BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

sorensen is an awful keeper! Clanger after clanger!

Sorensen isn't an awful keeper in fairness. He can get very annoying as his one of those keepers who is unfortunately error prone, but I saw some of the best goalkeeping displays in my time as a Villa fan from this guy. When he's on form...he's on form! Worth a risk on a free even as a number 2.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nicko, according to your article today youve mentioned that "Castillo is going to arrive on similar on similar terms as Carlos Villaneuva, so is going to be another season long loan, so if you look at it we get both Villaneuva and Castillo in on loan we will have brought in 2 players without dipping into the transfer kitty

Loan fees for both = £1 million.

Full transfers for both [if work out] = £7 million eventually.

Wages for both = £1 million-plus a year.

So, very well-priced.

Loan fees for both = £1 million.

Full transfers for both [if work out] = £7 million eventually.

Wages for both = £1 million-plus a year.

So, very well-priced.

Nicko, has anything actually been agreed on either?

ive seen agents saying stuff chairman saying stuff but has pen been

put to paper?until then im worried because i saw someone talking about

Newcastle looking at Villanueva!hope theres no last minute bids!

Nicko, has anything actually been agreed on either?

ive seen agents saying stuff chairman saying stuff but has pen been

put to paper?until then im worried because i saw someone talking about

Newcastle looking at Villanueva!hope theres no last minute bids!

Villanueva is due over tomorrow. That has come from the Chilean end where it is massive news. The details all add up and appear accurate.

Castillo has confirmed that he is coming over too. He said he would not go on trial and the terms with him are being agreed.

BOTH have to have work permits, but will be allowed into Switzerland as they can join up with the players while that is being processed.

I don't see any snags on these two now...both have been hard to do, with lots of hurdles to leap, but there has been a lot of good work done here.

Not sure about this loan thing.. from the interview in the other post here it really does not sound like a loan deal is something the castillo would accept..

Castillo would not come on TRIAL like Rovers suggested...he won't bother if it is a loan-with-a-view deal either. I think that is how it is lined up, unless they are buying him outright. I suspect it is, like Villanueva, a loan-with-a-view.

Thanks Ozzie. We had a similar experience in a pre-season friendly in Darfur, East Lancs a couple of seasons ago. Here's a piccy of the young scally threatening a group of women and children from Bolton.

Do they all walk like that in Burnley?

I would love to say that he was immediately choked to death with a bag of crisps by the young lass in the stripey top - but he just got led away by the rozzers! :D

burnleyladwa1.th.gif

I would be delighted if someone had the technical nous to make that picture bigger, by the way! (Oh, and thanks Roversmum too!)

Our various encounters with the Dingles over the years are one of the main things I look back on with fond memories. They really have given me some laughs. The one you are referring to above is the last one, and one of the "milder" events. My own favourite is going to Turf Moor and coming from 2 down to beat them 2 -3, also at the same match (I think) our manager at the time, Jim Smith coming out at half time and conducting the Rovers choir on the Cricket Field End. Wondeful! Then of course every trip to the Turd had an eventful journey home through Rose Grove and Accrington and getting the car attacked along the way. Oh happy days! (sigh)

Villanueva is due over tomorrow. That has come from the Chilean end where it is massive news. The details all add up and appear accurate.

Castillo has confirmed that he is coming over too. He said he would not go on trial and the terms with him are being agreed.

BOTH have to have work permits, but will be allowed into Switzerland as they can join up with the players while that is being processed.

I don't see any snags on these two now...both have been hard to do, with lots of hurdles to leap, but there has been a lot of good work done here.

Castillo would not come on TRIAL like Rovers suggested...he won't bother if it is a loan-with-a-view deal either. I think that is how it is lined up, unless they are buying him outright. I suspect it is, like Villanueva, a loan-with-a-view.

So am i right in saying Castillo is a holding midfielder ala Viera makalele etc.?

And Villanueva likes to sit behind the strikers and find the holes and gaps?

I have only seen the youtube clips and you cant really get a good idea from them!

So your saying Castillo is not interested in a Trial or a Loan.

If Ince offers a Loan with view to buy, Castillo would turn us down? :rock:

Sounds like the Castillo deal could collapse then? I doubt Ince would gamble and sign him would he?

Sounds like the Castillo deal could collapse then? I doubt Ince would gamble and sign him would he?

I doubt that very much, I feel from reports that we will buy him outright.

I reckon Castillo will be a strong presence in midfield something we havent had for many a year. Vogel seems too lightweight to me and if I were Ince Id shift out Mokoena off the wage bill and sell him. Then our central midfield will finally look competitive. I suspect Villanueva will be considered to play left wing or behind the main striker. Potentially this is the most exciting summer in a while, whereas at least two "quality" players have been bought. Now if we get a right back and right winger it would have been a fantastic summer...

We have been thin in the quality of certain positions for far too long...

NO...he wouldn't come on TRIAL. He has won 30-odd caps and played in World Cups. A TRIAL is an insult. A loan with a view to a full time deal isn't.

I am sure a loan with view to purchase is acceptable to him..It would be to almost every player.

Cant wait to see him in action.

Any chance Castillo could play tomorrow?

Or is he going to meet up in the Algarve?

Like mentioned above if these signings go through it will be a very

successful summer! This time last week we had fowler and everyone

and their dog were leaving us, If we add Belletti and Bentleys replacement (if/when he goes)

we would be a lot stronger than last season!

I don't see any snags on these two (Castillo & Villaneuva) now...both have been hard to do, with lots of hurdles to leap, but there has been a lot of good work done here.

A lot of good work - by agents - exploiting the cavernous knowledge gap at football clubs.

Next time anyone's thinking of slagging off agents, you might want to remind yourself of these two transfers.

Nicko, do you agree with me that whilst this agent-induced transfer policy has its merits (especially when you've just appointed a lower league manager whose radar is infested with Macclesfield and Darlington players)... it is not the ideal way to go about recruitment. Something tells me that if an agent rang up Wenger with a name, Wenger would say.."I know the guy's inside-leg measurement, the name of his second cousin twice removed, his primary school PE report...aside from his football ability. No thanks."

Any chance Castillo could play tomorrow?

Or is he going to meet up in the Algarve?

Like mentioned above if these signings go through it will be a very

successful summer! This time last week we had fowler and everyone

and their dog were leaving us, If we add Belletti and Bentleys replacement (if/when he goes)

we would be a lot stronger than last season!

I think they will be able to train if they go to Germany, but I would be amazed if either Castillo or Villanueva were allowed to play without a work permit being agreed...I would also be interested to know where they are having their medicals which they also need to go through,

A lot of good work - by agents - exploiting the cavernous knowledge gap at football clubs.

Next time anyone's thinking of slagging off agents, you might want to remind yourself of these two transfers.

Nicko, do you agree with me that whilst this agent-induced transfer policy has its merits (especially when you've just appointed a lower league manager whose radar is infested with Macclesfield and Darlington players)... it is not the ideal way to go about recruitment. Something tells me that if an agent rang up Wenger with a name, Wenger would say.."I know the guy's inside-leg measurement, the name of his second cousin twice removed, his primary school PE report...aside from his football ability. No thanks."

Paul Ince will know a midfield player when he sees on...either on a tape, TV or in the flesh. I trust his judgement on this.

Because of the time-frame he is working in there is NO problem signing a player off a tape.

BOTH are coming on loan-with-a-view it seems, so there is not much downside to this at all.

Arsenal have signed some shockers too, by the way.

I think they will be able to train if they go to Germany, but I would be amazed if either Castillo or Villanueva were allowed to play without a work permit being agreed...I would also be interested to know where they are having their medicals which they also need to go through,

Why Hoffenheim health centre of course! :tu:

Well definitly exciting times.. I do wonder if ince is playing with us, excite us (keeping players), bemuse us (fowler and Brad), excite us (castle and carlos), bemuse us (Andrews, Bentley, Brad), excite us (the replacements).. arg at least it will be interesting.. :)

I am impressed with his signings or at least targets though (bar Fowler).. I am impressed at the end of the day we have not spent much so still have cash, we actualy have real competition for places.. and we look stronger by far this time than last year...

makes me wonder if the delays to the brad and Bents deals have been so Ince can show his ambition to them.. hmm he has said he does not want them to leave.. look at the spuds hell we have signed players with reputations without selling ourselves (yet), and definitly not gone into panic mode (unlike the spuds).. Would bentley leave for a team that he feels will finish lower? Food for thought I guess

Paul Ince will know a midfield player when he sees on...either on a tape, TV or in the flesh. I trust his judgement on this.

Because of the time-frame he is working in there is NO problem signing a player off a tape.

BOTH are coming on loan-with-a-view it seems, so there is not much downside to this at all.

Arsenal have signed some shockers too, by the way.

Nicko, after the year loan is up and our two signings are brilliant can they only sign for us or can they be poached by other clubs, i.e. if their heads are turned and would rather sign for a bigger club?

Nicko, after the year loan is up and our two signings are brilliant can they only sign for us or can they be poached by other clubs, i.e. if their heads are turned and would rather sign for a bigger club?

Obviously I have absolutely no idea at all, but am guessing there would either be a pre agreed thing or that you'd have the first option over all other teams? Dunno, we had first option on Carson (not that it meant anything when we were quoted 10m), but cause it was a loan we had the priority over the other teams.

If they come to you and have a good season on loan then loan players tend to want to sign up.

As a neutral didn't expect these types of signing from Blackburn when I saw Fowler/Andrews etc rumours I feared the worst for a club I don't mind too much...but this looks pretty ambitious and interesting from Ince.

Obviously I have absolutely no idea at all, but am guessing there would either be a pre agreed thing or that you'd have the first option over all other teams? Dunno, we had first option on Carson (not that it meant anything when we were quoted 10m), but cause it was a loan we had the priority over the other teams.

If they come to you and have a good season on loan then loan players tend to want to sign up.

As a neutral didn't expect these types of signing from Blackburn when I saw Fowler/Andrews etc rumours I feared the worst for a club I don't mind too much...but this looks pretty ambitious and interesting from Ince.

:tu: He's seeing the light! hes slowly but surely becoming a rover!

Archived