BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

Ithink where better with the loan deal to be honest, if he turns out to be another Grabbi (very unlikely) then we've wasted another £6/7million

If he does well, sign him at the end of the season with one those "view to a permanent move" written into his loan contract.

He's only worth £3.5m according to nicko which is a bargain seeing what hes achieved so far and he still only 22!!

Heres the full article from their official website for our spanish speakers, translation would be handy ;)

http://audaxitaliano.cl/blog/2008/07/18/%c...-rovers-ingles/

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As its been reported most of the afternoon!!! We have agreed the fee, but looks like we still need to agree personal terms and then get a work permit for him.

Be so glad if we sign him - he looks a real prospect

I've ran the blog on their website through a translator and if its correct it looks like its a year long loan deal with the option to buy at the end of it.

I quote:

"Audax Italiano agreement this morning with the club stipulates that British the loan for one year from poultry, with a purchase option after that period."

Theres also an interview with the player, i've posted what the translator made of it on the Villaneuva thread. You can make some of it out.

As its been reported most of the afternoon!!! We have agreed the fee, but looks like we still need to agree personal terms and then get a work permit for him.

How do you work that out? Agree personal terms, - it's done.

And the reports this afternoon didn't include quotes from anywhere.

What do you mean we have agreed a fee, were taking him on loan for the season :blink:

The deal is a one-year loan with a view to a permanent move next summer.

There is an interview with him on Audax's site, where he says the usual stuff about being very happy to join Blackburn but he hasn't had time yet to look them up on the internet.

He hopes to make his stay permanent and wants to play in Europe for many years.

I've ran the blog on their website through a translator and if its correct it looks like its a year long loan deal with the option to buy at the end of it.

I quote:

"Audax Italiano agreement this morning with the club stipulates that British the loan for one year from poultry, with a purchase option after that period."

:lol:

I hope Spurs report United in the same way that United have reported Madrid for the Ronaldo saga :lol:

That would see Fergie spit his dummy out :lol:

I know its slightly off topic but seeing as you mentioned it, apparently, they have! According to aforementioned transfer clock thingy on Sky sports, it reported that they have reported Liverpool and United LMAO!

Lifted from that transfer clock thingy....

"19.50 Liverpool and Manchester United have been reported to the Premier League by Tottenham Hotspur following their respective interest in Robbie Keane and Dimitar Berbatov. Spurs say the situation has led to both players expressing a wish to leave the club for Liverpool and United respectively." Bless hahaha

My only worry on this front is that IF Spuds are serious about Bentley and they don't raise enough cash with the Sunderland lot, they will probably need to sell one of those in order to find the cash and in doing this maybe this has hampered the chances of these transfers happening?

On to the Villaneuva thing, Surely we wouldn't agree a loan deal without some sort of future fee fixed in place! last thing we need is to get this lad playing his socks off for us and then one of the supposed big teams nab him from us!

Nicko, is there any further developments on the RB front? or even the RM front?

What do you mean we have agreed a fee, were taking him on loan for the season :blink:

Christ you're really hung up on this...

1) There is often a fee involved with a loan, even if there's no option to buy. Villa paid a loan fee for Carson, United are paying one for Tevez etc.

2) Since there is a buy option involved, that fee will have to be agreed as well.

i wont ask you to share names, unless you want to ;) but is the fella in the sort of skill bracket we should be looking at?

I believe the player in question might have been on the list of players we were considering. He was recently released from his club on a free transfer.

He is a central midfielder in the mid 20's age bracket...

Considering the amount of transfer activity thats going on, id be very suprised if we persued him to be honest.

Nicko didnt sound too impressed by 'the player' but i think we were watching him. Just waiting on Nicko's research right now... :lol:

jorge zamorano on 18 Julio, 2008 at 16:28 #

bueno no por que hubo tantas especulaciones siendo que villanueva es un jugador con una calidad enorme ………tenia meritos de sobra para jugar en europa me alegro que se haya caido su tranferencia a la real sociedad por que ese club ya no es lo que antes era ademas de la 2 division ..este equipo es mucho mejor chaooooooooo me alegro aguante piña

Looking at Den's link, I checked out some of the numerous commentary ---while all of it is very positive and the lad will leave many saddened supporters in his wake, I thought this comment on the Audax site hits the nail on the head:

He clearly merits playing in europe, i'm glad that his transfer to Real Sociedad had fallen thru since that club is NOT what it once was, especially now that

they're in the 2nd. Division. This club (Blackburn Rovers) is a much better setup. Goodbye Pineapple (Villanueva's nickname), we are very happy for you.

--My guess is that the 'pineapple' has to do with Charlie Newhouse's funny shaped head, a bit like a pineapple.

When San Lorenzo de Almagro (BA) was looking to reinforce itself for the 2008 Copa Libertadores, they looked to purchase this lad, but the 3.5 valuation

(dollars at the time) was a bit too steep for SL's reactionary president. This lad played well in the first round of the competition, so well that his performance

put him on Bielsa's national setup. Right around the time that Audax failed to pass into the second round of the Copa, the club had a bit of a strop at a Bielsa call up and that was the last time he figured in the Natioonal team's plan... that was sometime in april or may I believe.

I can't wait to see this lad in the white/blue playing in the hole behind Roque and Bennie. Good times.

I don't think Mental O' Neil actually has much cash without a sale. The guy is beginning to look odder by the minute.

He just isn't an idiot, why spend 17m on Bentley when he is totally not worth that. Am aware of what we're doing with Barry and all that, so I know and understand Blackburns stance, but in the end its a bunch of mugs who signs the cocky ###### for that type of money and Spurs can happily be that bunch of mugs, I don't want him at my club for 17m...esp when I have a winger i rate higher already....in fact as I said plenty of times on that website, I don't particularly want him at Villa full stop, why sign someone who'll prob beg to leave us in a year or so if we don't look like top four.

'Mental O'Neill' spends the money like it's his own, it's frustrating but it's a good approach.

I guess the two South Americans will be subject of Rovers SMSs when they are at the Rovers camp in Germany- not been unknown for players to get "lost" during their journey.

It looks like Rovers have made a significant stride to sort out the biggest weakness of last season - central midfield which cost us countless points- and have not put too great a hole in the transfer funds in the process. I am guessing but perhaps £1m of the eventual fee for Villanueva being handed over for the loan and £4m for Castillo leaving a reasonable amount in Ince's hands to top up the Robinson transfer if it ever happens and still be able do more business at a sensible Premiership price level without selling.

If David Bentley sobers up long enough to look at the real world this morning, he might realise that the Rovers are a better bet footballing wise for European qualification in 08/9 than pinging in crosses to an absent forwards line at Spuds.

Having reflected on nicko's early eleven o'clocker last night, the reality remains there is a £5m gap between Spurs and Rovers on Bentley which Spuds are trying to fill with inconsequential froth but the interesting question is- have Spurs agreed to Robinson at £3.5m now or was that part of nicko's report journalistic assumption?

Rovers have no option but to hang very very tough on the Bentley £17m cash price (JW's own words remember) irrespective of the keeper situation. With Spurs at serious risk (two thirds self-inflicted) of losing all their forwards, they are bound to think of RSC so the more unpleasant JW makes dealing with Rovers over Bentley, the more hesitant Spurs will be to mess with us again.

Absolutely delighted if Villanueva was sorted out so quickly yesterday...good job I wrote it when I did then. :lol:

If this is a loan deal with a guaranteed option then all hail to the negotiators. Terrific business.

I don't think personal terms are even an issue and the work permit should be OK.

Keep watching the videos of the lad and he looks some player. Brilliant. He IS quite small and it will take a bit of juggling to get him into the side, but you make space for top talent and he could just be extra special.

And it's always nice to see a 1 in 20 land. ;)

As for Bentley...those are the figures to the best of my knowledge and I am quite confident they are accurate.

Robinson is in the deal and is valued at £3.5 million. I still think they should try seperate deals, makes it less complicated. But what do I know?

are you expecing a busy week for clubs next week Nicko?

Things are starting to roll all over the place. Last week was wild, this week could be the same.

Bosses start to panic, gaps have to be filled.

But there is definitely a lot of 'one in one out' stuff going on which suggests that many clubs have to run on tight budgets.

Things are starting to roll all over the place. Last week was wild, this week could be the same.

Bosses start to panic, gaps have to be filled.

But there is definitely a lot of 'one in one out' stuff going on which suggests that many clubs have to run on tight budgets.

Do you think this spurs reporting liverpool and man u will have any effect on happenings?

what is our tranfer budget compared to villa, everton and other clubs around us?

Rovers have no option but to hang very very tough on the Bentley £17m cash price (JW's own words remember) irrespective of the keeper situation. With Spurs at serious risk (two thirds self-inflicted) of losing all their forwards, they are bound to think of RSC so the more unpleasant JW makes dealing with Rovers over Bentley, the more hesitant Spurs will be to mess with us again.

Thankfully we still have JW, as all this must be a sharp learning curve for Ince.

As he said, he is learning all the time.

I guess JW is doing a lot of hand holding.

Nicko - do you know if we still plan to sign a Right back and Right winger if Bentley goes? Have you any names as to who they are? They any good?

Right back definitely - several being watched in the coming weeks. I'll hold that back or I am going to run out of 11 o'clockers. :lol:

Right wing probably - if there is cash left for the right one or Bentley leaves. Some names being discussed, but nobody in the class of the 'one that got away' last week.

Still, it's been a good few days I would have said.

And, coming soon, Robbie Fowler smashes a hat-trick on Monday to remind everyone that he has something to offer.

Funny how the Fowler furore has hardly had a mention a week on. Makes you think.

It's all about timing...

Is that a hint to a certain, new arrival, KA

No.

A week ago Fowler was brought to the club and there was an outcry. It 'looked' wrong, but I pointed out that there were other deals going on that would have to be sorted first.

Fowler HAD to be brought in before everyone else because he needed to come for training.

THAT was just a matter of timing.

Fowler also happened at a time when Brad and Bentley were at the centre of bidding battles, so things looked a bit bleak.

Now - with the names of targets coming out and deals being done - everything looks better...and no-one is bothered about the Fowler thing any more.

It's a funny old game.

The same applies to Andrews. If you get two or three shiny new signings it won't mean a slaughtering if an MK Dons player arrives as part of the whole package.

No.

A week ago Fowler was brought to the club and there was an outcry. It 'looked' wrong, but I pointed out that there were other deals going on that would have to be sorted first.

Fowler HAD to be brought in before everyone else because he needed to come for training.

THAT was just a matter of timing.

Fowler also happened at a time when Brad and Bentley were at the centre of bidding battles, so things looked a bit bleak.

Now - with the names of targets coming out and deals being done - everything looks better...and no-one is bothered about the Fowler thing any more.

It's a funny old game.

The same applies to Andrews. If you get two or three shiny new signings it won't mean a slaughtering if an MK Dons player arrives as part of the whole package.

Steady On there Nicko, I forgot the smiley at the end.

Although the link to KA came as a big shock.

Ince, knows more about football, than I ever will.

Live by the sword, die by the sword, as they say.

Archived