BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
to be fair to newcastle they have to try and sort their micky mouse defence out somehow :lol:

and, what has that go to do with rovers.

Their £3m bid makes me sick, its a complete lack of respect <_<

Hes worth nothing less than £5million

Rovers cannot sell, we havent had a left back like him in a while, how many good touch tackling, forward going left backs are there in that price range

Feels like BRFC is a ship to be jumped at the moment, I'll be very surprised if Warnock is at Ewood by the end of the transfer window.

Maybe I'm being a doom and gloom merchant but every speculative story about good Rovers players being linked with other clubs always ends with them leaving. Don't see this one ending any differently.

He is worth considerably more to us, he is NOT for sale.

Feels like BRFC is a ship to be jumped at the moment, I'll be very surprised if Warnock is at Ewood by the end of the transfer window.

Maybe I'm being a doom and gloom merchant but every speculative story about good Rovers players being linked with other clubs always ends with them leaving. Don't see this one ending any differently.

We have to remember that we have sold no one as of yet and have two incoming for sure.

Rovers cannot sell, we havent had a left back like him in a while, how many good touch tackling, forward going left backs are there in that price range

They've come back in for Warnock.....who's a left back.

WARNOCK - First the bad news...Newcastle have been back in...think the offer is now just over £3 million...it's a bit worrying because they won't go away...surprised this one is ongoing.

HAHAHAHAHA £3m?! Keegan is a moron, absolutely stupid. They're idiots if they think that £3m will even buy his left boot.

Roy Hodgson is Bloody hillarious.

£6m on Zamora and £10.75m on Johnson??

Stop it Roy, these boys are woth about £5m-£7m between them, with atleast 80% of that being Johnson.

Johnson is a top quality player. With the transfer market the way it is, I'd actually say that £10.75m is a pretty good deal. Zamora, however, is reminiscent of the Hodgson days at Rovers!

Maybe they are just plain stupid.

A) Very thick and don't know how to value a player

Ah, option 'A' sir, good choice! :D

Quick question, was Warnock at Liverpool at any time when Ince was? Wonder whether they knew each other before Ince came to Rovers?

Also, anyone find it interesting that both of the players who have recently got call-ups have suddenly become appealing to clubs.

I used to look forward to Rovers players being called up, but with Le Saux, Shearer, Batty, Warnock, Bentley etc... im starting to dread it happening... Im sure its been a major influence in Barry supposedly wanting to move suddenly from Villa...

Will you give over LDRover, this mb is depressing enough at the moment!

ANDY JOHNSON - Fulham have come in at an astonishing £10.75 million

Where do Fulham get their money from ?

Over 26 million spent last season on transfers. Surely Al Fayed doesn't put that much into the club -- they have similar attendances to us albeit on greater prices. Gobsmacked.

Rovers cannot sell, we havent had a left ack like him in a while, how many good touch tackling, forward going left backs are there in that price range

On a serious note:

Newcastle are just testing the water.

cant understand how bidding for a player is a lack of respect..... any club have to start low and move up. us fans will always value the players higher than the going rate. To be fair Warnock is probably worth 5 million at the MOST. for example Boulahrouz has just moved for around 4 million and hes decent.

either way he's said hes happy at rovers so it shouldnt be too much of a concern. Warnock would be daft to move now when he's settled in as a regular starter.

Quick question, was Warnock at Liverpool at any time when Ince was? Wonder whether they knew each other before Ince came to Rovers?

Also, anyone find it interesting that both of the players who have recently got call-ups have suddenly become appealing to clubs.

I used to look forward to Rovers players being called up, but with Le Saux, Shearer, Batty, Warnock, Bentley etc... im starting to dread it happening... Im sure its been a major influence in Barry supposedly wanting to move suddenly from Villa...

Sure Warnock said in one of his interviews, that he was in thw academy, when Ince was there, but there paths did'ent cross much

Sure Warnock said in one of his interviews, that he was in the academy, when Ince was there, but there paths did'ent cross much

Whoops, sorry about that.

At no point have Rovers said Warnock isn't for sale. The "he's not for sale" thing was in relation to Ooijer:

"We have had a bid of £2million, which was rejected," chairman John Williams said of Warnock, while the message to Panathinaikos over Ooijer was equally unequivocal.

"We have received a bid from Panathinaikos but I have made it clear Andre is not for sale," he said.

On a serious note:

cant understand how bidding for a player is a lack of respect..... any club have to start low and move up. us fans will always value the players higher than the going rate. To be fair Warnock is probably worth 5 million at the MOST. for example Boulahrouz has just moved for around 4 million and hes decent.

either way he's said hes happy at rovers so it shouldnt be too much of a concern. Warnock would be daft to move now when he's settled in as a regular starter.

On a serious note:

Boulahrouz is decent? I'd rather have the Axe!!

Warnock is the third best english left back around and we all know how much english players seem to cost these days. The other two are at Chelsea and are going nowhere so of course clubs are going to be attracted to Warnock. I'd be looking for at least 6 million minimum.

When clubs are rumoured to be buying Shorey from Reading they throw around figures like 7 or 8 million, and didn't Leighton Baines move for 5 million.

3 million for Warnock is an absolute insult, if I was Paul Ince I'd be putting in a £1 million bid for Owen just to see how they like it.

Archived