BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What happens to Derbyshire then and dont forget we have Roberts? I know Id pick Roberts over Fowler any damn day.

We're bound to pick up injuries at some point, and in any event why shouldn't we have three attacking options on the bench on occasion at home?

We'd certainly have at least two out of seven subs be strikers, so to have only one miss out on a place in the squad isn't exaclty going to be too hard of a pill to swallow (especially if it's Fowler).

I can't believe Newcastle think £2m is anywhere near enough for Warnock. He's an England international for cyring out loud.

We all know that the only reason they bid that much for Warnock is to try and unsettle him. Its the cowardly way less successfull teams try and poach smaller more successfull teams players.

Look at Real Madrid with regards to C.Ronaldo. Make a very public noisey bid in the hope that the player will become unsettled and publically state his desire to leave...

I'm starting to like where Ince is looking for players. I know that Hughes was good at finding deals, but I always felt that he never really looked "outside of the box". What I mean by that is that, with the exception of Nelsen, we signed all of our players from Western European nations. Good to see us really looking around.

Well I think that is partly down to the fact that Spakry has a very strict signing policy. ALL the players who came to Rovers in his reign had either 1) had a trail 2) Played under Hughes before 3) been watched extensively by our scouts.

Taking a more relaxed approach does free us up to look at players further afield, but also must increase the chances of us picking up a "Grabbi".

Villenuava and Castillo do look like quality players but it would be to great advantage of the club if we can see them in action on our pitches, with our players.

Then why are we remotely interested in Robinson :angry: Could it be that Robinson is a great pal of Eric Steele. I notice that on the 'Eric Steele Goalkeeping Services' website that it is none other than Robinson who is pictured in the coaching demonstrations where he is described as 'England Number 1'. Clearly Mr. Steele has a sense of humour :rolleyes: Sadly, I find nothing remotely funny about losing Brad and signing Robinson. So, that's one position that we will be weaker in this season.

But Robinson has had more clean sheets with a leakier defence in the past 4 seasons.

This is an amazing deal.

See you later Brad, welcome Robinson!

I hope we get him

I just write the stories - other people have to do the deals.

I know, wasn't meant as a stab at you at all :)

Can you answer this though: Villanueva has been linked with Man City too. Has he been scouted previously by Hughes and his team? Just wondering if our summer targets are Ince's work or if he 'inherited' a shortlist (and obviously modified it some).

nicko, according to the LET article on fridel is says " In the last 48 hours, Rovers have rejected bids from both clubs for the in-demand 37-year-old, who only signed a new two-year deal in February".

Was this the bid you mentioned at the start of the week that villa made which was £2m

also an update on castillo and andrews in todays LET

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...ok_at_Castillo/ -lets not screw this one JW

So...will Brad Friedel sign for Villa today or do Villa go ahead and register the current goalkeeper?

presumably they'll register the current one regardless. And the answer to whether you will get Friedel today would have to be ask spurs.

nicko, according to the LET article on fridel is says " In the last 48 hours, Rovers have rejected bids from both clubs for the in-demand 37-year-old, who only signed a new two-year deal in February".

Was this the bid you mentioned at the start of the week that villa made which was £2m

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...ok_at_Castillo/ -lets not screw this one JW

Andrews.

Since then the matter has never been discussed between us, and we have certainly not contacted, let alone agreed anything, with MK Dons.”

Thats a relief.

But Robinson has had more clean sheets with a leakier defence in the past 4 seasons.

This is an amazing deal.

See you later Brad, welcome Robinson!

I hope we get him

Paying £3.5 million or more for Robinson is not my idea of an amazing deal. We lose one of the top three 'keepers in the Premier League and replace him with a 'keeper from Tottenham who, towards the end of last season, was unable to dislodge of 'keeper who Tottenham have sinced moved on to QPR.

Robinson is a huge gamble. The hope being that they can restore his confidence and thus enable him to find his form. If he doesn't we will be stuck with a dodgy 'keeper and very little in way of experienced backup. If Ince wants Robinson, bring him in as cover but not instead of Brad.

I understand that Villa are prepared to pay more to Rovers and Brad than Man City.

The trouble remains Tottenham and their Robinson valuation.

I think they risk losing Castillo if they go on about the trial thing.

Andrews has been told that Rovers are coming in for him...I won't go into further detail, if you know what I mean.

Totally blind sided and wrong on that one. The player looks great, I see he has played for his country 12 times and scored 1 (cracker of a free kick too).

Nicko can we be sure that his international appearances will be enough for a work permit?

I would be very excited indeed to watch him play in the blue and white. Come on Wince make it happen.

Paying £3.5 million or more for Robinson is not my idea of an amazing deal. We lose one of the top three 'keepers in the Premier League and replace him with a 'keeper from Tottenham who, towards the end of last season, was unable to dislodge of 'keeper who Tottenham have sinced moved on to QPR.

Robinson is a huge gamble. The hope being that they can restore his confidence and thus enable him to find his form. If he doesn't we will be stuck with a dodgy 'keeper and very little in way of experienced backup. If Ince wants Robinson, bring him in as cover but not instead of Brad.

He's only a gamble in the sense that Brad was when he arrived. If you recall after his spell at Liverpool, there was an air of "dodgy keeper" about him. Heck, I'm sure if I could be bothered searching and it goes back that far there are probably some posts on this site saying something very similar to you. Obviously I'd rather keep Brad but if he wants to go then I'm happy with Robinson as a replacement

There could be some progress in the Tottenham/Bentley/Robinson situation.

The Gang of Four sent back from Spain are now thinking about meeting Sunderland after all...money talks etc.

So Daniel Levy will have a few more quid to spend on Bentley which HE has tied into the Robinson deal. Rovers just wanted the keeper.

It's messy, but if Spurs get more cash then you should get your £17 million valuation on Bentley.

We've lost one or two like that before and there was an article by Samba in the LT a while back saying he nearly walked out on us before he was talked round into playing one extra trial match.

All very well being cautious but there is a balance.

I understand that Villa are prepared to pay more to Rovers and Brad than Man City.

The trouble remains Tottenham and their Robinson valuation.

Andrews has been told that Rovers are coming in for him...I won't go into further detail, if you know what I mean.

so basically we got a goalekeeper who wants to leave

then we might miss out on castillo

and we might sign andrews

all the excitment over villaneuva seems to be draining away :rolleyes:

There could be some progress in the Tottenham/Bentley/Robinson situation.

The Gang of Four sent back from Spain are now thinking about meeting Sunderland after all...money talks etc.

So Daniel Levy will have a few more quid to spend on Bentley which HE has tied into the Robinson deal. Rovers just wanted the keeper.

It's messy, but if Spurs get more cash then you should get your £17 million valuation on Bentley.

so the cash + swap deal is back on then

Archived