BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

Nicko, you have said Villa really wanted Brad for todays game. They didn´t get him. But he is still moving? Also Robinson should be only cover for Rovers. Do you know has Ince even concidered Cudicini, Foster or any others. Brown could be worth of chance too. For right back Finnan is still available..

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any chance this Brad situation will end up like Stevie G to Chelsea?

Lot of tears and heartache, seemingly done deal, and then a U-turn and he says it was all a big misunderstanding and he thought the club didn't want him?

Give Brad a £1m (difference in the two wages on offer for 12 months or there abouts) and a 3rd year on contract and the option of a coaching position at the end.

Everyone comes out of it with some credibility, Brad gets some more cash, and we get to see a legend see out his days at Ewood.

Sorted.

Is there any chance this Brad situation will end up like Stevie G to Chelsea?

Lot of tears and heartache, seemingly done deal, and then a U-turn and he says it was all a big misunderstanding and he thought the club didn't want him?

Give Brad a £1m (difference in the two wages on offer for 12 months or there abouts) and a 3rd year on contract and the option of a coaching position at the end.

Everyone comes out of it with some credibility, Brad gets some more cash, and we get to see a legend see out his days at Ewood.

Sorted.

£1 million? When we can buy a League Two player with the same amount?

Don't be so silly... <_<

Nicko, going on other transfers such as the spiderman chappy joining the Toon, how long do you reckon these work-permits will take to sort?

I, as im sure other on here are rather concerned someone else will bid on Carlos before the work permit comes through... It all feels a little too good to be true, and i think were all anticipating something going wrong? :(

Any idea what role Andrews is supposed to play, will he be a squad player in midfield? Can he play in other positions? Vogel is here, David Dunn, Mokoena and Reid - and Ince seems to fancy bringing in both the two South Americans as well. I have no knowledge of him at all, but from his goalscoring record, he's not replacing Mokoena as the defensive cover?

My opinion is that Ince got on very well with him and made a promise he couldn't keep and now we are trying to wiggle out and Andrews is trying to save face.

Am I close?

Nicko, going on other transfers such as the spiderman chappy joining the Toon, how long do you reckon these work-permits will take to sort?

I, as im sure other on here are rather concerned someone else will bid on Carlos before the work permit comes through... It all feels a little too good to be true, and i think were all anticipating something going wrong? :(

As far as I know we've agreed a fee and a deal with the player, so I don't think any other clubs can come in for him as he's accepted our contract offer. May be wrong though.

As far as I know we've agreed a fee and a deal with the player, so I don't think any other clubs can come in for him as he's accepted our contract offer. May be wrong though.

We all pray this is the case, as the cat is certainly rampaging out of the bag right now if it is not so.

Can not wait to hear the clarification on this.

If he is only on loan with no options I will be madder than a bulldog crapping peach seeds.

yeah, thats what i was thinking too. Players can only accept one contract, and seemingly he has accepted ours.

Am actually really pleased with Ince over this one. Think he could provide that extra bit of flair that the squad has been missing. Hopefully the signing of a flair player shows up Ince's intentions for the squad. Lets hope for some beatutiful football!

Im also really please with the type of deal we've offered. It means that we can hold some hope that if Villanueva turns out to be a legend, we'll at least hold onto him for two seasons instead of being concerned that one of the big 4 will rob him in a seasons time.

Nicko i have heard a few whispers about Warnock coming for talks with Newcastle next week if we can agree a fee we are a little way of your acceptable price but an agreement is expected to happen soon. You heard anything about this?

Also heard Bentley to Spurs deal is basically done.

As far as im aware, unless he had put pen to paper, he is still free to talk to other clubs... I dont think he can put pen to paper unless a work permit is issued...

In other news, just been told their are a couple of Rovers scouts at the Wisla vs Liverpool game...? <_<

Nicko i have heard a few whispers about Warnock coming for talks with Newcastle next week if we can agree a fee we are a little way of your acceptable price but an agreement is expected to happen soon. You heard anything about this?

... and i was told last week that Rovers officials had told Newcastle officials that Warnock was not for sale... Not for any less then 6 million anyway!

Excuse me. Oh, alright then. Let me see, what did you offer? Another £18m should just about do it. :angry: Cheek!

Excuse me. Oh, alright then. Let me see, what did you offer? Another £18m should just about do it. :angry: Cheek!

We offered around 3 million which was rejected ( cant believe we bid that low) we then tried at 5 and are trying to deal at 6-7 million which is a fair price

Warnock won't go unless the price gets big...and Newcastle seem to have snags doing deals at that level just now.

Bentley to Spurs is a few million quid away from happening...and Tottenham seem to have snags doing deals at that level just now.

Only Sunderland and throwing silly money around right now.

But it's a madness that might spread.

Is the same rumour that Andy Carroll will be a swap for Warnock?

You are as bad as Spurs fans

That rumour is not true would be great for us if it was

Why am i as bad as Spurs fans i am only reporting what i have heard dont expect it to happen but think 6-7 million is a fair price

Warnock won't go unless the price gets big...and Newcastle seem to have snags doing deals at that level just now.

Bentley to Spurs is a few million quid away from happening...and Tottenham seem to have snags doing deals at that level just now.

Only Sunderland and throwing silly money around right now.

But it's a madness that might spread.

How big we talking? I have heard 6-7 million we talking bigger?

I think Warnock is certainly interested in coming.

We offered around 3 million which was rejected ( cant believe we bid that low) we then tried at 5 and are trying to deal at 6-7 million which is a fair price

Do you think though, at this stage of his career, when he is looking to break into the England scene on a regular basis, that Warnock would consider a step down to join Newcastle? Surely he'd be better off staying at a top 10 club?

That's exactly why you are as bad as spurs fans. They make stuff up like this as well. On what grounds can you make a statement such as that?

What i am saying is that we would not be going back in for him if we hadnt been given encouragment that he was interested in joining.

Maybe he just wants more money which wont happen anyway as we are cutting backing on paying out huge wages.

Like i said not saying he will join or my club is bigger than yours if he did go i wouldnt really see it as a forward step for him at the minute but we certainly have potential to get back up the league

Do you think though, at this stage of his career, when he is looking to break into the England scene on a regular basis, that Warnock would consider a step down to join Newcastle? Surely he'd be better off staying at a top 10 club?

The doctors bill for nasal damage due to Coke Zero erosion will be coming to you.

I am glad we are looked down upon, it makes the distance greater when we look down upon them.

Rovers are saying Warnock is not for sale at any price and there is zero press coverage suggesting otherwise so this NUFC stuff seems complete rubbish. Offering £2m then £3m then 5m then £6m then £7m suggests you guys are a bunch of jokers who don't know what you are doing. Why would Warnock be interested in dropping from the top half of the Prem to a cash-strapped club with problems anyway?

How big we talking? I have heard 6-7 million we talking bigger?

I think Warnock is certainly interested in coming.

Hmm, one of the best left backs (possibly the most difficult position to fill well) in the country who happens to be English. Plenty of time left on his contract. A club that doesn't want to sell.

How big are we talking? I would say big enough so that no club will pay it...

For starters anyway.

What a question. He wanted the player, why else does someone bid for a player. If your a Nicko fan then you'll see our bid was pretty good, it got turned down so we didn't wana blow a ton of money on him so fair enough, we look at other targets. Happens all the time in this league.

Am really not bothered where Bentley goes, he's a showboater with a @#/? attitude who's shat on all of you when you adored him...bit like Barry.

I am becoming less interested in who anyone outside the top 4 signs anyway, as soon as we get a good player they will come calling and we will always sell to them cause the player will always want out. @#/? being a little team isn't it.

Just because you don't look to be getting Bentley, you don't need to throw a hissy fit or go over the top in your criticism. That's our prerogative. Not everyone here "adored " Bentley anyway and some posters here were not at all surprised by his Sky interview. However, for the majority of time we've had him, his attitude hasn't been a problem. A bit of arrogance is a good thing. Just a reminder, a top 4 team have come calling for your player and so far you haven't sold him.

Archived