BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

Brad Friedel is NOT on a plane to Denmark, by the way.

That one will have to be sorted out next week.

Details on Bentley, Robinson and the Spurs Gang of Four in the 11 o'clocker.

Andrews would not cost much...in the scheme of things.

Interesting different views on this one from Rovers and MK Dons today.

:(

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one that feels we have made a pact with the devil having Nicko on here ? :rolleyes:

His info is remarkably accurate - and unlike some posters I am willing to accept that what doesn't come to fruition is just the cut and thrust of bargaining between clubs and agents.

However - previously we would never have seen much of this gossip until reading in the papers - especially some of the back ground he has provided that doesn't make the press. Personally I feel a nervous reck - two star south american players - will they join, will we be gazumpped, Brad will he beat the Friday deadline, Bentley will he ... (actually I am getting to the point I don't care about that one), surely we won't sign Andrews - I can't take it much more. Its like being an addict - but like most on here I'll be logged on at 11 :rover:

Am I the only one that feels we have made a pact with the devil having Nicko on here ? :rolleyes:

His info is remarkably accurate - and unlike some posters I am willing to accept that what doesn't come to fruition is just the cut and thrust of bargaining between clubs and agents.

However - previously we would never have seen much of this gossip until reading in the papers - especially some of the back ground he has provided that doesn't make the press. Personally I feel a nervous reck - two star south american players - will they join, will we be gazumpped, Brad will he beat the Friday deadline, Bentley will he ... (actually I am getting to the point I don't care about that one), surely we won't sign Andrews - I can't take it much more. Its like being an addict - but like most on here I'll be logged on at 11 :rover:

My family have me down as an official addict nowadays. However, i do intend to return to normal soon. 5 weeks in France should do it. It cured me of Coronation street so I'm sure it can get me off Nicko's thread.

Hmmmm <_< ...you trying to tell us that that one may be off now Alan? :rover:

Paul Ince has contacted both MK Dons and Keith Andrews...listen to Di Matteo confirm it.

However if you read this morning's 'news management' in the LET it has only been discussed in the Rovers corridors of power.

So somebody is fibbing or Di Matteo has big ears.

nothing on rovers sitre yet about the so called "loan deal" for villaneavu, nicko you said in the mirror today that rovers were looking to pull of a £3.5million swoop for him, does it still stand at that. It makes me sick that a player of his quality is not tied up in the bag and is coming on a season long, that according to our very realiable skysports <_<

Interesting how uninformed gossip when everyone was an expert has now switched to informed gossip where we all wait with baited breath for the next nugget. My concerns are these.

With the hundreds of thousands of Rovers fans now flocking to the site from around the world , can the server manage.

I am also concerned that Nickos thread will become pay per view with awful Setanta ads dotted around the edges.

Now that BRFCS .com is the only go to site on the web, with rival fans flocking to it asking for information and even being polite to us, will this mean a new logo for the site and large salaries being demanded by those who manage it so well .

Come to think of it Nickos thread sounds a great name for an indie band,perhaps we should trademark it.

You have to realise that these reports are coming from Chile...and seem a bit vague.

Things get lost in translation.

I will be shocked if a loan deal has been struck without some form of long-term guarantees about a full-time move.

If Rovers have got the kid on loan with a view it is a master-stroke.

However I can't see his club settling for that arrangement. They thought they had £4 million coming a couple of weeks ago...why just loan him out?

Puzzled by this info.

Really?

Like someone said earlier, what if he does well and then a top 4 side snap him up? We wouldn't make any profit and lose a quality player.

A loan with a view means you control the deal. Like Bentley, like Valencia at Wigan. As long as you have the first option to buy.

But, as I say, I would be shocked if Rovers have struck this deal so fast.

I hope they have - for obvious reasons.

You have to realise that these reports are coming from Chile...and seem a bit vague.

Things get lost in translation.

I will be shocked if a loan deal has been struck without some form of long-term guarantees about a full-time move.

If Rovers have got the kid on loan with a view it is a master-stroke.

However I can't see his club settling for that arrangement. They thought they had £4 million coming a couple of weeks ago...why just loan him out?

Puzzled by this info.

Surely that would not be good for us - if he's a big hit he'd be off to one of the "big 4" or an even massiver club like Spurs in 12 months?

Ooops............just seen what you wrote nicko, but what if the player has a burster, gets all Bentleyfied and decides Blackburn is beneath his station. Surely an option is only useful if the player WANTS to join?

Surely that would not be good for us - if he's a big hit he'd be off to one of the "big 4" or an even massiver club like Spurs in 12 months?

Well its risk assessment.

If a trial is not an option, an unfettered loan with a view to sign the player in the next couple of weeks if he looks good is an alternative.

As far as signing him goes - Ince would be a nutter if he signed him without meeting him! To me loaning him with a view to sign him in the next two weeks is the angle Rovers are going for. I doubt once he is on loan we will be gazumped in the first month as we will have his ear.

The main concern would be that if his club get wind there is substantial interest they will substantially up the fee. I think thats what happend with the little guy at Brum.

Not a great source, but the Birmingham Post claim that O'Neil has pulled his interest in Bentley:

http://www.birminghampost.net/midlands-bir...65233-21367594/

Meanwhile, Villa have ended their attempt to sign Bentley after a reported £10 million offer was turned down by the Ewood Park club.

“I will tell you we put an offer in for Bentley which we thought was fair but it was rejected,” added O’Neill.

“This was a long time ago and we’ve not pursued that since so we’re moving on.

“We’ve got outer people we would be very keen to bring to the football club, all pretty decent players.”

Not a great source, but the Birmingham Post claim that O'Neil has pulled his interest in Bentley:

Meanwhile, Villa have ended their attempt to sign Bentley after a reported £10 million offer was turned down by the Ewood Park club.

“I will tell you we put an offer in for Bentley which we thought was fair but it was rejected,” added O’Neill.

“We’ve got outer people we would be very keen to bring to the football club, all pretty decent players.”

Im getting more convinced Bentley will be at Rovers come the end of August. His only route out is Spurs.

O'Neill released that story becuase Bentley said straight up that he was not interested in joining Villa.

yeh i read that earlier, he thought £10million was a fair amount for bentely :rolleyes:

"I will tell you we put an offer in for Bentley which we thought was fair but it was rejected," added O'Neill.

"This was a long time ago and we've not pursued that since so we're moving on.

"We've got outer people we would be very keen to bring to the football club, all pretty decent players."

So...

The 'Villa bid' referred to by Paul Ince after the Macclesfield game was, in fact, weeks old. I took a slaughtering for saying that at the time I seem to recall.

And, yes, Villa HAVE moved on.

Check in at 11 o'clock.

Archived