BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bad News Britain

And so they should . If it wasn't for the Brits they wouldn't have an independant country and would be suffering under the German jackboot . Maybe they should condemn less and study their history more .

I've only been to Malta once and found it a right scruffy run down place . No doubt now they're in the EU they'll be using our monetary contributions to do it up a bit ....

misread what I wrote- oh what a surprise....

_40197382_fatslags203.gif

is the image of Britain today as portrayed by far too many of its residents.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
- Here in Malta, a large proportion of the British tourists are despised as drunken ugly ill-dressed ignorant retarded slobs. Serbians and Romanians are massively preferred to the dross that slobs its way off Tui flights from blighty (they actually have more spending power in many cases but that's besides the point). Thankfully as Malta is in the Euro, we are pricing that element of the UK out of coming here.

I'll quote the other bit then !!

Drunken , ugly , ignorant , retarded , slobs , dross .......*

Misread what you wrote ? I don't think so ...........

* I wonder what the reaction would be if I were to use such terminology to visitors to this country -_-

Here in Malta, a large proportion of the British tourists are despised as drunken ugly ill-dressed ignorant retarded slobs. Serbians and Romanians are massively preferred to the dross that slobs its way off Tui flights from blighty (they actually have more spending power in many cases but that's besides the point). Thankfully as Malta is in the Euro, we are pricing that element of the UK out of coming here. And this is a country which generally has a high regard for the Brits.

Philip I know what you mean..... but you really do come across as one big snob. Have you ever wondered what the Maltese think of you? :rolleyes:

Beware though... if the slobs from blighty stop coming their place will likely be taken up by the Russians! :o:unsure:

Philip I know what you mean..... but you really do come across as one big snob. Have you ever wondered what the Maltese think of you? :rolleyes:

Beware though... if the slobs from blighty stop coming their place will likely be taken up by the Russians! :o:unsure:

That's what I'm working on. B)

I increased the GDP of this country by more than 1% last year so although some are upset, they can hardly complain.

And Malta certainly needs a lot of work. With all due respect I thought it was a dirty horrible dump when I visited some years ago.

Why swap the beautiful Ribble Valley for a burnt up rock ?

Why swap the beautiful Ribble Valley for a burnt up rock ?

Possibly because it's not pissing down with rain?

On the other hand the beer tastes like pee; the motorbike hire is suicidal; and the locals blast away at the bird-life with rifles like they carry AIDS.

Apart from that it sems a very nice place. And Maltese is brilliant for Scrabble scores.

And you are still wrong.

Why buy now because "you can afford to" when you will be able to buy 20 - 25 per cent cheaper 2 years hence ?

Agree that the papers have got it wrong ... the fall in house prices is going to be far worse than even they predict.

But of course you know best :blink::blink:

On the beeb today jim

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7528248.stm

ooops, it doesn't fit with your view!

.... and the locals blast away at the bird-life with rifles like they carry AIDS.

Against the law but the Maltese ignore that fact and continue to trap and illegally shoot thousands of birds that pass through on migration. Once they've blasted all the bird life to smithereens they then start on the butterflies. The Maltese police do not intervene and anyone showing sympathies towards the wildlife is usually met with violence which again the police turn a blind eye to. The Cypriots are almost as bad.

I increased the GDP of this country by more than 1% last year so although some are upset, they can hardly complain.

I generally hold a lot of your view points on things, but you don't half come across as arrogant and more than a little concieted when you write stuff like that.

Also on BBC website "Credit Crunch still worsening".

My money is still on the market falling for at least the next 12 months. You'd have to be kamikaze or have mega-wonga to get on the ladder now, you'd be bucking the market.

you are absolutely right, but it's the figures I was refering to.

:)

My money is still on the market falling for at least the next 12 months. You'd have to be kamikaze or have mega-wonga to get on the ladder now, you'd be bucking the market.

Considerably more than 12 months I'd say. Mortgage lending is at record lows according to the latest figures and low activity will in turn lead to lower prices.

The housing market is significantly overvalued and until homes become more affordable through a combination of lower prices and rising incomes (3 per cent p/a if you're lucky) it makes sense to bide your time and wait until buying.

Save your cash and rent.

Considerably more than 12 months I'd say. Mortgage lending is at record lows according to the latest figures and low activity will in turn lead to lower prices.

The housing market is significantly overvalued and until homes become more affordable through a combination of lower prices and rising incomes (3 per cent p/a if you're lucky) it makes sense to bide your time and wait until buying.

Save your cash and rent.

Or bid them in the Bol?!cks with the price, i.e, if the property is up for £200,000, bid £160,000. Every seller must be aware of the decrease in property which is happening now, they must understand they are selling a depreciating asset. You are not losing anything by doing this. Other than that, be patient & wait 12 months.

I wonder how much the British tourist trade increased the "wealth" of Malta by ....?

It just goes to show - money isn't everything .....and respect has to be earned .

Judging by your vulgar comments the only difference between you and the holidaying Brits is that they go home after a while . The Maltese have my sympathy B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This is certainly not good news for Britain if this is indeed the case...............

Mumbai attacks

"Prime Minister Gordon Brown has urged caution amid claims that UK-born Muslims were behind the massacre in Mumbai.

Vilasrao Deshmukh, the chief minister of Maharashtra state - of which Mumbai is the capital - said two Pakistanis of British descent were among eight terrorists arrested during sieges.

Indian authorities confirmed the number of foreigners known to be killed in the attacks had risen to eight. At least 143 people - including a wealthy British businessman - were left dead in the wave of terror which swept India's financial capital.

But Prime Minister Gordon Brown said it was too early to tell whether Britons were involved in carrying out the attacks."

I guess 'two Pakistani's of British descent' are in reallity British citizens in the eyes of the law?

Vilasrao Deshmukh, the chief minister of Maharashtra state - of which Mumbai is the capital - said two Pakistanis of British descent were among eight terrorists arrested during sieges.
How can one be a Pakistani of British descent? Surely one is from Pakistan or Britain?

I guess 'two Pakistani's of British descent' are in reallity British citizens in the eyes of the law?

Certainly looks that way. Can't say it has any relevance though, a terrorist is a terrorist wherever he / she was born.

Certainly looks that way. Can't say it has any relevance though, a terrorist is a terrorist wherever he / she was born.

I would suggest it's very relevent (and especially if proven) given the terror arrests here over the past half dozen years or so. We appear to be in danger of becoming a breeding ground for islamic terrorists. It's known that our 'British' subjects are going over to Pakistan / Afghanistan to be trained in combat techniques by Al Quaida. How long before they are sending them over here for part of their 'education'?

• 2 months later...

He killed six people and gets just 18 months in prison....

5529067A4D2E18A3E837B7E31ADF9.jpg

Lorry driver Paulo Jorge Nogueira Da Silva killed a family of six people in Cheshire last year by careless driving. Today he was convicted of six counts of causing death by careless driving.

David and Michelle Statham, together with sons Reece, 13, Jay, nine, Mason, 20 months old and 10-week-old baby daughter Ellouise, were all killed because of the careless driving of Portugese scumbag Mr Da Silva. The judge said today: "This was one of the most serious offences of its kind."

You'd like to think that an appropriate prison sentence would have been given by the judge at Cheshire Crown court today to reflect the severity of butchering a whole family of six through careless drving.

The maximum sentence for causing death by careless driving is just five years. Yet even though Da Silva killed six people and the judge said: "This was one of the most serious offences of its kind," the sentence given was just three years and Da Silva was told he would only have to serve 18 months in custody before being allowed out on licence.

Just 18 months for causing the deaths of six people through careless driving. Hardly justice is it?

Michelle's father Peter Hagans said his family had been devastated and heartbroken by the tragedy - and further devastated by the leniency of the sentence given to Da Silva. Mr Hagans described the court proceedings as "a circus".

"It was not possible to get justice in a British court," said Mr Hagans.

What a sad and terrible indictment of our soft and lenient criminal justice system, which favours giving "human rights" to the criminals.

Link: Lorry driver told he will only have to spend 18 months in custody before being released.

You'd like to think that an appropriate prison sentence would have been given by the judge at Cheshire Crown court today to reflect the severity of butchering a whole family of six through careless drving.

What a sad and terrible indictment of our soft and lenient criminal justice system, which favours giving "human rights" to the criminals.

Link: Lorry driver told he will only have to spend 18 months in custody before being released.

So then Smiffy, what do you consider an appropriate prison sentence, and what has "human rights" got to do with it ?

Careless driving isn't manslaughter or murder, although in this case of course it did have tragic consequences.

I'm very much in favour of more traffic and speeding controls but accidents happen. He should lose his job and never be allowed to drive again but locking him away for 15 years doesn't solve anything and isn't going to bring that family back.

He killed six people and gets just 18 months in prison....

5529067A4D2E18A3E837B7E31ADF9.jpg

Lorry driver Paulo Jorge Nogueira Da Silva killed a family of six people in Cheshire last year by careless driving. Today he was convicted of six counts of causing death by careless driving.

David and Michelle Statham, together with sons Reece, 13, Jay, nine, Mason, 20 months old and 10-week-old baby daughter Ellouise, were all killed because of the careless driving of Portugese scumbag Mr Da Silva. The judge said today: "This was one of the most serious offences of its kind."

The maximum sentence for causing death by careless driving is just five years. Yet even though Da Silva killed six people and the judge said: "This was one of the most serious offences of its kind," the sentence given was just three years and Da Silva was told he would only have to serve 18 months in custody before being allowed out on licence.

Just 18 months for causing the deaths of six people through careless driving. Hardly justice is it?

Michelle's father Peter Hagans said his family had been devastated and heartbroken by the tragedy - and further devastated by the leniency of the sentence given to Da Silva. Mr Hagans described the court proceedings as "a circus".

"It was not possible to get justice in a British court," said Mr Hagans.

Don't want to be flippant with so tragic an issue but sh1t happens Smithy. This guy made a mistake with devastating consequences but it was just that and surely in no way intentional.

There is one of those road safety ads on TV currently that shows the broken body of a boy always in the memory of the driver who killed him. I think this Portugese chap might have a similar future.

Archived