BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, do you think that maybe the signing of Andrews is like a final farewell to MK Dons for Ince, i.e, a million or so for them to sign new players, to help them in league one?

Surely that cannot be right, that would be no way to do business. You can't spend £1m of your employer's money saying "thank you" to your previous employers.

It will be because Ince thinks Andrews can do some sort of job for us.

Can we just tell them that Warnock is not for sale and to go away? Please.

Same here mum , my only worry is that Warnock appears to be the outspoken one at the moment ... much the same as Friedal was a couple of weeks back.... :unsure:

Do people here actually rate Carson higher than Robinson? I probably dont but Carson is younger...

Secondly, Nicko who is this other keeper you were mentioning we were looking at if Robinson doesnt go through??? There was nothing in the papers.

If Villa are afraid of getting knocked out of the Intertoto Cup hinging on who their goalkeeper is, then they have problems!

They do have problems though. all their fans are panicking that they haven't replaced their defence and basically don't have one. It wasn't top notch last season and there seem to be a lot of fans looking at a banana skin situation. I don't think they'll lose to Odense but we all know slip ups are possible in Europe. They really want friedel to shore up, not a leaky defence, but a non-existent one if fans are to be believed.

Do people here actually rate Carson higher than Robinson? I probably dont but Carson is younger...

Secondly, Nicko who is this other keeper you were mentioning we were looking at if Robinson doesnt go through??? There was nothing in the papers.

i agree with you that he is younger and has time on his side to mature and get better. but if you looking at it carson has hardly been a success where ever hes been

Years Club App (Gls)*

2003–2005 - 3 - couldnt displace robinson at leeds

2005– 4 - Liverpool

2006 9 - Sheffiled Wednesday

2006–2007 36 - Charlton Athletic

2007–2008 35 - Aston Villa

He clearyl isnt fancied by anyone and is prone to errors due to lack of concentration, but he has time on his side. Seen as fridels leaving then ROBINSON all the way :rover:

i agree with you that he is younger and has time on his side to mature and get better. but if you looking at it carson has hardly been a success where ever hes been

Years Club App (Gls)*

2003–2005 - 3 - couldnt displace robinson at leeds

2005– 4 - Liverpool

2006 9 - Sheffiled Wednesday

2006–2007 36 - Charlton Athletic

2007–2008 35 - Aston Villa

He clearyl isnt fancied by anyone and is prone to errors due to lack of concentration, but he has time on his side. Seen as fridels leaving then ROBINSON all the way :rover:

Are the Carson stories to persuade Spurs to sell to us at a lower price/to get on with it beforeeveryone loses patience with the sagas and decides all bids are off?

It looks like the Castillo deal is not looking too well.............The player and his camp are angry that Rovers suddenly want to the "suck it and see" way..............Castillo thinks that Rovers are showing a lack of respect and I agree.......

I would like to know what the scouts are doing if they cant even give a report on a player who was voted "the best foreign player".....

Everything was defined in terms of economic figures and years of the contract and suddenly Mr Williams and co have a brain wave that he should have a trial..................The guy is an International player who played in 3 of 4 games in last World Cup and who has played in Europe for the past 2 years.............

..............this looks like Valencia all over again..............I can just see it now " Bruce snaps up Castillo"......Come on Mr Williams back your manager................have faith in his taste.................

It looks like the Castillo deal is not looking too well.............The player and his camp are angry that Rovers suddenly want to the "suck it and see" way..............Castillo thinks that Rovers are showing a lack of respect and I agree.......

I would like to know what the scouts are doing if they cant even give a report on a player who was voted "the best foreign player".....

Everything was defined in terms of economic figures and years of the contract and suddenly Mr Williams and co have a brain wave that he should have a trial..................The guy is an International player who played in 3 of 4 games in last World Cup and who has played in Europe for the past 2 years.............

..............this looks like Valencia all over again..............I can just see it now " Bruce snaps up Castillo"......Come on Mr Williams back your manager................have faith in his taste.................

so is it the chairman that has set him up this trial, get him in rovers, :angry:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...ielder_capture/

would that midfield capture be castillo

CASTILLO - great early info from unleaded again...nobody is going to agree to a 'trial' - not the player, his agent or whatever club he plays for/belongs to. This is very strange behaviour from Rovers. If they want him, bring him in for a medical and do the terms. But a 'trial' smacks to me of someone getting cold feet.

CARSON - forget that one...Robinson is THE keeper they want.

BRAD - the deadline is Friday midnight as far as I am aware...UEFA allow late deadlines for this stage in their competitions...Villa want him by then...have you seen Stuart Taylor?

MYSTERY MIDFIELD TARGET - fuming that this info has been picked up and referred to by the local paper...absolutely no more comment on this one.

ANDREWS - no clue on fee, but a pal of mine knows the player and he has been assured it is happening.

FOWLER - will have a smile when he pulls on a Rovers strip after all of the 'I don't believe it' tosh.

CASTILLO - great early info from unleaded again...nobody is going to agree to a 'trial' - not the player, his agent or whatever club he plays for/belongs to. This is very strange behaviour from Rovers. If they want him, bring him in for a medical and do the terms. But a 'trial' smacks to me of someone getting cold feet.

CARSON - forget that one...Robinson is THE keeper they want.

BRAD - the deadline is Friday midnight as far as I am aware...UEFA allow late deadlines for this stage in their competitions...Villa want him by then...have you seen Stuart Taylor?

MYSTERY MIDFIELD TARGET - fuming that this info has been picked up and referred to by the local paper...absolutely no more comment on this one.

ANDREWS - no clue on fee, but a pal of mine knows the player and he has been assured it is happening.

FOWLER - will have a smile when he pulls on a Rovers strip after all of the 'I don't believe it' tosh.

Sounds like there is a good chance the Castillo deal will collapse?

On your Fowler comment Nicko, is that an indication that Ince wants to sign him after the trial?

Sounds like there is a good chance the Castillo deal will collapse?

On your Fowler comment Nicko, is that an indication that Ince wants to sign him after the trial?

Paul Ince wants Castillo. I only hope this tactic - which must come from the chairman - is designed to keep the fee low. Otherwise there are problems ahead.

Ince has wanted Fowler from the word go. It was his move to talk him into leaving Cardiff a week ago. Of course he has to prove he is fit first, but he is at Rovers to sign...not for a holiday.

Guest Kamy100

To be fair to Lancashire Telegraph it is John Williams who confirms that they are looking at mystery midfield target in the paper “We are making progress with an international midfielder. We’ve had a number of discussions, but there is still some work to".

Paul Ince wants Castillo. I only hope this tactic - which must come from the chairman - is designed to keep the fee low. Otherwise there are problems ahead.

Ince has wanted Fowler from the word go. It was his move to talk him into leaving Cardiff a week ago. Of course he has to prove he is fit first, but he is at Rovers to sign...not for a holiday.

the chairman did say he would back the manager in what ever decision he make, this seems a bit odd though :blink:

Well, I assume it is the one that Nicko described as a top player who was an all-round sort of midfielder, so it seems unlikely. I would think that he is young(ish) and probably from outside of the premiersip.

Well if John Williams goes ahead and lets Ince sign a lower league journeyman for 1.5million yet baulks at an established international for 4.5 million then there's cause for concern on the judgement of all at Ewood. Even Mr. 'whiter than white' Williams.

Archived