BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

hi guys, just got this text from a friend of a friend who works for blackburn medical staff

he has confirmed that firstly Bentley has come home from our tour and he was never injured nor does he have an injury!!! "

have you heard the same nicko???

Radio Lancs today said he has a hamstring problem. Wendy wouldn't tell untruths....surely?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NICKO,are rovers sounding out any possible replacements for bentley or does emerton signing a new contract suggest that ince sees him as a right winger?any more updates on the right back slot and are we any closer to agreeing a fee for robinson?

how much you lose on ht/ft ;)

It's not opinions though, it's points which arise directly from something Nicko has referred to in one of his posts. Rather than just hitting a quick reply and contributing to FOOTBALL DEBATE (isn't that the whole purpose??) it's now deemed necessary to contemplate "oh, should I post this in the Bentley/Friedel/Andrews/Villanueva etc thread? Or does this come under a new topic?" etc etc.

While it may be clumsily enforced and implemented at times, there's still a point to it. For me personally it doesn't matter much, as I'm good at sorting through pages quickly for anything worth reading (Helps having a rather big ignore list :)) and have the time and ability to access the site often. But for someone who comes here once every three days or so, or for those who have been without computer access for a while, it really is helpful having separate topics. They don't have to be super specialized, but not having everything in one thread really is of interest to everyone. Most of us aren't interested in every single topic being discussed on these forums.

It helps the FOOTBALL DEBATE as well, as when you're having six active conversations in one thread it can be difficult to follow the one(s) you're interested in.

My point here is that there is a need for some kind of organization. It can be improved from the way it is now, but complaining to the mods that it should be abolished will probably lead to nothing.

Nothing fresh tonight - just a round-up in the Mirror re the Bentley situation.

Could do with this one being put to bed.

I agree,bentley was a favourite of mine but the sooner he is sold the better,dont get me wrong i wish him well because i do think he is a talent but 17m is a good price and if ince can spend wisely i think we could have a much stronger outfit next season

Nicko, or anyone for that matter!Has there been any development on the carlos/Castillo transfers?

Just seems to be dragging a little, Are they training with the squad?I might sound a little im-patient but

ive seen things like this before then another team nicks in................ Roy <_< Keane anyone?

Nothing fresh tonight - just a round-up in the Mirror re the Bentley situation.

Could do with this one being put to bed.

Nicko can you honestly see Spurs paying the £17 million? I can't see them paying the whole amount now. Surely with our limited finances and the issue about Arsenal wanting their piece, we won't accept any offers unless they are the full amount.

Nicko can you honestly see Spurs paying the £17 million? I can't see them paying the whole amount now. Surely with our limited finances and the issue about Arsenal wanting their piece, we won't accept any offers unless they are the full amount.

Spurs are going to have to pay close to that figure...it sounds as if the manager has had enough of him by the chairman's quotes earlier about it being 'down to him.'

However the fee won't drop much from £17 million - if at all.

It's not an easy one to broker.

Nicko, or anyone for that matter!Has there been any development on the carlos/Castillo transfers?

Just seems to be dragging a little, Are they training with the squad?I might sound a little im-patient but

ive seen things like this before then another team nicks in................ Roy <_< Keane anyone?

Nicko said earlier the chilean is due on weds he wasnt sure about castillo and bentley has flown bk 2 england

Spurs are going to have to pay close to that figure...it sounds as if the manager has had enough of him by the chairman's quotes earlier about it being 'down to him.'

I can see them taking 14million for him!good riddance!really doin my head in now!

I don't think it would be that much of a disaster really if we kept Bentley another season.

It sounds to me like we are selling Bentley in order to buy a keeper and a right back. Whilst more competition would be nice Emerton does a decent job for me at right back and he works well with Bentley.

At the end of the day its up the manager, but if i was in his position i would tell Brad and Bentley they aint going anywhere. On paper having Bentley, Friedal, with the new players Castillo and Villaneuva looks strong on paper and would do me for the season.

I don't think it would be that much of a disaster really if we kept Bentley another season.

It sounds to me like we are selling Bentley in order to buy a keeper and a right back. Whilst more competition would be nice Emerton does a decent job for me at right back and he works well with Bentley.

At the end of the day its up the manager, but if i was in his position i would tell Brad and Bentley they aint going anywhere. On paper having Bentley, Friedal, with the new players Castillo and Villaneuva looks strong on paper and would do me for the season.

We cant keep players that are unhappy we must get the best possible price and move on,in an ideal world ince would keep both as they are excellent players but we dont live in an ideal world so hopefully ince can take the money and make us a stronger force next season

It sounds to me like we are selling Bentley in order to buy a keeper and a right back.

That's not why we're selling Bentley.

We're selling him because he wanted Champions' League football <-- Note the past tense.

When it quickly became clear that none of the Big 4 were going to buy him, he decided it was time to "further his career" by moving on - with Spurs the only club in the running. In my opinion White Hart Lane would be an absolutely awful destination for Bentley at this point in his career.

All that said, Bentley is good; but he's not THAT good.

If the eventual deal is £17m then we will have robbed Spurs blind. B)

Archived