BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's messy, but if Spurs get more cash then you should get your £17 million valuation on Bentley.

Are we still saying there is a 50% sell on clause?

If there is, surely we need at least 17m before we even consider selling.

I told my Wolves supporting friends about the Andrews link.

They were in stitches.

This cannot be good.

Williams has categorically denied any interest from Rovers today.

But then Nicko has said that Andrews himself thinks he is coming.

Sounds to me like Ince promised to take Andrew with him when he moved on. But that conversation happend when it seemed Ince would be off to the Championship rather than the Prem.... Now he is at Rovers he has asessed things and decided that he would offer little to the team and is dropping him like a hot potato. Andrews is probably going to be a mite peed off.

With us scrambling for the cash for Robinson, Castillo and Villenueva he hasn't got a snowbell in hell's chance...

Are we still saying there is a 50% sell on clause?

If there is, surely we need at least 17m before we even consider selling.

We should simply say "Bugger off until you get serious Spurs, stop wasting oxygen"

I am sure he will leave however and I hope our board stick to their guns, it has worked well in the past.

Tottenham's Gand of Four SHOULD be on their way. But there is more than just Sunderland interest...this one moves by the minute.

I would think they could get close to £12 million for the four...now that Kaboul is in there as well.

As usual they are expecting more. But what you want and what you get, etc.

That SHOULD make a difference with the Bentley-Robinson business.

But as the money is not in yet I think that will stop Robinson leaving today - and Brad joining Villa today.

So we reusme the fun later on that one.

Well, as the offer was made two or three days ago it's up to the club to make it happen.

I was sitting on it for Sunday, but then too much 'chatter' started and I could not wait any longer.

I just write the stories - other people have to do the deals.

I presume buying these two Villeneuva, Castillo, would be dependant on Rovers seling Bentley? Therefore if Bentley is not sold these two don't come - or is it not dependant - which in my view would be better as bentley may even want to stay with those two in the squad.

I presume buying these two Villeneuva, Castillo, would be dependant on Rovers seling Bentley? Therefore if Bentley is not sold these two don't come - or is it not dependant - which in my view would be better as bentley may even want to stay with those two in the squad.

I don't think that is the case. You will probably beat Castillo's price down a bit although Villanueva's looks pretty set in stone as they just had an offer.

So let's say Castillo costs about £3.5-4 million up front with extras and Villanueva is the same that makes £7-8 million.

You SURELY have to have that cash without selling.

If not, why not.

I would've thought we could afford them pre-selling Bentley. Looked like we had £10m to spend, then there's the extra £3m from the Trustees.

The date.

Nicko, been trying to find on the internet anything about Bentley's sell on clause.

Found an Arsenal site which say's its 20%

http://www.arsenal.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=508122

I'll say it again...50% is the figure being mentioned among the buying clubs. It could be a big lie - but if so, I know where it comes from.

I'm writing the Bentley story just now- my heads full of enough numbers without any more percentages thanks... :blink:

Yes, it's Tottenham, so it's complicated.

However a lot of progress has been made since that total pack of fabricated, tabloid red-top lies emerged last weekend. Eh? ;)

I think we must be wrong - in theory, if we sold Bentley and added the supposed £13m, that means we have £30m to spend this Summer :huh:

Edit: OK, if it's a 50% sell on fee then £21.5m.

and why couldn't we have that much to spend?

I would assume a large % of that will be allocated on getting in Bentley's replacement though.

Well, as the offer was made two or three days ago it's up to the club to make it happen.

I was sitting on it for Sunday, but then too much 'chatter' started and I could not wait any longer.

I just write the stories - other people have to do the deals.

Sorry Nicko,

If this was the post that started all the chatter, maybe I should have pm'd you.

Could this Be Nicko's man.

Sounds the part.

Villanueva Interests European Clubs

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=780850

I real hope the early release of the exclusive, does not do any damage to the signing.

Nicko,

In your professional opinion do you think that Spurs would be willing to tie up a deal for Robinson seperately from any potential Bentley transfer or would they prefer to use Robbo as a bargaining chip later down any future transfer line?

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...ok_at_Castillo/

Not sure if Castillo will be too happy about this, I'm loving the last bit, THEY HAVEN'T EVEN TALKED ABOUT KEITH BLOODY ANDREWS

Edit: Just saw this on BBC Gossip Column

Tottenham defender Younes Kaboul "wouldn't join Sunderland even if there was an earthquake", according to his agent. (AFP news agency, 1342 BST)

Nicko,

In your professional opinion do you think that Spurs would be willing to tie up a deal for Robinson seperately from any potential Bentley transfer or would they prefer to use Robbo as a bargaining chip later down any future transfer line?

Rovers wanted to do it separately - Spurs said no, they wanted Bentley in the deal - that's where we are at.

I said all the way through that this would be hard to nail down because THREE players are involved, when you include Brad.

It HAS come a long way. It's just the last bit that can often be the hardest part.

Rovers wanted to do it separately - Spurs said no, they wanted Bentley in the deal - that's where we are at.

I said all the way through that this would be hard to nail down because THREE players are involved, when you include Brad.

It HAS come a long way. It's just the last bit that can often be the hardest part.

Ignore the Daily Mail story about the size of the offer.

Completely.

Not sure if Castillo will be too happy about this, I'm loving the last bit, THEY HAVEN'T EVEN TALKED ABOUT KEITH BLOODY ANDREWS

Perhaps we are being unfair to Mr Andrews, after all he does have more medals than Alan Shearer.....I'll get me coat

Archived