BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lets Have A Permanant Tribute To Tugay

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be one of the last to disagree with any tributes to Tugs.

Five of us have forked out £35 each just in case it is the last chance we get to see the maestro at Big Club.

I think Rovers need to be upfront to the player and especially the supporters about any new contract offer. We can't have Tugay disappearing without one last swan song.

I would be one of the last to disagree with any tributes to Tugs.

Five of us have forked out £35 each just in case it is the last chance we get to see the maestro at Big Club.

I think Rovers need to be upfront to the player and especially the supporters about any new contract offer. We can't have Tugay disappearing without one last swan song.

Derby at home, I reckon...

I was thinking maybe a charity match?

Rovers current XI vs. Rovers Worthington Cup Finalists (and special Guests)

Current Rovers XI

Brown

Emerton

Samba

Nelsen

Warnock

Bentley

Vogel

Tugay ©

Gamst

Santa Cruz

Benni

against

WC Finalists

Brad

Martin Taylor

Henning Berg

Nils Eric Johannsen

Hakan Unsal (know he didnt play but he did later in the season and Turkish)

Gillespie

Hughes

Dunn

Duff

Cole

Jansen

+ Special Guests

That would be ace!

There is the Walkerfame stone from Tugay don't forget, but I do agree he should be remembered as should Brad.

More importantly the club should be upfront on whether or not he's staying and when it's mathematically impossible for us to get into the intertoto i.e. next week he should be given the captaincy for the final two games.

I understand the feelings of the younger supporters but feel that to name a part of the ground 'Tugay' would be a bit insulting to the true greats like Ronnie Clayton and Bryan Douglas. Surely they have a right to be remembered.

I understand the feelings of the younger supporters but feel that to name a part of the ground 'Tugay' would be a bit insulting to the true greats like Ronnie Clayton and Bryan Douglas. Surely they have a right to be remembered.

Maybe we could have a homosexual enclosure known as 'Too gay'?

:rolleyes:

You can tell it's a Friday, I read WC finalists to mean World Cup finalists... was scratching my head as to when Northern Ireland had made it there with Keith Gillespie playing! I need a beer.

i did a thread about 18 months ago,tried search but couldnt find it.I suggested a ring of fame around the ground with players voted in from all eras.Say start of with 1 player from each decade ,with a view to adding...and when a player with "legend"(for want of a better word) retires they would need to get voted onto the ring of fame.A picture,number and the years they played at ewood would what i would have . If I rememeber Gav was well up for it.

Maybe a 'Tugay' kebab van next to the ticket office? :rolleyes:

I`m siding with Al`s earlier post here :tu:

Tugay is a great player & an Ewood favourite, but there`s countless other ex-players who deserve recognition just as much as 'owd Tuggers'.

I reckon "Garners Bar" would be alot more appropriate, as he spent most of his Rovers career in pubs & bars around Blackburn B)

I also 'personally' think of all the current players, Brad Friedel is the one who should be honoured & shown our appreciation for. I doubt we`ll ever see another as good as Brad between t`sticks.

Can i ask a question to the more 'involved' fans at Ewood?

I know there`s a few hospitality suites/boxes around the ground.....but are they named after anybody inparticular? Maybe a Tugay Suite? Suites could be named after popular ex-players, to be voted for by fans?? Just a suggestion?? :unsure:

The new housing estate behing The Fernhurst has the roads named after ex-Rovers' players.

Have a look on multimap.com.

With the large amount of new housing going up on the Infirmary site and inbetween the Infirmary & ASDA there will be enough roads available to honor Tugay, Brad, Hendry (which incidentally will not be "Hendry Street", but "Colin, Colin, Show Us Your Arse Avenue") and loads more beside.

Contact Blackburn wirh Darwen Borough Council planning department & your Local Councillor at once.

You are quite right there Al. I would also say that over the years there have been many very memorable players for Rovers, and a good number of them having played at Ewood for even longer and with more distinction than Tugay.

So, all in all, I feel it would be wrong to just pick on one player who is currently a favourite, although that does not imply that he is any less important to Rovers than these others, or that he is any less of a player. Rovers have over their entire history produced great players in each different era, and none should be regarded as more important or memorable than another.

Just my opinion!

The new housing estate behing The Fernhurst has the roads named after ex-Rovers' players.

Have a look on multimap.com.

With the large amount of new housing going up on the Infirmary site and inbetween the Infirmary & ASDA there will be enough roads available to honor Tugay, Brad, Hendry (which incidentally will not be "Hendry Street", but "Colin, Colin, Show Us Your Arse Avenue") and loads more beside.

Contact Blackburn wirh Darwen Borough Council planning department & your Local Councillor at once.

Oh deary me! Colin :lol: I have nearly split my sides laughing at that one. I can just imagine the looks on all my relatives faces if I e-mail my new address to them as "28, Colin, Colin Show Us Your Arse Avenue". :lol::lol::lol:

I have mentioned this on another thread but as is now likely he does not getanother playing contract, he should play against Derby and the ground should be turned into a mass of Tugau shirts and Turkosh flags, Tugs loves Ewood and the fans and I am sure it will always be special for him. This would be a magnificent send off and is the least we should do. The worst scenario would be if he is allowed to leave without being able to sya goodbye or without us being able to thank him for the pleasure he has given us in a Rovers shirt

Derby should be Tugay day!

Archived