Andy Johnson, Yakubu, Fellaini etc. People say they have no money. If we had enough financial muscle to spend £15million on a player, we'd be fighting in and around the top 6 aswel.

Next you'll be saying that Spurs don't spend big money on players :rolleyes:

What a load of rubbish. If I remember correctly, they have broken they're transfer record in the past 4 seasons. Signing the likes of Andy Johnson, Yakubu, Fellaini etc. People say they have no money. If we had enough financial muscle to spend £15million on a player, we'd be fighting in and around the top 6 aswel.

Next you'll be saying that Spurs don't spend big money on players :rolleyes:

Ok im wrong about the big money! Smartass! :rolleyes:

Archived