BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

Nicko,

Not to be picky, but could you tell us the "funny Fowler" story? I remember last night saying you were going to update us all at 11pm, and the Fowler story was part of it. I searched high and low for it but to no avail.

Let me guess, he fell over his own nose?

Stephen Warnock crocked him in training - a sore one too - with a crunching tackle. Hurt his ankle quite badly, pretty unfortunate really.These Scousers, eh?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still dont believe Ince - looks to me like Rovers are playing their normal game of 'say nothing' and then next thing a deal is done. Best way to do business.

Nicko - anything new on bentley/ brad/ robbo chain?

Joaquin WAS a very good player but he went off. If he was that good he would have been snapped up by a Spanish rival.

I like Joacquin as a player, he has been poor for a couple of seasons but I think a move to the right club could be tha very thing he needs to ressurect his career...

Doesn't sound like a Rovers signing to me unless he was £1.6m not £16m, way out of our league at that sort of money.

Has anyone heard anything on the jaoquin story?

It is just not a Blackburn signing is it?

just got off holiday so trying to catch up!

Did Nicko say anything about it, it came from the People didnt it?

That story's a non-starter. If Rovers had £16 million to spend on one player they'd spend it more wisely and, in any case, when I ran it by his agent he scoffed.

Nicko

Newcastle fan here happy with the info provided about Aimar just wondering if there are any updates on him as it is now being reported Benfica could still sign him is it definite that he is coming here?

Any other rumours you have heard about Newcastle?

Thanks

Nicko

Newcastle fan here happy with the info provided about Aimar just wondering if there are any updates on him as it is now being reported Benfica could still sign him is it definite that he is coming here?

Any other rumours you have heard about Newcastle?

Thanks

You are well-informed. There are problems with personal terms. Was saving that for later, but if the news is out, it's out...

Still dont believe Ince - looks to me like Rovers are playing their normal game of 'say nothing' and then next thing a deal is done. Best way to do business. I THINK SKY SHOULD HAVE ASKED HIM ABOUT INCOMINGS...LIKE CASTILLO...RATHER THAN WHO HAVE YOU SOLD TODAY QUESTIONS.

Nicko - anything new on bentley/ brad/ robbo chain? 11PM.

Apology accepted.

How much was Valencia bought for, he would have been a great buy, how did Wigan beat us to him.

Priorities at the time I would think we had Bentley so used the money elsewhere! Heinsite (sp?) is a wonderful thing....

Villa fan here as the name says.

I have been following this board for some time now and I really enjoy the views being shared.

It is refreshing to have an inside view to some of the dealings of football.

Nicko you have mentioned a few times that spurs are notoriously slow in transfer dealings, but you also said that MON is one that takes a long time. Can you give any inside to how that is and if it has cost Villa any signings?

Do you have any idea who the right back Villa have been looking at for a long time is? and do you know if there is any truth in the rumors on Shaun Wrights Phillips coming to Villa.

Looking forward to your update tonight at 11 - can you in that explain why Bently seem to prefer Spurs?

And finally I will just wish all you Blackburn fans a good season; if Villa can't break into the top 4 I would love it to be Blackburn.

You are well-informed. There are problems with personal terms. Was saving that for later, but if the news is out, it's out...

Thats not a suprise seems to be the story with most of our targets.

We have been linked with a load of players any idea on the targets we are going for?

We have also been linked with Samba from Blackburn any truth in this?

We have been linked with a load of players any idea on the targets we are going for?

Dont think so mate, I heard Samba wants to progress in his career not step down to a club from the lower tier of the Premiership.

This is going to look a bit brutal, but in order to make this topic more readable to the posters who don't have the time to go through every post, can we please stick to asking Nicko questions, or commenting on some of his answers.

If we lose the "one liners" that many have complained about, it will be for the better.

Earlier on you said his agent wasn't "coming in" until tonight or tomorrow. Did he catch an earlier flight? Must have been canny early since he was straight on the phone to you about it.

Nicko,

Was he ever on the shopping list for RB, What a bargain, IMO.

Lazio Sign Lichtsteiner

A deal has now been agreed, and Lazio will pay 1.8 million euros for the 24-year-old, who will sign a four year contract worth 500,000 euros a season. Lichsteiner will complete a medical before officially becoming a Lazio player tomorrow.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=779206

What i cant understand is Castillo claims,that he has agreed to sign,jw comes out saying he hasnt signed.as the player in question ie Castillo,he wil no doubt not be at all impressed to learn he wil only be going on trial.Nicko,any idea the reason as to why Castillo would make a statement,saying he had signed or agreed to join.was he just trying to buy himself a deal?

Earlier on you said his agent wasn't "coming in" until tonight or tomorrow. Did he catch an earlier flight? Must have been canny early since he was straight on the phone to you about it.

he must have got back across to purtugal quickly as well, as he's signed for benfica according to the portugese press.

Aimar should have been easy to do, but they stumbled on the wages. Poor.

It was the same with Inler. Met the agent, sorted out the player and then got messed around.

Deals are tough to do these days, but it's worse when the expectations are high like they are at the Toon.

I don't think there is anything in the Samba link. But I'll check.

he must have got back across to purtugal quickly as well, as he's signed for benfica according to the portugese press.

It takes forty five minutes to get to Newcastle Airport from Monument on the Metro and half that to get to Zaragoza from Newcastle Airport. In't technology brilliant?

"I THINK SKY SHOULD HAVE ASKED HIM ABOUT INCOMINGS...LIKE CASTILLO...RATHER THAN WHO HAVE YOU SOLD TODAY QUESTIONS".

They did ask, he said their was nothing to report...

The first question should have been about Castillo. Not many know who he is. It is today's breaking story. I think Paul Ince would have been happy to speak about him rather than who might be leaving.

Just a thought.

I think a lot of the Toon's work is done in London these days, you will find. The guy was in earlier. And left about 6-ish.

Nicko,

Was he ever on the shopping list for RB, What a bargain, IMO.

Lazio Sign Lichtsteiner

A deal has now been agreed, and Lazio will pay 1.8 million euros for the 24-year-old, who will sign a four year contract worth 500,000 euros a season. Lichsteiner will complete a medical before officially becoming a Lazio player tomorrow.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=779206

Looked at, didn't fancy.

Archived