BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope we do not want malbranque although a good player he is not the player i would like to see at ewood

And why not? He's something that we've been lacking for a while...small tricky hard working midfielder....I'd snap him up straight away....he always seemed to be putting the ball in't net a couple of seasons ago under Jol....I think there's more to come from him.

better idea. Islander, if you dont wind it in, we'll revoke your posting rights

i agree islander is posting a bit to much on this thread but i don't think you need to go to that extreme Flopsy, chill out man FFS.

ANYWAY BACK TO THE TOPIC FLOPSY!!

better idea. Islander, if you dont wind it in, we'll revoke your posting rights

Why will you revoke my posting rights?I have not insulted anyone i am just asking a few questions and posting my opinions.I find your threat totally uncalled for,can u please explain what have i done wrong?

And why not? He's something that we've been lacking for a while...small tricky hard working midfielder....I'd snap him up straight away....he always seemed to be putting the ball in't net a couple of seasons ago under Jol....I think there's more to come from him.

Seem to remember one of our previous managers being full of praise for his footballing brain when his team beat us a few years back. Someone with a better football memory than mine will doubtless tell you which match. Mind you, would we want to get caught up in a third bit of transfer saga with Spurs?

So are we going to sell him before securing someone?

This will play into Spurs hands knowing we would be desperate to buy Robinson and so they can keep their price higher up.

Why are we doing this???

Rovers will probably have secured the signing of Paul Robinson for this deal to go through, otherwise it WON'T happen. Another thing, when are Sky ever right?

Brad Friedel will be completing his move away from Rovers within the next few hours according to Sky... :(

It was your friend and mine who 'broke' that story on Sky.

Think someone from here passed on the fact that Villa are going to put the right bid in.

But the trouble is that Brad won't get to go until Robinson is agreed to...a point that obviously wasn't passed on.

:closedeyes:

It was your friend and mine who 'broke' that story on Sky.

Think someone from here passed on the fact that Villa are going to put the right bid in.

But the trouble is that Brad won't get to go until Robinson is agreed to...a point that obviously wasn't passed on.

:closedeyes:

Nothing to do with me. I have SkySports News on in the background whilst im working...

Nicko - Just seen that Michael Misfud has handed in a transfer request at Coventry City.

Not sure what he's done of late, but he was something of a sensation a season or two ago. Is he likely to be Prem or Championship bound?

So does this mean that Robinson is incoming very soon then IF Friedel is signing in the next few hours?

It will have to be that way...Rovers WON'T let Brad go without a replacement...and I don't think there is a deal with Tottenham yet.

It will have to be that way...Rovers WON'T let Brad go without a replacement...and I don't think there is a deal with Tottenham yet.

But then does that open the possibility that the board are looking elsewhere for a new keeper rather than Robinson?

If Brad goes today and there is no mention of Robinson as well then it could be we have decided the Robinson price is too much.

But then does that open the possibility that the board are looking elsewhere for a new keeper rather than Robinson?

If Brad goes today and there is no mention of Robinson as well then it could be we have decided the Robinson price is too much.

But then Brad won't go today

Nicko, not sure if this has been touched on elsewhere by you and I’m sorry if it has, but I am interested in your perspective on the following.

1. The FA ban to the former vacuum cleaner salesman.

2. The possibility of any action and successful prosecution against the names contained in the file passed onto the CPS by the police a couple of weeks ago, in connection with alleged corruption in football.

Do you think the apparent escalating greed and corruption that is becoming more and more apparent might signal the beginning of the end of our beautiful game?

I just think we would be better off spending our money on a genuine wideman,when malbranque starts outwide he drags infield quite a lot, i think he is a good player but with us having signed villanueva and castillo our midfield is already overloaded and i think a genuine wideman should be a priority

Nicko, not sure if this has been touched on elsewhere by you and I'm sorry if it has, but I am interested in your perspective on the following.

1. The FA ban to the former vacuum cleaner salesman.

2. The possibility of any action and successful prosecution against the names contained in the file passed onto the CPS by the police a couple of weeks ago, in connection with alleged corruption in football.

Do you think the apparent escalating greed and corruption that is becoming more and more apparent might signal the beginning of the end of our beautiful game?

I believe 1 is subject to an appeal and 2 won't come to anything.

And what 'beautiful game' was that?

NO JOKE but ive just been watching Setanta News and it said Lucas Neill who is being linked with moves to Blackburn and Galatasaray, please say it was ment to say the former Blackburn player linked with a move to Galatasaray?

Nicko, i'm just a little worried about us signing Carlos Villanueva and Castillo, are the deals in the bag?

If they both get the Work Permits are they 100% going to sign for us?

NO JOKE but ive just been watching Setanta News and it said Lucas Neill who is being linked with moves to Blackburn and Galatasaray, please say it was ment to say the former Blackburn player linked with a move to Galatasaray?

Probably the latter. Anyway i'd welcome him back with open arms :D

Archived