BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

DAVID BENTLEY - The Spurs bid is £8.5 million cash, plus £3.5 million-rated Paul Robinson and a further £4.2 million in add-ons. Rovers said no. Daniel Levy is likely to come back with more. I work it out that Rovers would have to give Arsenal around £4.5 million from the deal, leaving them with £4 million and Robinson. The extras would be split with Arsenal too. Complicated.

Spurs can shove that offer up their backside, £17 million cash or no deal.

And £4 million won't get us a replacement for Bentley...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So a bid of £12m equivelant + £4.2m in add-ons - Not far from £17m. Im sure now more than ever they will come back with the full £13.5m + Robinson

The add-ons are pointless. It would likely be one where if they make the champions league we get some cash, or so many international appearances.

I can quite easilly see Bentley kicking up a fuss in a year or two from now as he wants to play in the champions league so i can see us never getting the add-ons.

So a bid of £12m equivelant + £4.2m in add-ons - Not far from £17m. Im sure now more than ever they will come back with the full £13.5m + Robinson

I can't see us being keen on the add-ons. His price before a couple of weeks back was £15 million so nicko said, so I'd think we'd at least want £15 millions worth in guaranteed money/player assets.

Bentley is a full England international so what on earth can there be add-ons about other than "if we Spurs screw you Rovers over on the football pitch, we Spurs will give you some extra compo to pay to Arsenal."

The £4.2m of off-balance sheet contingent liabilities for Spurs are utterly useless to Rovers. They cannot be used for anything and would only get paid no doubt in the event of Spurs using our player to reduce our Premiership winnings by £750K per season.

The fact that Spurs have offered this without thinking through how Rovers would perceive it re-enforces my view that Spurs will never get near to the £17m figure.

If they start going into the £12m to £17m gap, other players come into contention as signing targets for the right wing- Ramos probably favours Joaquin anyway. You also have to remember that Spuds face losing their entire forward line and have in all probability to use the Sunderland 4, Berb, Keane and Bent money to buy 3 new centre forwards so pushing another £5m straight cash for Bentley (up from £8.5m to £13.5m cash or 50% more) is not on the agenda.

The £4.2m of off-balance sheet contingent liabilities for Spurs are utterly useless to Rovers. They cannot be used for anything and would only get paid no doubt in the event of Spurs using our player to reduce our Premiership winnings by £750K per season.

Every so often you say something that makes very good sense.

I'll check back in August for the next installment :tu:

Fantastic point.

Reinforces my belief that we should only sell to one of the 'big four'. Spurs are in direct competition with us and would be made better, while we would obviously be worse off!!

Nicko, firstly are you at liberty to reveal any of the other RM or RB names that are being looked at? Or are you leaving that till Sunday?

Did you check that name i gave you yesterday, as my friend still seems to think we are paying him attention...

Also, do you know if the offer we have made for that 22 year old Carlos chap is a loan offer or full-on bid? I know your contacts havent revealed anything, but just wondered if you had any idea...?

JW, stated 17m.

His personnel creditability is at stake here.

It has to be either 17m cash, or Robinson + the balance in full.

Anything else would be seen as a climb down by Rovers.

It would also leave the impression with others, that what we quote for a player is negotiable to the extreme.

I really hope spuds can't come up with the cash.

Nicko, firstly are you at liberty to reveal any of the other RM or RB names that are being looked at? Or are you leaving that till Sunday?

Did you check that name i gave you yesterday, as my friend still seems to think we are paying him attention...

Also, do you know if the offer we have made for that 22 year old Carlos chap is a loan offer or full-on bid? I know your contacts havent revealed anything, but just wondered if you had any idea...?

i wont ask you to share names, unless you want to ;) but is the fella in the sort of skill bracket we should be looking at?

I personally hope Spurs come up with a decent offer and he does go. When did a player vociferously express a desire to leave a club, not get his wishes, and then continue being a success at the club he wanted to leave??

I find it all the more galling defending him last summer when he stood down from the England U-21s for a rest so he could give his best for Rovers and possibly England. Yes he had a good season, cemented his place in the England squad, then threw all his toys out of the pram and told everyone he wants out. Ince wont want him sulking in the dressing room, and it would be a waste of wages to let him rot in the reserves.

So Arsenal only get a cut of the cash part of the deal or do they get the same percentage of the 'value' of Robinson. Apologies if this has already been explained.

Come on Spurs, stump up the cash!

Might be something in this!

SANTIAGO, July 18 (Reuters) - Chile international midfielder Carlos Villanueva is to join English Premier League Blackburn Rovers, his club Audax Italiano said on Friday.

"The directors of Audax Italiano informed that this morning they reached a complete agreement with Blackburn Rovers for the transfer of Carlos Villanueva for the 2008/09 season," the club said on its website

Audax Italiano Official website

I reckon it's a done deal

I personally hope Spurs come up with a decent offer and he does go. When did a player vociferously express a desire to leave a club, not get his wishes, and then continue being a success at the club he wanted to leave??

I find it all the more galling defending him last summer when he stood down from the England U-21s for a rest so he could give his best for Rovers and possibly England. Yes he had a good season, cemented his place in the England squad, then threw all his toys out of the pram and told everyone he wants out. Ince wont want him sulking in the dressing room, and it would be a waste of wages to let him rot in the reserves.

So Arsenal only get a cut of the cash part of the deal or do they get the same percentage of the 'value' of Robinson. Apologies if this has already been explained.

Come on Spurs, stump up the cash!

I hope Spurs report United in the same way that United have reported Madrid for the Ronaldo saga :lol:

That would see Fergie spit his dummy out :lol:

SANTIAGO, July 18 (Reuters) - Chile international midfielder Carlos Villanueva is to join English Premier League Blackburn Rovers, his club Audax Italiano said on Friday.

"The directors of Audax Italiano informed that this morning they reached a complete agreement with Blackburn Rovers for the transfer of Carlos Villanueva for the 2008/09 season," the club said on its website

what do you mean a done deal, its says for the transfer for the "2008/09 season", in other words its a season long loan deal. why cant rovers just snap him up

what do you mean a done deal, its says for the transfer for the "2008/09 season", in other words its a season long loan deal. why cant rovers just snap him up

Meaning you will be seeing him in a world famous blue and white halved shirt next season.

Ithink where better with the loan deal to be honest, if he turns out to be another Grabbi (very unlikely) then we've wasted another £6/7million

If he does well, sign him at the end of the season with one those "view to a permanent move" written into his loan contract.

Drunx,

The most recent for Rovers example that I can think of for a "player vociferously express a desire to leave a club, not get his wishes, and then continue being a success at the club he wanted to leave" would be Lucas Neill who continued to serve as well as he could even though his goal scoring celebration for his last goal was inflammatory.Surely Nicko or other wiseheads on this board can remember a better example.(Maybe Berbatov at Spurs last year after his mufc move fell through?) As stated ad naseum on the Bentley thread it is in his interest to perform at his highest for us if he stays.

Meaning you will be seeing him in a world famous blue and white halved shirt next season.

i know but when you said it was a done deal i thought you meant that we have fully completed the signing of him, not a season long loan dea. Oh well cant wait to see him put the blue and white half shirt on, hopefully if he impresses whihc im sure he will will make it permenant.. This is what we have been crying out for an attack minded midfielder who has pace, skill and can take people on and contribute goals from midfield. That is what we have been crying out for in the last 2 season or so. With the addition of Castillo to, hopefully he will add more steel and power to our midfield. Not a bad start by ince in the transfer market, but he has to make sure these to are tied up soon :rover:

Also mentioned on the skysports.com "Transfer Clockwatch"

22.59 Audax Italiano say Chile international midfielder Carlos Villanueva is to join Blackburn Rovers.

Archived