BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

Does anyone actually know why? Not that I like the look of Carson either, but I don't understand the Robinson thing.

just watch this clip

i know hes had his ups and downs, who dosent but but only recently he was englands no 1, he 29 which is a decent age for a goalie, plenty of experience with leeds and spurs and with fridel 37 now, we wont EVER in fact no one will EVER get 2.5million for a 37 year old goal keeper like we are doing. So i think its a good move by rovers, hopefully they can swiftly sort robinsons fee out and can put this to bed :closedeyes:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spurs DO have to sell - just heard - and there IS a big development at that end. Things could be rolling...although I am not sure entirely where.

This one will save the for 11 o'clocker...I might know more about it by then. But there HAS been a siginficant development at Tottenham in the past few hours that could lead to them having cash for Bentley and Capel.

SAF has made a bid for unnamed player this afternoon, (berbatov 25mill + 8 mill = 32)

That should just about cover the afore mentioned players above.

And just about, any other permutation we wish to believe , or speculate on.

Can I remind everyone to look at the first post in this thread. If you have a question for Nicko, or have a comment on one or more of Nicko's posts, then that's fine.

As for Carson, why doesn't someone create a topic on the m/b?

Three players stuck on a place home is hardly speculation ffs.

Take you pick.

Expected to be shown the White Hart Lane exit door are Paul Robinson, Pascal Chimbonda, Michael Dawson, Anthony Gardner, Young Pyo Lee, Steed Malbranque, Teemu Tainio, Kevin Boateng, Younes Kaboul, Hossam Ghaly, Adel Taarabt, Darren Bent, Paul Stalteri, Ricardo Rocha and Robbie Keane. Dimitar Berbatov is also likely to leave this summer.

Can I remind everyone to look at the first post in this thread. If you have a question for Nicko, or have a comment on one or more of Nicko's posts, then that's fine.

As for Carson, why doesn't someone create a topic on the m/b?

Den on the subject of creating topic's - it appears that Nicko has started sharing news at 11.00pm - why not create a seperate thread just for that. But only for Nicko to be able to post on (if that is possible) - maybe call it Nicko's 11. o'clocker - Date the post, such as ' Thursday 17th July 08 Nicko's 11 O'clocker' - we could always make comments about the news on this current thread. It would save having to go all the way through this thread to find the 11.00 news.

Take you pick.

Expected to be shown the White Hart Lane exit door are Paul Robinson, Pascal Chimbonda, Michael Dawson, Anthony Gardner, Young Pyo Lee, Steed Malbranque, Teemu Tainio, Kevin Boateng, Younes Kaboul, Hossam Ghaly, Adel Taarabt, Darren Bent, Paul Stalteri, Ricardo Rocha and Robbie Keane. Dimitar Berbatov is also likely to leave this summer.

You can rule out both berbatov - keane as they are both over 8 million themselves.

Bent - they would want a minimum of 8 mill for him.

Robinson we already know is 3 - 4 million

So it leaves the other 12.

Was the Carson story linking us with him in the Daily Mail? The BBC football gossip suggests it might have been.

It was wrong this morning and it's wrong now... :lol:

My mate at Stoke has just told me he is off to West Brom. Well, about two hours ago, so he should have made it by now.

You can rule out both berbatov - keane as they are both over 8 million themselves.

Bent - they would want a minimum of 8 mill for him.

Robinson we already know is 3 - 4 million

So it leaves the other 12.

It was just a list from a media report.

No one is going to assume, Berbatov Bent or Keane would be included in the three flying home.

Nicko, as already stated Robinson is in the Uk.

So yes your rite. any three fro twelve.

nicko, i know this may sound a litle daft but any chance that ince might have had a word about robinson with our new goal keeping goal steele, seen as those two have worked together when they were away with england, before ince began his puruse of Paul Robinson :rover:

Agreed!

And if Brad goes? Think hes taking too many chances!

Brad in another teams jersey?Makes me feel sick :(

Robinson for Brad = replacing old for young

Andrews = Dont think he'll play more of a squad player

Fowler = Experienced and could help our other strikers

Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Nicko what are your opinions on the Brad for Robinson deal? don't think you've mentioned it on here yet....

Nicko what are your opinions on the Brad for Robinson deal? don't think you've mentioned it on here yet....

Brad is a legend, worth points every season and an absolute gent. However I fully understand why he wants to get a big pay day elsewhere. If you close the deal at £2.5 million with Villa it is good business.

Robinson WAS a very good keeper but has slipped quite a long way. However if the price is right it's worth the gamble. I think he can get back to his best if he sorts out his head and shape. The price IS still the issue, mind you.

The question is 'who is better than Robinson?' and I don't think there are many. Maybe Jaaskelainen if he hadn't signed, but that's just the way it goes at times.

Villa desperately need a good goalkeeper, so the age isn't as relevant to us because we're imminently signing the Guzan lad to come in as well. I don't think the Friedel/Robinson is a bad deal for Blackburn. You knew what we needed and so you've made us pay for it if it goes through, 2.5m is good money for a 37 year old keeper, I don't mind us paying but it's a good deal for Blackburn.

Robbo was linked with Villa and I wasn't too keen but it's only this season that people have got on his back, before this he was considered a very talented keeper. David O'Leary was doing an interview in our paper on about the possible Robbo to Villa move and he was full of praise, he had him in his Leeds days, maybe someone like Ince who was a player recently will be able to sit down and chat with him and get him back to his best. It's a confidence thing, I hate confidence players but everyone is one to a degree and he's taken a lot of ######, he's a lot better than Scott Carson.

Not to go off topic Nicko, but when you said the 3 players from Spurs are flying home, you mean they're all flying to English destinations yeah?

Not to go off topic Nicko, but when you said the 3 players from Spurs are flying home, you mean they're all flying to English destinations yeah?

Heathrow...and I'm not being funny with that remark as you will find out later.

You mean at least one of them isn't English Nicko? (or maybe all of them!).

Have you managed to find out anything about the new American interest in taking over the club or was it all a load of tosh? (sorry if you've already answered that one!)

Also, has anyone from Rovers touring squad flown back to England on any plane yet?

Archived