BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

MYSTERY TARGET - Named in the morning...and it is an absolute belter...but I don.t want to spoil your fun...THIS ONE WILL MAKE YOUR DAY - I HOPE IT COMES OFF.

If you hope it comes off then you shouldn't name him - won't doing that jeopardise the whole deal? ;)

Not too worried about Robinson to be honest, but I would prefer that Brad and Bentley leave as quickly as possible now that it seems unlikely that they'll be here for the start of the new season.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My money is on Chilean midfielder Carlos Villaneuva as mentioned by other posters.

Apparantley a 'mystery' English club has shown interest after his move to Real Sociedad collapsed. His value is approx £3m

Nicko did say he could be as good as Santa Cruz in regards to a quality signing.

My money is on Chilean midfielder Carlos Villaneuva as mentioned by other posters.

Apparantley a 'mystery' English club has shown interest after his move to Real Sociedad collapsed. His value is approx £3m

Also just under the video a poster has said that he is going Man City????

Very quick & tricky

FRIEDEL/ROBINSON - More frustration because Spurs won't accept £3.5 million. Farcical. I don't know what happens next.

Farcial to think Spurs WOULD accept 3.5m.

In the meantime, despite all the hype, Ince has said he doesn't want to lose any of our best players and both Friedel and Bentley have travelled to Germany for the pre-season tour???

Spurs would surely never ever accept as little as 3.5m for Robinson.

Therefore if nicko is right about his previous assertions that we get the replacement in before we consider selling Friedel, the story is a complete non starter.

But it has whipped up needless ill feeling against our manager.

As did the the story about him not attending the coaching course in Wales.

And rumours of signing Andrews.

Then again Ince never was nicko's choice as new manager.

If these stories come off I'll hold my hand up, but in the meantime we've not signed anyone nor sold anyone.

Tis Morning over here....... WAKE up nicko...!

i really hope you are going to tell us that this deal is close to sorted.... and we dont have weeks of hopes and disappointments.!

i guess i should just do some work.. while you lot sleep.

Hi Nicko (or anyone else), a bit off track here but just wondering if you know if any of the club players, management, officials etc read this forum or the one at the official website?

If they do, can we influence them eg if we all show our displeasure at andrews signing? :rolleyes:

Thanks.

For those who bother to read other folks' posts:

Yesterday John Williams publicly stated Warnock is not for sale at any price.

Apparently there are a number of clubs in for Kaboul, not just the Mackems.

As I have pointed out previously, despite all the hype, Spurs do NOT pay big wages. Their accounts show them spending about 25% more than Rovers on wages (for a bigger first team squad and much higher management salaries in football and administration) so Sunderland would not have a problem paying Spurs wages to the trio dispatched pronto from Portugal yesterday. Being in Sunderland is probably more of a problem though.

I await the news of this prospective good signing with interest.

Spurs will be analy retentive over Robinson- they help two of their rivals by dropping their price and that is definitely not Daniel Levy's style. Besides which he is too busy flogging Berbatov to Barca (allegedly).

Archived