BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

Boulahrouz is decent? I'd rather have the Axe!!

Warnock is the third best english left back around and we all know how much english players seem to cost these days. The other two are at Chelsea and are going nowhere so of course clubs are going to be attracted to Warnock. I'd be looking for at least 6 million minimum.

When clubs are rumoured to be buying Shorey from Reading they throw around figures like 7 or 8 million, and didn't Leighton Baines move for 5 million.

3 million for Warnock is an absolute insult, if I was Paul Ince I'd be putting in a £1 million bid for Owen just to see how they like it.

Boulahrouz isnt too bad, was good at the euros.

anyways if we put a 1 million bid in for owen it would get rejected just like the bid for warnock will be recjected. i cant see him being unsettled too much by it. this time of year there are always a few silly bids going around.

you have to remember that they have keegan as manager. the mans a muppet. he thought he could get Henry for christ sake :lol:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Warnock is the third best english left back around and we all know how much english players seem to cost these days. The other two are at Chelsea and are going nowhere so of course clubs are going to be attracted to Warnock. I'd be looking for at least 6 million minimum.

Third best left back for a nation who failed to qualify for the EURO's doesn't cling too well in my ears :P In all seriousness though, he's been quality since we signed him with the odd mistake but he's a hard-working back who'll be hard to replace for anything less than £5 million.

As for the goalkeeping situation - there's no way Spurs will go down to their original asking price of £3.5 million when we're not giving them any rope over Bentley's valuation. I hope we'll look at other targets soon, at least that'll send a message to Spurs that we're not playing their game and that in turn might force them to wake up. Replacing Bentley will be a must and I sincerely hope they spend serious ££ when they eventually do, because we need someone established as we've already gambled twice when signing Castillo and Villanueva.

Do you know of any plans to sign a RM if Bentley leaves Nicko, or will they take their time until the right player becomes available (possibly not until January)?

Friedel thing will just be glad when it's over, knew it would drag as soon as I saw Spurs were involved in some indirect form...it's the same as Barry/Liverpool, you always know which couple of clubs make things drag.

I hope you realize that "it's over" could equate to Brad still being in the employ of Blackburn Rovers come September 1. I would start preparing mentally for that if I were you. It's next to impossible to conceive of Spurs agreeing an acceptable fee for Robinson if we don't "let them have" Bentley. The next question would then be: Does Friedel sign the improved terms offered by JW & Ince?

Just 40 damn days left in the window.....

I hope you realize that "it's over" could equate to Brad still being in the employ of Blackburn Rovers come September 1. I would start preparing mentally for that if I were you. It's next to impossible to conceive of Spurs agreeing an acceptable fee for Robinson if we don't "let them have" Bentley. The next question would then be: Does Friedel sign the improved terms offered by JW & Ince?

Just 40 damn days left in the window.....

I doubt it, and if it does then I don't really need to prepare mentally for it...it'll be disappointing but not crushing or anything. Crushing is Young leaving next year :mellow:

Maniche seems very similar to Vogel to me, we certainly don't need them both. Personally I think Maniche is past it anyway.

What happened to Seitaridis? He looked a world beater a few years back but he doesn't seem to have developed at all, he looked poor for Greece in the Euros as well. He'd definitely be worth looking at though.

Reyes would be absolutely magnificent, but he's way out of our league. I think I'm right in saying he hated English lifestyle as well, I can't be bothered finding a quote for this now but I remember him saying something about everything shutting at 5 and there being nothing to do. I think that was him anyway.

John Williams has already said categorically that Warnock is not for sale.

He has also said that no deal has been done for Ooijer who is also not for sale.

I have good reason to believe that the £18m Bentley fee is causing Spurs to look elsewhere now in case Rovers do not soften on the valuation which Rovers will not do so.

14.5mil wont even cover stevie W's left boot.it would be absolute suicide, if we sell Warnock at this stage.for years we struggled to find a decent left back.now that we have a very good one, it means that at no point should we sell.we have other issues to sort out,that are more important,than worrying about the circus making a bid for our left back magician.

WARNOCK - First the bad news...Newcastle have been back in...think the offer is now just over £3 million...it's a bit worrying because they won't go away...surprised this one is ongoing.

FRIEDEL/ROBINSON - Villa have been in [again] and I think it is just about the right figure...now it's up to agreeing a fee for Robinson...sounds a bit like a cracked record.

ANDY JOHNSON - Fulham have come in at an astonishing £10.75 million which is why he pulled out of the Everton game tonight...that is more than Wigan are willing to pay...so I think he will move....relevance to Rovers...none that I can see.

MAN CITY - Cisse is the name I am hearing that they are after...Marseille have told him he can go but only if he finds a club quickly...but the Roque thing will no doubt rear its head...Rovers have to stop that from happening - and surely can.

Whoa! - have we anyone we can sell to Fulham! -_-

14.5mil wont even cover stevie W's left boot.it would be absolute suicide, if we sell Warnock at this stage.for years we struggled to find a decent left back.now that we have a very good one, it means that at no point should we sell.we have other issues to sort out,that are more important,than worrying about the circus making a bid for our left back magician.

£14.5m gets you Warnock and access to his donorable semen for the next five decades.

WARNOCK - why are newcastle playing silly buggers? They must know there is no chance we will sell at less than six or seven million - he is an English international, young, very decent and just signed a 4 year contract. He is so good and we are losing so many players that we are going to do everythign we can do to hang onto him. On top of that he released comments the other day after the Newcastle enquiry that he was committed to Rovers......

BENTLEY- If Spurs really have a agreed a fee for Arshavin then we could well see Bentley at Rovers next season. Not sure if this is a good thing. He might hold it against the club for pricing him out of a deal.

It's probably worth taking another deep breath at this stage, and reminding ourselves that we haven't actually sold anyone.

If everyone had left who was linked with moves away from Ewood last summer, we'd have been left with Tugay.

Not sure if this is a good thing. He might hold it against the club for pricing him out of a deal.

I'm going to hold it against him for signing a long term contract on (no doubt) improved terms. Actually I'm not, if we keep him then great - you can never have enough good players. Still think he'll be gone though.

I'm going to hold it against him for signing a long term contract on (no doubt) improved terms. Actually I'm not, if we keep him then great - you can never have enough good players. Still think he'll be gone though.

What I mean is he might decide to pull a Barry Ferguson circa the 20th of August which would be very bad news - both in terms of the club finding replacements in time adn beinga ble to negotiate a decent fee for him.

There are two things in our favour though:

1) We can certainly match in financial terms what Spurs could offer in wages.

2) Spurs are not in the CL so it is not like he is missing out on much.

So maybe if no one matches the price he will settle down for the season here and wait for next time around. He must like the ambition that the signings of Villanueva and Castillo are showing.

It's probably worth taking another deep breath at this stage, and reminding ourselves that we haven't actually sold anyone.

If everyone had left who was linked with moves away from Ewood last summer, we'd have been left with Tugay.

Exactly. So far its all media talk. Yes we have received a few bids and enquiries, nothing new there.

If we sell Brad then we stand to get around £3m for a 37 year old - probably replacing him with someone 9 years younger for only £0.5m more.

If we sell Bentley then we stand to get around £17m for a player we paid £800k to start with.

We have almost completed the signing of two south american midfielders that look like a massive creativity improvement. Other than that its just speculation and rumours.

Archived