BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

nicko, tell us that this is not true

http://community.footballpools.com/blog/20...onal-playmaker/

what stage are they at after making a bid, have his club accepted it yet.

also if anyone sees unleaded give him a call, he might get an interview on carlos villaneuva like he did for castillo :brfcsmilie:

It looks like agent talk, guesswork and quite possibly someone pumping out info from this site.

The bottom line is that ONE club is making the running...and that is Rovers.

However, it is yet to be done. There seems to be a small disagreement over the price, but that should be sorted out.

Surely.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nicko can you see us doing what we have done with Castillo, asking him to come on trial?

I think we have to move quick on this player, a trial could jeopardise that.

I think asking Castillo - a man with 30-odd caps and World Cup appearances - is frankly ludicrous. What would Rovers think if someone asked for Bentley - a man with hardly any caps - to go on trial?

If you ask Villanueva for a trial I may just have to get the machine gun out.

nicko, this is nothing against you, but i bet you anything you want this chilean guy doesnt rock up at Ewood!

i honestly cant believe that brad is off aswell. nicko, is the only factor in this move a bigger and better contract, as i seem to remember brad calling rovers 'his club' not so long back, not the words of someone motivated by a fat contract.

nicko, this is nothing against you, but i bet you anything you want this chilean guy doesnt rock up at Ewood!

i honestly cant believe that brad is off aswell. nicko, is the only factor in this move a bigger and better contract, as i seem to remember brad calling rovers 'his club' not so long back, not the words of someone motivated by a fat contract.

You should be able to do the Chilean.

On Brad - if you or I was coming to the end of our working career and were offered double our dough and an extra year's contract I think it would make us change our minds.

I can't think of a better way of putting it.

thats fair enough, but you just have to think to yourself sometimes dont you?!

ssn reporting that di matteo admitting were in for andrews.

im sorry and this will put some peoples noses out of join but i dont support ince over this, not 1 bit.though generally im ok with hughes, but too many people seem to be blindley supporting ince, and in my opinion trust has to be earned, and this aint the way of earning it from me.

You should be able to do the Chilean.

On Brad - if you or I was coming to the end of our working career and were offered double our dough and an extra year's contract I think it would make us change our minds.

I can't think of a better way of putting it.

Cant blame Brad to be fair, he has been a fantastic servant to the club and one of the longest serving too. We cannot blame for been offered a final pay off especially when he only has a couple of years left in him.

Also loving the manchester united supporters views on SSN regarding Ronaldo's future, coming from derby, norfolk and london!! got to love the man u fans.

Nicko do you think the Geordies will up their bid, why dont they go for Nicky Shorey instead?

I am not convinced that is right yet. However if it is a loan then that is good business, but also risky as someone could offer hard cash now and the club would take that instead.

Why cut corners? Just do the deal.

cheques in the post....

but is the an option to sign permanentley?

I can't believe the Chileans would take a loan fee for a player who was going to be sold for the fat part of £4 million.

Treat this loan thing with caution.

it has probablt been talked about before, but nicko is it known just how big the bentley sell on clause is?

if it is big, would it not be in our interests to take a player-plus-cash deal as opposed to straight cash??

Where have you been for the last month,

Read the posts,(seek and you find)

Fun how this old game works..

Why you sticking with us old monkeys (please dont mention us monkeys to a certain NE team) though mr Nicko?

I do love our targets though.. I can see a mr Vil as the next juninho of the league.. Castle as our rock.. but boy is it a risk a south american midfield (mind wanders to certain SA teams and wont complain and boy do stocks and attendance rise with that kind of fun).

Personally Brad is a god but you are right.. he is not going to last forever and Robo for all his sins aint too bad when he feels like it, just needs someone to motivate him (Ince at Macc's for example 7 points off the bottom with less than half left).

And for those rover fans who doubt me as a fan I am a lifelong fan born in Darwen my dad Colin was good friends with jack for a while until stuff hit the fan.

I would love to see us play a good game after hughes, we all appreciate what he did, and we should appreciate for us mr bentley (like shearer, duffy and co) did a great job.. it's time to move on and enjoy a new season we are not funded by gods anymore but blessed with the remains like jw and a great board.

At least the boss is looking the right direction.. sign what we need bar right full back (althought I am sure he has left some budget for that) and leave the other two options open (GK and RW) until we have a route forward.

Folwer - cant be thick being a multi millionaire like the other muppets who left football

Andrews - Who knows but trust in ince he has his reasons

Cast - The anchor

Vil - Our own toy to watch and probably despair at when not in the mood but 50 goals from 125 games and a personality to boot.. hmmm

As for budget 7m TV, 5m Hughes, 0.5m sponsorship and 3m walker trust.. knock of 40% for wages and we still have 11mil plus to play with excluding sales.

Yep my last post was pesimistic but you know I should of just trusted the Guv and more the main man at blackburn (jw).

veevs

if it is big, would it not be in our interests to take a player-plus-cash deal as opposed to straight cash??

The deal would be considered as straight cash in terms of paying off Arsenal's percentage. Bentley's valuation will be the cash that changed hands plus the valuation of Robinson. It'll probably go to arbitration.

Nicko, can you tell us any more about whether we're definitely the only club in for Villaneuva, because there are rumours flying around that Newcastle and Sunderland are interested as well?

Also, are no other clubs in for the 4 spurs players, because I would have thought people would be jumping at the chance to sign some of them?

it has probablt been talked about before, but nicko is it known just how big the bentley sell on clause is?

noep they take into play the player value in the transfer.. althoug worded right we might be able to get away with a little difference just not much.

veevs

Nicko, can you tell us any more about whether we're definitely the only club in for Villaneuva, because there are rumours flying around that Newcastle and Sunderland are interested as well?

Also, are no other clubs in for the 4 spurs players, because I would have thought people would be jumping at the chance to sign some of them?

People pulling names out of fresh air...

Rovers are the leaders in the race, the first club in, the one talking to the player's agent.

There is a deal to be done here - but I will be amazed if it is a loan first.

We will see what happens in the next few days, but I would hate this one to slip away.

Brad Friedel is NOT on a plane to Denmark, by the way.

That one will have to be sorted out next week.

Details on Bentley, Robinson and the Spurs Gang of Four in the 11 o'clocker.

I cannot see anything in this Andrews business as we need the money for other things.

Andrews would not cost much...in the scheme of things.

Interesting different views on this one from Rovers and MK Dons today.

Archived