BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bad News Britain

It all comes down to human nature and it sucks. We all end up pushing up daisies or blowing in the wind anyway, so what is the point in being the richest man in the boneyard?

You need to ask Jimmk2 that question. He seems determined to be ...which imo is at complete odds with his politics.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When it comes down to it, we all want to make our lives better, we have no problems stepping over someone who wasnt as astute in the stock market. This is the capitalist worls we live in.

What do you do if you're left-wing, refuse to be motivated by money?

There's no left-wing anymore, it's all been re-branded thanks to Blair. News management matters most, convition and philosophy is for yesterday's man.

It all comes down to human nature and it sucks. We all end up pushing up daisies or blowing in the wind anyway, so what is the point in being the richest man in the boneyard?

Being rich makes ther bit in between being born and snuffing it better...

Being rich makes ther bit in between being born and snuffing it better...

Does it? I'm sure there are plenty of well-off people who are miserable.

You just need enough to be comfortable. Whatever's left over at the end you may as well have buried with you.

Having said that I've had my ar$e hanging out of my trousers and I've had a wallet full of wonga. I know which I prefer.

Den . I wish you'd stop putting me in the same bracket as this ridiculous poster .

Not only is he wrong - he is positively dangerous if he truly believes this . If he read his beloved Daily hate Mail more closely he would realise the British and world economy is in a mess and that house prices are overvalued and are going to tumble over the next five years or more .

If he had bothered to read my post properly I never advocated renting 40 years as he suggested (twisting words to suit his own blinkered arguments as per usual) but stated that with house prices in decline for the forseeable future renting is better than buying at present.

For those setting up home or looking to buy now there are opportunities opening up. My advice based on the last housing downturn in the early 1990s would be to buy a new home .

In the past few days Bovis, TaylorWimpey, Persimmon and Barratt have all announced redundancies after a 30 - 40 per cent slump in business over the past year. The construction industry is in going into recession (to be followed by the national economy), all these companies are looking to get unsold homes off their books and they are all DESPERATE FOR CASH.

So now is the time to be cheeky, play "hard ball" as the Americans say and make very low offers for a new home. If a house is being marketed at £100,000 offer £70,000 or less; £150,00 offer £100,00, £200,000 offer £150,000 and so on. Stick to your guns and insist that you are willing to pay that price and that price only.

It worked for me in 1991 when I bought a £170,000 new home for £110,000 and it will work again.

On the other hand you could wait another 12 - 18 months when housebuilders are going bust, house prices are down another 10 - 15 per cent and there really is blood on the streets.

It's hard to believe this post .

Basically what you're saying , jimbo , is exactly what I've been advocating - owning your own home is a better bet than renting . When you consider that renting is for life and mortgages are for 20 to 25 years then there is no question about it - buying is better in the long run !

The only bit we are quibbling about is WHEN to get on the ladder and by how much prices are likely to fall . I still maintain , taking into account the UK's unique demographic factors , that prices will not crash as much as predicted by the more exitable Murdochian media outlets .

As I said before "renting is dead money" ...get on the ladder "as soon as you can AFFORD to" .

Do read my posts before jumping in in future . Especially when you agree with them ..... :wacko:

As I said before "renting is dead money" ...get on the ladder "as soon as you can AFFORD to" .

And you are still wrong.

Why buy now because "you can afford to" when you will be able to buy 20 - 25 per cent cheaper 2 years hence ?

Agree that the papers have got it wrong ... the fall in house prices is going to be far worse than even they predict.

But of course you know best :blink::blink:

And you are still wrong.

Why buy now because "you can afford to" when you will be able to buy 20 - 25 per cent cheaper 2 years hence ?

Agree that the papers have got it wrong ... the fall in house prices is going to be far worse than even they predict.

But of course you know best :blink::blink:

For a house that was 200k a couple of years ago, down to say 180 now, I wouldn't say it was beyond the possible that it would be 120k in 2 years' time.

I'm going to keep on waiting and investing the money I do have which will accumulate.

Without going through the tedium of calculating the growth in deposit versus money spent on rent (which isn't much for me) then adding on the difference in total repaid if I wait two years or so ... I've got to be quids in, shurely?

I see new labour are changing the debt rules for the country and borrowing more than at any time in the last 50 years!

The big recession is very much on it its way now.

This is very true, according to a national newspaper the country has a £9.2 billion deficit and thats just for this month. This is the biggest deficit since 1946.

This is very true, according to a national newspaper the country has a £9.2 billion deficit and thats just for this month. This is the biggest deficit since 1946.

I just fell of my chair!

:lol:

Or maybe it's the poisoned chalice being put in place for the next government!

I just fell of my chair!

:lol:

Or maybe it's the poisoned chalice being put in place for the next government!

Whoever takes over the running of the country needs to put most of the tax payers money for a full year into paying the debt off. Hopefully then the investment and redevelopment of the country will continue

By the way that £9.2 billions just for this month it £24.4 billion all together

Whoever takes over the running of the country needs to put most of the tax payers money for a full year into paying the debt off. Hopefully then the investment and redevelopment of the country will continue

By the way that £9.2 billions just for this month it £24.4 billion all together

You mean just shut down all public sector funding while we all work to pay off the debt? Cracking idea can't imagine why no one has thought of this before.

This is the difference between what the country exported and imported for the month. It can be influenced by (say) BA buying 10 planes and the like. It can be a good thing, as the purchase could be used to increase National wealth.

The National debt takes into consideration debt owed to overseas bodies (nations and corporations) by individuals and companies as well as the Government. In fact companies probably owe more than the Government.

As long as the country, it's corporations and individuals can afford it, I wouldn't be too concerned. It's all about balance.

I'm going to keep on waiting and investing the money I do have which will accumulate.

Without going through the tedium of calculating the growth in deposit versus money spent on rent (which isn't much for me) then adding on the difference in total repaid if I wait two years or so ... I've got to be quids in, shurely?

Precisely the right strategy at present.

Sentiment in the housing market is dire and will remain so for some time yet, although there were signs last week that credit is loosening with HSBC, Woolwich and Nationwide all announcing mortgage deals at lower rates than were available 2 months ago.

My advice would be to keep renting and keep saving for another 2 -3 years at least.

For start, I'm sure all those who became unemployed because of it :mellow: I'm sure if the hospital doors were shut and schools closed down I think we would all notice it!

Yeah maybe I was a bit hasty. We'd all know as soon as we set off for work cos all rush hour traffic queues would have ceased to exist. :tu:

What's wrong with the British? (Guardian article)

I'm sure this has been discussed before but this Guardian article has reminded me of the disgusting behaviour of the British scum on "holiday".

Britain is exporting its unique blend of drunkeness, sexual perversion, thuggery and general brain-dead behaviour abroad and giving all of us a bad name.

I feel like doing an Anti Euro Smith type rant, with quotes and all, but I think the article suffices.

What a good scrap I've missed by not reading this thread! I truly sympathise with den but I'll have a dig myself, bazzanotsogreat says he went to Keele but he was also trying to argue with me he was not educated. I'll let the VC of Keele know what it's products think...

There are perhaps a few inescapable facts:

- By October 2010 Gordon Brown will NOT be Prime Minister

- If you don't own property now, don't buy before October 2010 unless you see some unusually favourable local conditions

- Here in Malta, a large proportion of the British tourists are despised as drunken ugly ill-dressed ignorant retarded slobs. Serbians and Romanians are massively preferred to the dross that slobs its way off Tui flights from blighty (they actually have more spending power in many cases but that's besides the point). Thankfully as Malta is in the Euro, we are pricing that element of the UK out of coming here. And this is a country which generally has a high regard for the Brits.

And this is a country which generally has a high regard for the Brits.

And so they should . If it wasn't for the Brits they wouldn't have an independant country and would be suffering under the German jackboot . Maybe they should condemn less and study their history more .

I've only been to Malta once and found it a right scruffy run down place . No doubt now they're in the EU they'll be using our monetary contributions to do it up a bit ....

I'm sure this has been discussed before but this Guardian article has reminded me of the disgusting behaviour of the British scum on "holiday".

The result of ever more extremist liberal policies and devalued educational standards in the last 40 years .

It's not going to get better until we lay the blame firmly on those responsible for conducting the social experiments rather than those who have been at the wrong end of ideological dogma .

Nobody is born "scum" - they are simply allowed to develop that way . Unless , of course , we believe in genetic inferiority .............

Archived