BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the subject of Brad, I can see Spurs now saying well, John Williams seeing that you sold Brad, how about 12mill plus Robinson(6mill) for Bentley? Will JW, then go for it? Or will he reject that again,and try for a cheaper option. I like this Wayne Hennessey guy,seems a good keeper… I must admit I haven’t seen too much of him,but in the games I have seen, he has looked rather solid.

Has it been nailed down whethe we would save money in terms of what needs to be passed on to Arsenal if we do a swap deal? 50% above the orignal transfer to Arsenal on an 18m deal is 7.5m. 50% above the original transfer on a 14m + Robinson deal is 5.5m (and maybe Robinson's legs).

I imagine a tribunal would have to get involved, but its worth it as a tribunal seems to only ever decide on figures about half the market rate....

Anything concrete?

Well they said, "coming up after the break, the ingoings and outgoings at Blackburn Rovers including an update on the Brad Friedel saga!"...

Well its into the second break right now, so im figuring they have no idea... :huh:

nicko, put us out of our misery, has there been any significant developments, is there going to be a big 11 o'clocker tonight, it seems to be years since we had one of those ^_^

You can have an 11 o'clocker but there are only a couple of minor developments...Spurs-related just at the moment...hoping for more Rovers news between now and then.

You can have an 11 o'clocker but there are only a couple of minor developments...Spurs-related just at the moment...hoping for more Rovers news between now and then.

Would it be fair to expect very little on the transfer front from Rovers if Villanueva and Castillo seal their deals? I can't see how we'd have any money spare after those two, so I'm expecting our hands to be tied until someone gives us a saleable offer for Bentley.

Would it be fair to expect very little on the transfer front from Rovers if Villanueva and Castillo seal their deals? I can't see how we'd have any money spare after those two, so I'm expecting our hands to be tied until someone gives us a saleable offer for Bentley.

I think the RB (Osorio or someone else) is not contingent on Bentley's fee.

And I think Villaneuva is a loan costing 450k so we will have only spent 6.45 million so far. But then I guess we need to keep 2m ($ 4m) dry incase we want to exercise the option on King Carlos.

Well they said, "coming up after the break, the ingoings and outgoings at Blackburn Rovers including an update on the Brad Friedel saga!"...

Well its into the second break right now, so im figuring they have no idea... :huh:

That's why I don't watch SSN - after 16 minutes of watching it I've lost the will to live.

The deals will probably cost a total of between 4.45-5.45million. Rovers had 13 million ( 3 re-instated from the trust) before any dealings. Then we have the 10-12 additional from the proposed moves of Brad & Bentley.

We should have the best part of 10 million to spend.

Im going to miss seeing Mokoena sitting in the stands at Ewood sipping on a Latte during a match ahaha.

As much as we all seem to be overjoyed to see him go , he was still a good servent to the club, trained very hard and always gave 110%. Unfortunatly lacked any quality at all. :P

Some of the teams been metioned that are after him seem abit over the top though. Agent's at their best

Nicko, I apologize if this has been touch on in the last week. I did quick research but, did not see anything concerning Castillo's possible third party ownership involvement. I've been tent camping with no PC access. Are we clear of another Tevez episode or is this hurdle ahead yet?

Nicko, I apologize if this has been touch on in the last week. I did quick research but, did not see anything concerning Castillo's possible third party ownership involvement. I've been tent camping with no PC access. Are we clear of another Tevez episode or is this hurdle ahead yet?

Castillo is training with the players just now, so I imagine Rovers have checked out the third-party issues.

I'm a bit puzzled by his current status. He said he had a three-year contract agreed in advance and wouldn't come on trial, but from what I gather THAT is exactly what he is doing...there has been NO medical, so he is only training just now.

It's obviously complicated as no-one is quite sure which club he belongs to - so it's down to him whether he trains or not and he is doing that.

Very odd.

SkySports news 'staff' now talking up Roque Santa Cruz going to either Man City (cover for injured Benjani) and Arsenal... :angry:

They've been doing that since the end of the season at least. I'm not going to start worrying about that one yet as the guy has expressed no real desire to go anywhere and even came back early to start training if I'm not mistaken. He should feel more at home at Ewood this season with more Spanish speakers around and until I hear from a very reliable source otherwise, I'm not thinking he'll leave. Having said that who expected Friedel?

The deals will probably cost a total of between 4.45-5.45million

We can't say Villanueva is costing £450k, we have to put it down as £3-3.5 million or whatever it is. If we have to decide in January then the money will come from this season's budget. Isn't Castillo costing around £6 million? That could easily be near £10 million for the pair, I still don't see how we've got much left.

The Roque-Man City link has been bubbling for weeks.

Just one question. Where would they find the money to do that?

I have heard another name very strongly linked with City today...name him about 11.

I am sure some papers will do the Roque-Man City story tomorrow. It's in the local paper tonight, so some are certain to lift it and re-run it.

We can't say Villanueva is costing £450k, we have to put it down as £3-3.5 million or whatever it is. If we have to decide in January then the money will come from this season's budget. Isn't Castillo costing around £6 million? That could easily be near £10 million for the pair, I still don't see how we've got much left.

There's always been people asking where our money goes though so perhaps there's more than we've been told. Not lots more but enough to mean that we can do a deal now and then worry about selling the other players.

13 million at the start of the season . 10-12 million from player sales. More to come from trust in Jan- According to Mr Willaims

Archived