BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Laudrup - The Fans Choice

please join

I feel this deserves it's own thread for those who want to show support for the Dane.

Wally with the brolly was more of a laugh or a joke

Big fat Sam was a close call but it looks as though fan power have sent the alleged corrupt, long ball stylist off packing.

And Paul Ince, the guy who turned us down as player, no coaching qualifications and has bad mouthed Blackburn.

If there is any light at the end of the tunnel, it's has to be Laudrup Wiki

As one of the best players of all time, a career with clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Lazio, he has gone into management and has already gained coaching experience with the National side and with club football in La Liga at Getafe.

Rumours have said he would be interested in our position as manager and JW has been in talks, i feel this is the best option by miles.

If Rovers can find it in themselves to appoint a man with his pedigree, knowledge, attacking football style, contacts etc. It could make a few people take notice and it would be a real coup by Rovers and for the town of Blackburn and how do you like that one Mr Darren Lewis of the Mirror!

After Hughes leaving, Bentley kicking us when we are down, the appointment of Michael Laudrup would more than make up the disappointment's imo and we can look forward to the new season with hope and excitement.

I don't know anything about his managerial career but did he not leave Getafe after one season? In which case, how long would he stay at Rovers. No manager will hang around too long if he achieves success and is targeted by the big clubs. However, we need a manager who will not be using us as a stepping stone - although, the reality is, we have to accept being used as a bridge.

At the start of his reign, he renovated the Brøndby team by letting a large contingent of older players go, in favour of several new offensive players and proven national team player Morten Wieghorst to ensure the defensive strength, and he gave the chance to young talents from the club's youth scheme. In his first year as head coach, he managed the team to a Danish Cup.

if the board decide against appointing him, it will probably be because he is more likely to leave after 1 or 2 seasons - which would be damaging yet again.

I'd be fine with that...would mean he'd had done a good job...

If u want a manager to stay at Rovers for a while...get McClaren in :(

if the board decide against appointing him, it will probably be because he is more likely to leave after 1 or 2 seasons - which would be damaging yet again.

That's got to be rubbish, surely. Even if he leaves after 1 or 2 seasons, if he does a great job then thats all we can ask. Ince hasnt stayed two seasons at either of his clubs yet either...

We HAVE to get the best man for the job. All other considerations and what ifs should be secondary.

Dont forget Laudrup wanted a clause in his contract with the Greeks saying he could leave at any time to join any spanish premier team. If he wants that clause, then stay clear.

But you can understand that. The Greek league is a poor league so you can understand him wanting to move if a big Spanish team came in for him whereas at Blackburn he's in the best league in Europe so I doubt he'd have a release clause in his contract.

But you can understand that. The Greek league is a poor league so you can understand him wanting to move if a big Spanish team came in for him whereas at Blackburn he's in the best league in Europe so I doubt he'd have a release clause in his contract.

Exactly.

At the end of the day too manager release clauses are far less significant. If the manager wants out then he leaves - release clause or no release clause.

Dont forget Laudrup wanted a clause in his contract with the Greeks saying he could leave at any time to join any spanish premier team. If he wants that clause, then stay clear.

Why? If the manager wants to go, he goes. Haven't we just learned that not having such a clause means nothing, Hughes didn't have a clause, did he?

If he wants it, let him have it. For any of the big spanish teams to want him he has to do a good job for us. If they don't and he still does a good job, why would he want to go to another, probably not so big team there, while enjoying success at Rovers?

If he does a horrible job and wants to go to Spain, fine, send us a postcard while you're there.

I fail to see how we can lose on giving him a spanish get out-clause

We turn down a man who has assistant managed Denmark, managed Denmarks biggest club and managed a team in La Liga, our sort of size and playing great football, a man who has won silverware already and managed in Europe...for a man who has had a couple of decent successes in the lowest professional league in this country.

It beggars belief, it really does.

Another childish stupid idea, i thought brfcs members were more mature, seems its not the case.

I actually have warmed to the idea of having Ince as manager...he has a lot of good qualities.

I didnt sign up for the hate allardyce campaign and aint signing up for this one................pfft

There is no comparison CURRENTLY between Laudrup and Ince. Ince may have potential but Laudrup has already managed at the highest level and is a man in demand. His reputation as a footballer and his ability also dwarfs that of Ince, with all due respect. Kids grew up everywhere wanting to be the man on the pitch, and if he joined us, not only would it give us huge exposure in Europe but as long as he sticks to us for at least 2 years if not 3, Im sure he could help us improve...

Well, when Hughes joined our club he hasn't think of quiting our club in one season or two is he? So if Laudrup has already thinking of quiting the job (has clause) before he really join the club, it is no good to our club. Someone argued that it will be good even Laudrup only join us for 1 season or 2. But I think any person that have common sense will know that static is one key to sucess. Hughes has joined only 4 years yes. But first of all 4 years is not short time, and what he built for us is for long term. Do you think that a manager that only want to join the team in short term, will think about long term for the team? I don't think so.

If Laudrup will commit to our team in long term (at least he doesn't think about quitting to big club BEFORE he join), that's good. Rather than that then thanks. I would rather choose Ince. At least we know that he will be here for several season if he is good.

True spoken words if there ever was one...Just before the news about Laudrup being IN it came out, I was beginning to accept that Ince has alot to prove, he was always a winner and has a no nonesense approach like Hughes, so he might do well, but since the news came out, I would be shattered if Ince is chosen. All the above still hold true but it would take time until Ince actually gets us winning and signing a couple of good players before I would be back on the optimistic and happy camp...

Archived