BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Nicko,

Was just clinging on to a bit of hope that Bentley could stay.

More talk of Newcastle going in for Warnock this morning, I would be livid if he went there, hopefully it's rubbish.

Newcastle are in for Reyes apparently.

The Barcodes are great for a laugh. Warnock knows he can do better than them - staying with us for a start. As for Reyes, if he didn't like London I cant see him wandering around The Bigg Mrket in a skimpy T shirt in January.

Jesus.

Hi Nicko,

Was just wondering if you've heard any rumblings from the camp about the formation and style of football we're likely to be playing next season?

Will it be an attacking 4-4-2? I was kind of expecting a shift to 3-5-2, but the search for a right-back seems to negate that theory...

And in terms of style, does Ince want to implement the "pass-and-move" approach that he was brave enough to introduce in League Two?

Cheers again for all the info.

P.S. Is Villanueva here??

It's quite hard getting news feedback while the players are in Germany.

I think you will get clues about formation tonight - although it won't be precise until the new players arrive and are bedded in.

I think Brad's situation should be clearer by this time tomorrow...Villa still want him, but Rovers have to agree the Robinson deal.

I have no sightings of Villanueva or Castillo, but they will turn up when flights land - and I'm not being funny by saying that.

Sound of distant movement? Mind you, Mr Nixon,that its no wonder teams play hardball with Spurs.Levy and his chumps,dont make it any easier for other teams to negotiate with them.Robinson,at best should be going for 3.5mil and nothing more.i get the feeling that,they being difficult about it,because we not handing bentley over to them for a ridiculous fee.that they are offering.

Anything exciting happening elsewhere Nicko?

A lot of sagas moving on slowly...nowt fresh.

The big Latvian plays for Coyley tonight. See how long he lasts. Interesting that Rovers wanted him on trial when Mike Rigg was chief scout...

A lot of sagas moving on slowly...nowt fresh.

The big Latvian plays for Coyley tonight. See how long he lasts. Interesting that Rovers wanted him on trial when Mike Rigg was chief scout...

Strange that, particularly given that he doesn't appear to have been a regular for his club for a while.

Not too many Latvian league reserves turn up in the Prem.

This could mean Osorio is set for the exit door at Stuttgart, might be able to go in with a cheap bid if they need to get shot?

Stuttgart coach Armin Veh has revealed the Bundesliga club have agreed personal terms with Chelsea defender Khalid Boulahrouz.

The 26-year-old, whose stock rose considerably following his performances in Holland's Euro 2008 campaign, is expected to cost in the region of five million euros.

"He is just the man we were lacking," Veh told the Bild newspaper. "He is one who is not scared of getting involved when needed."

Anything in this Nicko?

EDIT: Near enough £4m to answer the below.

Reports in Spain claim Aston Villa have made an offer for Real Sociedad goalkeeper Asier Riesgo.

Diario Vasco claims that Villa, in search of a new goalkeeper, have targeted the 24-year-old who may be sold by Sociedad to assuage their mounting debts.

Setanta

:rover: the bentley injuries are so called so he does not pick up a injury,we will look idiots if some jim brannagan from germany breaks his leg,and we have to pay his wages for 6 months,won't we :brfc:

Good grief! Is that who Ince is looking at for the new right back slot? I've only just got my head around Ince going back in time for Robbie Fowler but Jim Bran?!

Archived