BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this does come off, it will be impressive. I, and many others have been critical of Ince so far but this signing would show the sort of ambition we would want. Also, it's probably the one thing that Hughes' signings lacked - he bought many excellent functional players, but very few (or none) with genuine flair.

Still, it would make Andrews signing all the more baffling...Castillo, Villaneuva, Vogel, Dunn, Reid would occupying the slots there already..

Thannks for the info Nicko.

Wow he looks a good player, seen some comparisons to Matias Fernandez.

Nicko do you think there could be some fears about his size? 5ft 8, though most creative flair players are small anyways. Do you think he could hack it in the prem?

Never stopped Zola, Defoe or Michael Owen....

If this does come off, it will be impressive. I, and many others have been critical of Ince so far but this signing would show the sort of ambition we would want. Also, it's probably the one thing that Hughes' signings lacked - he bought many excellent functional players, but very few (or none) with genuine flair.

Um Santa Cruz, David Bentley, Benni McCarthy.... :huh:

Um Santa Cruz, David Bentley, Benni McCarthy.... :huh:

Excellent players, but none of them really excited me to watch, I'd even say Bellamy was probably the most exciting player he bought in those terms.

Good players to watch but put it this way - you couldnt make a great youtube video for any of them. Still, I'd sooner we bought players that did the job than players who had a million fancy tricks and nothing else, but this guy seems to get results too (look at his goalscoring record), so I'd say this is pretty exciting stuff potentially.

Well at least we now know for certain what has seemed obvious for a while, that Hughes/O'Neill/Friedel are "the villains" of the piece and that it is Friedel wanting to leave as opposed to Ince forcing him out of the club against his will. Tris actually called this right all along.

The suggestion from Rovers coming out of the LT article is that we hadn't earmarked any separate funds for a keeper, and therefore don't want to be spending much net funding in that area on a replacement. Whilst it is in some ways harsh to deny Brad his final pay day, I can't see much happening if Rovers and Spurs are miles apart on Robinson's valuation.

The LT also indicates there is nothing in the Andrews story - Ince discussed him initially with John Williams, but wasn't prepared to recommend we made a bid for him.

I wish people would stop referring to this guy as small! I already have a height complex without being told 5 ft 8in is small!!! I'm 5ft 3 by the way ;)

He does look quality though, and would add that creative flair we have been missing. Would be great if we could use these international signings as a way of convincing Bentley to stay - but we shall have to see what happens on that front.

Tris said that Brad wanted out - that is not the case. Brad would like the opportunity to take the money on offer, doesn't mean he wants to get out of the club - very different things.

Any idea what Spurs might accept for Robinson? I was thinking the other day that if Carson is worth £4m, then Robinson probably is worth £6m. but I am sure we could afford to increase the offer by 1/2 to 1m more. Surly that would make Spurs sell?

Tris said that Brad wanted out - that is not the case. Brad would like the opportunity to take the money on offer, doesn't mean he wants to get out of the club - very different things.

Eh? Therefore he wants to leave.

If memory serves me correctly Tris actually said that if Brad left, it would be his decision - not the club's.

I wish people would stop referring to this guy as small! I already have a height complex without being told 5 ft 8in is small!!! I'm 5ft 3 by the way ;)

He does look quality though, and would add that creative flair we have been missing. Would be great if we could use these international signings as a way of convincing Bentley to stay - but we shall have to see what happens on that front.

Any idea what Spurs might accept for Robinson? I was thinking the other day that if Carson is worth £4m, then Robinson probably is worth £6m. but I am sure we could afford to increase the offer by 1/2 to 1m more. Surly that would make Spurs sell?

why should we increase our offer, nicko said they accepd a bid of £3.5m last month for robinson so why not now. They trying to squeeze more money out of him :angry:

Anybody want to apologies for castigating Ince for signing Andrews when he has done no such thing?

Some people said he was destroying the club.....

You are all gonna look so foolish around December time :-)

No...I would be full of praise if he pulled this one off. But considering we'd heard from a couple of sources (including nicko) he was likely to sign Andrews then its pretty reasonable to state our opinions.

Let's hope this one comes off...

No...I would be full of praise if he pulled this one off. But considering we'd heard from a couple of sources (including nicko) he was likely to sign Andrews then its pretty reasonable to state our opinions.

Let's hope this one comes off...

I think it has been confirmed that Paul Ince wants Andrews...but they haven't bid - yet.

Maybe somebody should break the bad news to Andrews. ;) Because he thinks he is coming. I wonder why?

The link to Villanueva got me really excited...then I realised that we are Blackburn Rovers and are sure to cock this one up.

We are Blackburn Rovers and we have pulled off some big coups in the last two or three years. Bargain signings while other clubs would spend double on just to get a player half as good...This could well fit that mould perfectly.

I wonder why this didn't go through last season? Any ideas Nicko? Do you think they would still be interested as I don't think we could compete with Real for players!!

It looks like agent talk...the bottom line is he was sold to Real Sociedad a couple of weeks ago but it fell through when they failed to come up with the cash.

And I think you CAN compete with Real Sociedad.

Lets be sure first that Andrews isnt joining before we start the merry dancing...

Quotes in the media mean nothing these days...

Nicko on a scale, which deal is closest to happening from on the verge of to very far away from happening if you could put them in order ->

Bentley out, Friedel out, Robinson in, Ooijer out, Warnock out, Castillo in, Villlanueva in, Andrews in, Osorio in, mystery right back who you wont name in , a mystery right winger who you name in

I don think Ive missed anyone...

Nicko, any chance we may have signed Castillo or Villanueva by the end of the weekend?

Villanueva does look a class act, really do hope we can get him signed & lets be honest at £3.5 million it would be stupid not to just sign him asap. I am sure he can adapt to the premier league, he looks very talented.

Nicko on a scale, which deal is closest to happening from on the verge of to very far away from happening if you could put them in order ->

Bentley out, Friedel out, Robinson in, Ooijer out, Warnock out, Castillo in, Villlanueva in, Andrews in, Osorio in, mystery right back who you wont name in , a mystery right winger who you name in

I don think Ive missed anyone...

That's an easy one... :lol:

It will HAVE to be.

Robinson in [replacement first] - Friedel out [immediately after] - Bentley out [probably] - Castillo in [fees and work permit] - Villanueva in [fee and work permit] - Andrews in [otherwise busy day] - right back in [when one decided on] - right winger in [likewise].

And, of course, Robbie when he proves his fitness.

I would NOT say that is all that is happening. The Warnock thing is a concern and it would be no shock if somebody bid for Roque with all of the striker movement going on.

Nicko, at what stage of the bidding process for this chap are we at?

I presume we have bid? Do you know when the formal bid was made exactly?

When should we receive a response?

I think an offer has been made - via an agent approved by Blackburn by the looks.

The club are looking for what they were getting off Real Sociedad, which appears to be in the £4 million region.

I just hope there is no serious haggling here because Audux Itaiano, his club, have leaked the interest without naming Rovers. They obviously want a bit more.

The best and quickest way is to sort out the deal with the player, pay what the club wants and get him in...

Archived