BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its just Friedal means alot, he organises the whole bloody defence. More important than Bentley in my opinion, but Nicko hows that going have Spurs sold their fantastic four to Sunderland yet so they can purchase this big time charlie.

From what I hear Friedel is being signed by Villa as a short term fix.. its just a little confusing paying a guy for three years silly money when you will only use him for a season..

Also wont Brad be slightly unhappy when he could have stayed for first team football with us..

BRAD FRIEDEL - would be going to Villa for three seasons, this 'short term' thing is just nonsense.

ROBINSON/BENTLEY - Rovers will try for Robinson on his own when the Villa bid is acceptable...'try' being the word.

SPURS GANG OF FOUR - only Tainio looking good so far...so that won't help them reach Bentley's valuation.

Once the Friedel bid is accepted there will probably be an attempt to sign Robinson on his own...if the figures and valuations match up, of course.

Like I say, painfully slow.

thats where we were at last week, when rovers were trying to buy robinson on his own which didnt seem to work, and if villa want fridel and have such an urge in trying to complete in time for their intertoto campiagn why are they taking so long to make a bid for fridel

"i was totally wrong about that anthony herring guy... when we played them he didnt really show much but i heard from a reliable source that he just returned from a trial with the blackburn rovers and is set to star alongside football superstar winner william upfront for sydney fc youth team...anyone know how he is going in the gps comp atm??"

http://forum.sportal.com.au/viewthread.aspx?t=25299

Not that it's of any importance. Just wondered if this was one of the trialists. It was posted today.

Doesn't sound as if he'd be any good. Another Rigters maybe & thats why he hasn't stayed.

thats where we were at last week, when rovers were trying to buy robinson on his own which didnt seem to work, and if villa want fridel and have such an urge in trying to complete in time for their intertoto campiagn why are they taking so long to make a bid for fridel

Villa would have taken Friedel last week - but Rovers could not get a deal for Robinson.

Now Villa are trying again - presumably offering a bit more money - and that will let Rovers try for Robinson again.

One lot of transfer negotiations is hard, two lots at the same time are very difficult and three is virtually impossible.

Nicko, a guy at the norwegian board is mentioning that Fowler is given the deal with Rovers, has to be bullshit right?

I would think he will need more than 45 minutes to prove his fitness.

Nicko will castillo be undergoing a medical and signing contract over the next few days?Is it a season loan with a view and have we got to pay any loan fee for him and carlos

Castillo is with the squad, so I take it he has had a medical. I also have to presume he has sorted out his terms and the fee is done.

Villanueva is due to have his medical and then go with the squad. The terms seem to be agreed with him and his club.

I am not sure either are allowed to play until they have work permits...certainly not in this country...but there are ways round this while you are abroad.

It would need the consent of the players, who would have to be happy to put themselves at risk before the deals are finalised.

The progress on both those two looks pretty good.

Nicko, you mentioned that Freidel will go to Villa for three reasons. Obviously the contract would be one of them and we could speculate on the others.

Are you able to give a definative explaination of the "three reasons"?

Nicko, you mentioned that Freidel will go to Villa for three reasons. Obviously the contract would be one of them and we could speculate on the others.

if you look closer at nicko's post, he said three seasons not three reasons

Three seasons...

Well it looks like Tottenham may have some money as that Kaboul guy is off to Villa according to Harry Redknapp, any truth Nicko? Robinson, why is it so hard to sort a fee out?

KABOUL...Harry was in, so perhaps he is right on Kaboul...that would bring in some dough.

ROBINSON...it's Spurs - hard at the best of times, worse when you have a player they want.

Nicko.

This business, of sending Bentley home, seems strange to me.

JW, says he can go, when, and if the valuation is met.

Spurs, well that does not need any explanation.

IOM, I think that a problem as arisen in the training camp.

Why would you send a player home who's future is uncertain, and may still end out being here, possibly until january.

By doing this, if the deal dose not happen before the season starts, you risk having a player who is not match fit.

You could argue, that they don't want to risk an injury, putting a move on hold. Or they would prefer to sell him to the opposition unfit.

I get the feeling, that perhaps Bentley's attitude is causing problems in the camp, moral Etc. and Ince has decided enough is enough.

I certainly do not believe he has had any form of injury, since returning from the summer break.

I know it's speculation on my part, but one bad apple, and all that, seems more realistic to me.

Any idea how long it will take for the work permits to go through?Are rovers still sounding out right wingers 2 replace bentley or does ince think brett emerton is the answer?

Work permits should only take a week or two to process. The club can do that while the players are training in Portugal.

There are a few right wingers being mentioned - usual suspects - but nothing concrete yet. Emerton played centre mid last night, but will get a run on the wing. Mind you, I gather he didn't know that was the manager's plan...

On BENTLEY -

First he had a calf injury and now it's a hamstring. He has taken himself off the tour - the club didn't make that decision.

An old pro once told me the best injuries to 'throw in' [fake] are the ones you can't prove..like a calf of a hamstring problem.

I'll just leave it at that.

I don't think there is any doubt that Bentley wants this Spurs move and I think the manager would be happy if it was all over too.

Three seasons...

KABOUL...Harry was in, so perhaps he is right on Kaboul...that would bring in some dough.

ROBINSON...it's Spurs - hard at the best of times, worse when you have a player they want.

So is Kaboul off to Villa?

usual suspects?I presume you mean jermaine pennant,i would love the club to make a move for jaqoain i think he is a player that would get the fans off there seats a player in the duff mould exactly the type of player we need

I would like to see him too, plus we would be more likely to afford him as valencia have those financial troubles etc. I would like to see the club make a bid alongside robinson for Joe Lewis of Peterborough and maybe loan him back for the season!!!!!!!!

Archived